Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456712 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on FX

Quote Originally Posted by AC88 View Post
    I was warned about never betting on Guillard by a friend. He started off at -300 and then went to -400 against Lauzon. Honestly, If he came out better than -300 I would have layed so much on him. I don't want to bet on Guillard anymore except a small fun bet on 'KO in the 1st' by him for every fight he's in.
    Probably wouldn't hurt to hedge that by betting on him being subbed in the 1st.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Guillard is going in my box of fighters I never bet on or against... too unpredictable because he is a head case.
    Seconded. That motherfucker lets it get to him every time it seems like. His head gets too big and then he goes in there jumping all over the place with his hands down.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by AC88 View Post
    I was warned about never betting on Guillard by a friend. He started off at -300 and then went to -400 against Lauzon. Honestly, If he came out better than -300 I would have layed so much on him. I don't want to bet on Guillard anymore except a small fun bet on 'KO in the 1st' by him for every fight he's in.
    I have never been sold on him and I bet against him to lose a lot... I let myself be talked into a bet on him when he fought Lauzon. I think I bet like 5 or 6u on him. I did hedge it with lauzon by sub, but it ruined a parlay for me. Never again. I think he could beat any LW on the planet and could lose to any Rich Clementi on the same night.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

ill be on miller as the dog. rock chin, decent wrestling, great jj, great cardio.

lines guesses? I don't think Miller will be much of a dog if at all. I expect it to be pretty even line.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Miller -140 hopefully. Miller's weakness seems to be against offensive grapplers and guys that really put the pressure on him (Bendo and Bocek).

Guillard can also just dance on the outside and potshot and win like he did vs Jeremy Stephensons lol. He probably has the wrestling and footwork to keep it standing. Im gonna stay away from Guillard's fights too.

The line should certainly be interesting considering they both lost in grand fashion last time out.
    I heart cock

I don't know that I would compare Guillards last fight to Millers. Bendo does that to EVERYONE not named Pettis while Lauzon only does what he did to english fighters and c level fighters which are kind of the same thing really.

I think the fact that Bocek hung with Bendo as well as he did speaks volumes about Bocek. i think Bocek is a very underrated fighter at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj View Post
    I think the fact that Bocek hung with Bendo as well as he did speaks volumes about Bocek. i think Bocek is a very underrated fighter at the moment.
    You should just fellate that motherfucker. It's obvious you're in love.
    I heart cock

I don't know what fight you watched but I remember Bocek getting his shit pushed in aside from some semi close submissions which can't count for much when the guy he's trying to submit happens to be un-sub-able. I had a pretty decent sized bet on Bocek and remember thinking it was all downhill from the first round.

It's been a while, but seems I remember there being one close round. But yeah, Bocek got F'd in the A.
    I heart cock

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision.jsp?id=2672

Looks like only one site had it judged in favor of Bocek, probably based on submission attempts that failed hard and left Mark in terrible positions. Everyone else had it either 30-27 or 30-28. Given that I guess you could say Bocek did better than anyone else against Bendo in the UFC but it's not saying much.

But Bendo's WEC right? Everyone knows those guys are B-level. . .
    I heart cock

BTW, as an interesting aside--and I'm not trying to name drop here, as everyone seems to think is the case when I make such a comment--but I talked to Bendo a while back and he said he trained with BJ and implied that BJ kicked his ass all around the cage.

Take it for what it's worth.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    BTW, as an interesting aside--and I'm not trying to name drop here, as everyone seems to think is the case when I make such a comment--but I talked to Bendo a while back and he said he trained with BJ and implied that BJ kicked his ass all around the cage.

Take it for what it's worth.
    That doesn't surprise Me to be honest. Depending on how far back it was it could have been when BJ was with Mironovich and in phenomenal shape. Six pack Penn would have done to plenty of guys what he did to Diego that night had they been in Sanchez' place.

Bendo was still champ, so it was before the Pettis fight.

Do you really think Marinovich had that much to do with it? Just asking, because I'm undecided. I mean, did he lose to Edgar and Diaz because he wasn't in shape? Or did he lose because he just wasn't good enough?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Bendo was still champ, so it was before the Pettis fight.

Do you really think Marinovich had that much to do with it? Just asking, because I'm undecided. I mean, did he lose to Edgar and Diaz because he wasn't in shape? Or did he lose because he just wasn't good enough?
    Well he won the first fight with Frankie in My opinion, but thats neither here nor there. He definitely lost to Diaz because of poor conditioning. He just didn't have the gas to mount any credible offense after the first round because of the rapid pace Nick pushes. He lost to Frankie the second time and I think it was because Frankie flat out wanted it more. He wanted to prove he was better and that night he was much better. He figured out the puzzle and effectively dismantled Penn. I do think Mironovich had a direct impact on BJ though. He never looked so fresh in a fourth round as he did against Florian and Sanchez. I will say BJ could have been much better his entire career if only he took it seriously and trained hard for every fight.

I really just don't know. One thing I feel confidently about though is that not everyone can have Sherk cardio just by training hard. BJ seems to do well as long as a fight is at a methodical pace and stays on the feet.

Frankie mystified him (just like Frankie did to Maynard).
    Diaz just beat the shit out of him.

I will agree that if BJ's cardio had held up in rounds 2 and 3 then he should've won against Diaz. But none of us really know how hard he trains for a fight. We just assume.
    I heart cock