Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on FX

So if you had a PS2 how do you not understand the combo system in a fighting game?
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

It's not that I don't understand the concept. I just can't seem to get them to work.

I mean, it says go quarter circle-quarter circle-punch-punch-punch and I do and nothing happens. But I just started playing the shit, so I'm sure I'll get it figured out.

BTW, it's been a while since I last even played a fighting game. I think the last games I had were Mortal Kombat 5 and Virtua Fighter 4 on the PS2. Can't remember if there was a emphasis on combos in either of those. The last game I remember where combos were a big part of it was Killer Instinct. Maybe that was it's big gift to future fighting games . . . combos.

Virtua Fighter 4 was fucking awesome, though. Are they even making new VF games? For that matter, do people even care about fighting games anymore? Seems like all anyone plays these days is WOW and first-person shooters.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    It's not that I don't understand the concept. I just can't seem to get them to work.

I mean, it says go quarter circle-quarter circle-punch-punch-punch and I do and nothing happens. But I just started playing the shit, so I'm sure I'll get it figured out.

BTW, it's been a while since I last even played a fighting game. I think the last games I had were Mortal Kombat 5 and Virtua Fighter 4 on the PS2. Can't remember if there was a emphasis on combos in either of those. The last game I remember where combos were a big part of it was Killer Instinct. Maybe that was it's big gift to future fighting games . . . combos.

Virtua Fighter 4 was fucking awesome, though. Are they even making new VF games? For that matter, do people even care about fighting games anymore? Seems like all anyone plays these days is WOW and first-person shooters.
    Fighting games now are still around. They released a Mortal Kombat just last year, and a Street Fighter this year. Plus UFC Undisputed 3 is coming out early next year. Virtua fighter 4 had combos. I used to wreck shit with that shaolin monk guy.

I have a wii, never played a ps3, xbox maybe twice...........inb4MYnegging
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Just negged everyone in here multiple times.

negged.... just negged.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

What the fuck you negging for?
    I heart cock

for being nintendo playing fags. and also talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Someone's bitter because Wii-fit didn't help. Go be fat somewhere else, fat scientist!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Someone's bitter because Wii-fit didn't help. Go be fat somewhere else, fat scientist!
    repped

post a pic, ludo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay
    repped
    Were you even present for the fat scientist thread? You don't even know what he is talking about. And the correct terminalogy is "reeped". Negged.

Fuck you.

Speaking of video games, I had this weird dream last night where this virtual reality technology had been perfected to where if you put these goggles on then it plays some trick on your brain to make you feel like you're really in the games environment. It was pretty cool. Of course, the first thing I did was say the fuck the game and start molesting various women that I ran into.
    I heart cock

Fuck you.

Speaking of video games, I had this weird dream last night where this virtual reality technology had been perfected to where if you put these goggles on then it plays some trick on your brain to make you feel like you're really in the games environment. It was pretty cool. Of course, the first thing I did was say the fuck the game and start molesting various women that I ran into.
    You watched Gamer last night didn't you?

I think eventually they will develop some sort of believable virtual reality immersion technology. It may be 20 years away, but I think it will happen.

You watched Gamer last night didn't you?
    I cannot say that I did, no.

I think eventually they will develop some sort of believable virtual reality immersion technology. It may be 20 years away, but I think it will happen.
    I've been waiting for that shit for years. I remember playing this virtual reality game with my brother at the mall about 15 years ago, and not long after that it was announced that a virtual reality thing was coming to the Atari Jaguar. I was pumped about that shit, but it never happened.

Today, it seems like we're still as far away as ever, and no one really cares.
    I heart cock

I cannot say that I did, no.

I've been waiting for that shit for years. I remember playing this virtual reality game with my brother at the mall about 15 years ago, and not long after that it was announced that a virtual reality thing was coming to the Atari Jaguar. I was pumped about that shit, but it never happened.

Today, it seems like we're still as far away as ever, and no one really cares.
    Thats because it doesn't have any practical use outside of gaming at this point. The military can't use it so they won't fund it and thats where alot of technological advances stem from.

Well the military could certainly use the kind of virtual reality that I'm envisioning. . .

And besides, gaming companies are always trying to develop new and better shit. Why not VR?
    I heart cock

Were you even present for the fat scientist thread? You don't even know what he is talking about. And the correct terminalogy is "reeped". Negged.
    Someone's still a little sensitive about his weight. And correcting my terminology while misspelling a word is laughable.

Well the military could certainly use the kind of virtual reality that I'm envisioning. . .

And besides, gaming companies are always trying to develop new and better shit. Why not VR?
    They are moving into other avenues. Like how Microsoft is developing some kind of technology where you control the game with your mind and brain power.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Someone's still a little sensitive about his weight. And correcting my terminology while misspelling a word is laughable.
    Do you realize that I am the one that posted the pic? I think you meant laughible

Yes, I know you posted the pic. You're removal of the pic and constant rebuttals to anyone who mentions it show that you may not be over it yet. Also, your grammar needs some refining. It's spelled laughable. If the root word can stand alone, then the suffix is usually -able. If not, then the suffix is usally -ible.

I found Ludo's post funny. That is the reason why i repped him.