Thread: Week 12 NFL

Week 12 NFL

NFL YTD
    Reg Season 20-16-1 (+5.82)
    NFLx 8-3 (+5.04)

Another short week for the Packers, who are playing their 3rd game in 11 days, and I am surprised at how high the spread is here. The Lions are the type of team that can play with the Packers, and have a good shot at hanging the first loss on the Packers this season. This is a Detroit team that should be able to put points on a suspect Packer defense that allowed Tampa Bay 26 points and 455 yards last week, they allow 4.73 yards a rush this year (26th in NFL) and an avg 289.3 passing yards per game (31st in NFL). The Packers rank 26th in the league in defensive success on 3rd down. Stafford should be able to move the ball downfield and put points on the scoreboard, and at home, the Lions rank #2 in the NFL in red zone TD % (70%)

The Lions have a defense that has the ability to slow down a Packers offense that has been stellar so far this year. The Lions are the best team in the NFL in defensive 3rd down success, allowing teams to convert just 28.57% of the time, and 4th in the NFL in defensive passer rating, holding opponents to an avgerage of 69.03, and 5th in the league in yards allowed at 192.8 passing yards per game. Rodgers may find that he has to settle for some FG's, in places where Green Bay has been putting up TD's. The Packers rank 2nd in the NFL in turning Redzone possessions into TD's (64.29%), however on the road, that drops to 45%, good for just 22nd in the NFL.

2* Detroit Lions +7 (-123)
    1* Detroit Lions ML +215
    “It is only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.”

I actually think this may be the one Green Bay drops here. GL man.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Similar Teams coached by brothers for tonights nitecap, both teams play great run defense and try to impose their will on their opponents, and this looks to be a great way to end a day filled with good company, good food, and good drink. The Forty Niners have been outstanding all year, and have shown the ability to play well week in and week out, including several trips to the Eastern Time Zone that often trips up players internal body clocks. Will a short week plus the travel make a difference this week? Perhaps slightly, but the late kickoff is a big help to the left coasters, and I have little doubt they will be up for this game and try to win the Harbrother Bowl for their first year Head Coach. This game should be a hard hitting, snot bubble type of game, and yards should be hard to come by. Both Teams are at the top of the league in stopping the run. San Fran is 4th allowing 3.64 yards a carry, Baltimore is first, allowing just 3.34 yards a rush (93.2yards/game), however the Ravens ranks 4th in the NFL in 3rd down defense, allowing foes conversions on just 31.91 % of the time, and the Niners have struggled getting a fresh set of downs on 3rd down, getting a first down 31.85% of the time (27th in NFL).

The Ravens edge on the defensive front should be enough to keep San Fran from running wild, and forcing them into 3rd and long situations, and forcing the Niners to try and make plays against a Baltimore pass defense that has limited opponents to a average passer rating of 68.27 (3rd in NFL), and lead the AFC with 21 takeaways. The Niners have relied on the rushing game this year, attempting the 2nd most rushes per game in the league, and if they can't get it going, it will be a long day for Alex Smith.

The Forty Niners are great against the run, however Baltimore has shown the ability to pass the ball, and San Fran gives up on average 249 yards a game (23rd in NFL). In what looks to be a defensive battle, I'll take my chances on the home side, with a more balanced offense. Niners may have the better record, but Baltimore has shown they show up for the big games this year.

2* Baltimore Ravens -3 (-128)
    “It is only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.”

BOL today Richard and Happy Turkey day! Enjoy the food, family and games!

With you on the Lions. I think they play well and cover and your ML play may hit. May be against you on the Ravens. They are just a team I cannot trust.

Thanks for all the great info. here my friend and you and the family have a great turkey day!!

2* Detroit Lions +7 (-123) LOSS
    1* Detroit Lions ML +215 LOSS
    2* Baltimore Win

1-2 (-1.46)

NFL YTD
    Reg Season 21-18-1 (+4.36)
    NFLx 8-3 (+5.04)

Sunday
    Cleveland Browns +7 (-108)

Indianapolis Colts +3 (+102)

Philadelphia Eagles +3 (+102)

BOL Richard. Hope they all come through for you

Eagles! I might be going the way though.

GL today Richard!

2 *New York Giants +7 (-103)

Last week the GMen looked horrible in losing to division rival Eagles who were with out Mike Vick, so they are down in public perception. I'll take my chances with Lil Manning and company tonight with IMO, a generous spread in what could be a great game between 2 teams fighting for playoff spots. Giants are 22-8 as a dog L30 games, 6-2 SU/ATS on Monday Night Football under HC Coughlin (2-0 SU as dogs), and have the makeup of a team that can battle the Saints.

On offense, the Giants should be able to move the ball and control the clock against a Saints defense that ranks last in the NFL, allowing 5.19 yards per rush, so the Giants should be able to have some success on early downs, and set up Eli Manning to take advantage of a Saints pass defense that ranks 20th in defensive passer rating.

The New York defense should put pressure on the Brees with their front, especially DE's Jason Pierre-Paul and Osi Umenyiora, each of whom rank in the top 10 in sacks in the NFL. The Giants also play good pass defense, ranking 8th in the NFL in defensive passer rating.

Lets go Giants !

NYG LOSS -2.06

NFL YTD
    Reg Season 22-21-1 (+1.30)
    NFLx 8-3 (+5.04)