Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 141 Bets Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Will be honest I thought Lesnar was going to win but hadn't even started researching the fight till last night .
    I started thinking about it weeks ago and I'm still not sure. What it comes down to is whether or not Brock can get the takedown, and whether or not Reem can land a big strike before that. It's really a 50/50 type fight between a wrestler and european kickboxer.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    3u to win 8.4u on Nate Diaz
    3u to win 3.45u on Brock Lesnar

5u to win 8.85u on Alexander Gustafsson/Ross Pearson/Not Hendricks by sub/Not Cerrone by sub/Overeem vs Brock doesn't start round 4
    adding:

1.55u to win 1u DHK/Pierson over 1.5 rds
    0.75u to win 1.76u on Manny Gamburyan
    1.05u to win 1u Hettes/Phan goes to decision
    0.25u to win 1.5u on Alexander Gustafsson by sub
    0.5u to win 1.02u on Johnny Hendricks
    0.5u to win 8.6u on Nate Diaz (T)KO
    0.5u to win 0.88u on Brock Lesnar (T)KO
    0.5u to win 4.79u on Brock Lesnar by sub
    1u to win 1.04u Alistair Overeem by (T)KO

0.25u to win 6.25u on Alexander Gustafsson sub of night
    0.15u to win 3.15u on Johnny Hendricks KO of the night
    0.5u to win 6.5u on Brock sub of night

^ Why do you think Gus is going to sub Janitor?
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    ^ Why do you think Gus is going to sub Janitor?
    I think he will swarm on Vladdy on the ground and latch on to a sub.. probably RNC

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I think he will swarm on Vladdy on the ground and latch on to a sub.. probably RNC
    yeah, could happen, that's why I hedged it. But Vlad has never been subbed in his long ass career in 30 something fights , despite being in there with some pretty great grapplers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I started thinking about it weeks ago and I'm still not sure. What it comes down to is whether or not Brock can get the takedown, and whether or not Reem can land a big strike before that. It's really a 50/50 type fight between a wrestler and european kickboxer.

Actually researched this fight,possibly more than any other fight this year. Brock was able to get Cain down because he was much smaller than him and even then he could not hold him down except for a few seconds.When he fought Carwin he didnt have a prayer of getting him down until he was so exhausted he was ready to fall over. Reem is even bigger than Carwin .Even though he is no where near the wrestler Shane is I think with his strength he'll be able to fend off Brock.Brock is also wild and sloppy with punches,knees,etc and I think that is going to hurt him bad against someone as technical as Reem .I think this fight is going to be a mirror image of the Cain and Carwin fights(without Carwin gassing out like an oversized Baroni) with Brock going in wild ,realizing he cant get a TD,doing his spin dance, and getting pounded out.

Brock also seems very nervous going into this fight almost like he knows it's the end of the line for him.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Lesnar 4u to win 5.2u
    Diaz 2u to win 4.7u
    Hendricks 2u to win 4.7u
    Gamburyan 1u to win 2.2u
    Riddle 1.7u to win 1u

Overeem wins KOotN, 1u to win 2.5u
    Hettes by decision, 1u to win 3.3u
    Hettes vs. Phan goes the distance, 1u to win 1.1u
    No award for SotN, 0.5u to win 4.5u

Actually researched this fight,possibly more than any other fight this year. Brock was able to get Cain down because he was much smaller than him and even then he could not hold him down except for a few seconds.When he fought Carwin he didnt have a prayer of getting him down until he was so exhausted he was ready to fall over. Reem is even bigger than Carwin .Even though he is no where near the wrestler Shane is I think with his strength he'll be able to fend off Brock.Brock is also wild and sloppy with punches,knees,etc and I think that is going to hurt him bad against someone as technical as Reem .I think this fight is going to be a mirror image of the Cain and Carwin fights(without Carwin gassing out like an oversized Baroni) with Brock going in wild ,realizing he cant get a TD,doing his spin dance, and getting pounded out.

Brock also seems very nervous going into this fight almost like he knows it's the end of the line for him.
    I hear you on the size thing. Thats why it's a question mark as to whether Brock can secure the takedown or not. If he can, he probably wins this fight once he forces Reem to tire out. If he can't, he's likely getting knocked out or dropped and then pounded out. I don't see a submission working for Reem other than maybe a guillotine but he'll be looking for the knockout all night.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Size just makes it harder for Reem to get up IMO. If he doesn't KO Brock immediately (which he definitely might), I think Brock will be getting the takedown if he can get into a clinch.

I share basically the same thoughts as you Luke... about the Cain and Carwin ones too...especially the early stages of the Carwin fight. I just think if Brock tries against the fence, Overeem is gonna get tired from defending and it will weaken his strikes. I just can't get the image of Ubereem's cardio in the Werdum fight...that was ridiculous.

thats gotta be some of the worst logic i've heard regarding mma. Size doesn't mean shit. wrestling is what nullified brock. Cain, Carwin and even Randy were all able to force a standup battle because they knew the intricacies of details that overeem will never even learn.

^^ Although luke is going get shitty with your tone, I have to agree. That said, Brock's striking is a lot worse than Reem's grappling... if it goes down, Reem can probably survive for a while. If it stays upright, Brock is dead in the water.

lol probably. Thought about saying no offense, but that post bordered on trolling. I think brock has decent standup, its just he doesnt know what to do when he takes a flush shot. He throws good hooks, straights, and the like with good power. Doesn't necessarily mean theyre technically crisp or anything but with his threat of the takedown he should be able to be effective. Plus, wasn't it just a cpl months ago that k1 werdum and his shitty standup outstruck or held his own with overeem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Plus, wasn't it just a cpl months ago that k1 werdum and his shitty standup outstruck or held his own with overeem.
    Not to mention the fact that Overeem's been knocked out quite a bit. I don't think you can rule out Brock putting Overeem's lights out with a punch.

Gustafsson/R Pearson/ Volkmann 2.8u to win 3.76u

7.05 to win 3 Phan

1 to win 2.2 Hendricks

3.225 to win 1.5 Volkman

.52 to win .5 Not gustaf itd

1.275 to win .75 castillo

1 to win 1.6 cerrone by 3 rd dec

.25 to win 1.0625 hendricks by 3 rd dec

1 to win 3 diaz/cerrone to win fotn

3.95 to win 1.66 not overeem, hendricks, cerrone by sub

4 to win 3.04 fedor, not overeem by 5 rd dec, hendricks, cerrone, njkouani by sub and hettes by tko/ko

Will probably add to hendricks and maybe phan if line keeps improving

thats gotta be some of the worst logic i've heard regarding mma.Thought about saying no offense, but that post bordered on trolling.

Preciously the reason I never waste my time giving opinions on fights .
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Brock Ko of the night 2u to win 16u
    Brock 2u to win 2.6u
    Brock sub .25u to win 2.5u
    Pierson 2u to win 6.6u
    Phan 4.35u to win 2.5u
    Volkmann 2.1u to win 1u
    Castillo 3u to win 1.8u

Size doesn't mean shit.
    I guess it was all skill that allowed Tibau to completely brutalize Caol Uno. . .
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I guess it was all skill that allowed Tibau to completely brutalize Caol Uno. . .
    Doesnt quite apply when neither guy is a wrestler.