Thread: Week 17

Week 17

NFL YTD
    Reg Season 34-25-3 (+9.80)
    NFLx 8-3 (+5.04)

Continuing to fade the Broncos and Tim Tebow in the first half, as they have led at the half only 2x this season (although 1x was in round 1 against the Chiefs in Arrowhead). Denver has much more to play for in terms of playoffs for this year, as a win and they are in, however the Chiefs have plenty of motivation here to rain on the TBow parade, Kyle Orton returns to Mile High with a chance to show the Denver faithful they backed the wrong horse, and a defense that is playing great for interm Head Coach Romeo Crennel, allowing 13.5 points per game in the 2 games since he took over against Green Bay (34.3ppg) and Oakland (22.2), and are making a case for him to be the HC for next year and beyond, Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali says he and his teammates want interim head coach Romeo Crennel to get the “interim” label taken off his title next year, saying “He treats us like men. He does expect a lot from us, but he knows what it takes.”

I am looking for the Chiefs to come out and play loose with all the pressure on the Broncos, and play the spoiler, for at least the first half.

Kansas City Chiefs 1st Half +3 (-125)
    “It is only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.”

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Last time these teams played they combined for 33 points in the first half, and I expect to see similar results this game. Drew Brees and the Saints offense need to try to light up the scoreboard early and try to get some breathing room against a Carolina team that always seems to play the Saints tough in the Superdome (10-1 ATS last 11 in New Orleans). The Saints average 20.4 ppg at home in the first half, and score touchdowns on 70.27% of their Red Zone opportunities, and they should have plenty of opportunities against the Panthers, who are horrible against the pass, 28th in Defensive Passer rating, the run, 24th in rushing yards allowed per play, and the Red Zone 27th in the NFL in Red Zone defense.

The Panthers average 18ppg in the 1st Half on the road and are the top ranked team in the NFL on the road in Red Zone offense, scoring a touchdown on 70.37% of possessions, and should have opportunities against a Saints defense that is also poor against the pass, 23rd in Defensive passer rating, the run, Saints are 28th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per play and Red Zone, New Orleans is ranked 28th in the NFL in Red Zone defense.

I like my chances of an electric 1st Half, and if I thought Brees would play the entire game, would play the over for the game as well.

OVER 27.5 Carolina/NewOrleans 1st Half (-110)

gl today chico!
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I like these plays, good luck

Panthers/Saints Over 1st H Win
    KC Chiefs 1st H Win

NFL YTD
    Reg Season 36-25-3 (+11.80)
    NFLx 8-3 (+5.04)
    “It is only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.”

Tonight we have essentially the first playoff game of the year, the winner plays next week, the loser is done for the year. Ever since the end of last weeks games, all I seem to hear is the sound of feet, running to book their bets on the Giants in this game. Romo is hurt, Giants won in Dallas, Cowboys will be trying out a new holder on FG/XP attempts, and the books have responded by not moving the number off of 3. In my biased opinion, the books could have moved the number and still recieved an uneven number of wagers on the GMen.

For the Cowboys to win, they need to control the ball and create 3rd and long for Eli.

Dallas ranks 7th in the NFL in time of possession, where as the Giants have ranked near the bottom of the league, ranking 23rd, this bodes well IMO for a Cowboys gameplan that will need to eat time off the clock and keep Eli off the field, and their defense fresh in what should be a nice battle to cap off the regualr season.

For the Giants to win, Eli Manning will have to once again put the Giants offense on his back and carry them, as the Giants have been pathetic rushing the ball this year, ranking 32nd in NFL in yards per game, and yards per rush, and do not mathup well in that area against a Dallas defense that ranks 7th in rush yards allowed/game. Eli has averaged just over 1 INT a game this year, I think he throws 2 or more this evening in a game where the ability to run, should make, or break an entire season.

Dallas Cowboys +3 (even $)

Dallas LOSS

NFL YTD
    Reg Season 36-26-3 (+10.80)
    NFLx 8-3 (+5.04)