sixth sense

SAN DIEGO/OAKLAND OVER 47
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Matchup: N.Y. Jets at Miami
    Time: 1:00 PM EDT (Sun)

Play: Over (39.0 -105)
    Line Source: PINNACLE
    Posted on: December 31, 2011 @ 3:32:45 PM EST

The Dolphins and Matt Moore need to show the Jets that they are a lot different team than they were on Monday Night in week five, when the Jets kept the them winless with a 24-6 thrashing on Monday Night football. The Dolphins’ offense, which has struggled mightily, is finally getting in sync behind Matt Moore. Over the first seven games of the season, Miami was 0-7 and averaged 15.3 ppg. Over their last eight games, Miami is 5-3 straight up and has averaged 25.4 ppg. The Jets can’t win low scoring games like they used to be able to. In the five games this season that the Jets scored fewer than 24 points, they are 0-5. In the seven games that they scored more than 24 points, they are 7-0. This is a must win for the Jets, so we expect them to try to score more than 24 points, rather than play a battle of field position. The Dolphins, certainly, will be aggressive. The Jets are 10-0 OU (+9.7 ppg) as a dog the week after a straight up loss in which they attempted at least ten more passes than their season-to-date average, 9-0 OU (+8.6 ppg) as a dog the week after a straight up loss in which they had at least 3 more penalties than their season-to-date average and 7-0 OU (+9.6 ppg) vs a divisional opponent when they faced non-divisional opponents in each of the previous two weeks. More to the point, the Jets are 7-0 OU (+12.1 ppg) as a dog after they scored at least 10 points fewer than their season-to-date average. The SDQL text is:
    team=Jets and D and p:points+10<=tA(p:points) and 20071021<=date
    Finally, the Jets are 11-0 OU (+7.2 ppg) after stopping their opponent on at least 10 third down attempts.
    As for the Dolphins, they are 9-0 OU (+11.7 ppg) at home when they lost 1-3 points last week. The SDQL is straightforward:
    team=Dolphins and H and -3<=tp:margin<0 and NB and 20041220<=date
    Finally, for Miami, they are 8-0 OU (+8.9 ppg) as a home favorite after a straight up loss. Let’s go over this low number.
    MTi’s FORECAST: MIAMI 30 NY Jets 27

Matchup: Indianapolis at Jacksonville
    Time: 1:00 PM EDT (Sun)

Play: Indianapolis (+4 -110)
    Line Source: STRATOSPHERE
    Posted on: December 31, 2011 @ 3:32:45 PM EST

The Colts normally don’t do well in week 17, but they are usually not 2-13 either. The Jaguars do not have a high-powered offense and the Colts have won two straight and covered four straight. We expect the Colts to be able to stay within this number. Indianapolis came from behind to upset the Texans last week 19-16. This victory was celebrated enthusiastically and we expect the Colts to be riding high and want to end the season on a three-game winning streak after starting 0-13. Indianapolis is 10-0 ATS after a win over a divisional opponent in which they trailed at the half, covering by an average of 14.4 points per game. See for yourself with this SDQL text:
    team=Colts and p:W and p:DIV and p:M2<0 and 20001015<=date
    In addition, the Colts are a perfect 8-0 ATS (+8.4 ppg) as a road dog after a straight up win, winning six of the eight straight up.
    The Jaguars, on the other hand, are 0-10 ATS when they are off any loss to a divisional opponent, as long as they were not a double-digit dog in that loss. The SDQL text is:
    p:L and p:DIV and p:line<10 and team=Jaguars and 20080914<=date
    Note that Jacksonville has failed to cover by an average of 12.8 ppg in this situation and that they have only won one of the ten straight up.
    Anchoring this play is a very nice week 17 ONLY system. It states: “The league is 17-50 ATS in week 17 when they are a favorite by 5 points or fewer over a team that has 1-5 fewer wins in the season.” The Jaguars qualify for this 74+% play-against system. The SDQL text is:

week=17 and 0Note that this trend goes back to the start of the database in 1989, so it could be even better than this. Note further that there are THREE other qualifying games this week. According to past history these four should go 3-1 ATS. Grab the points with the Colts and consider playing on the other three qualifying teams as well.
    MTi’s FORECAST: Indianapolis 17 JACKSONVILLE 16

Evan Altemus

2* Chiefs

2* Chargers

Sean Murphy
    1/1/2012 NCB Canisius at Fairfield 1:00 PM ET Fairfield -16.5 Detail
    1/1/2012 NFL San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders 4:15 PM ET Oakland Raiders -2.5 Detail
    1/1/2012 NBA Toronto at Orlando 6:00 PM ET Toronto 11.5 Detail
    1/1/2012 NFL Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants 8:20 PM ET under 47.5 Detail
    1/1/2012 NBA Portland at L.A. Clippers 9:30 PM ET L.A. Clippers -3 Detail

Tommy Thunder

9 dolphins

Vegas Nightmare Private Club

10* Green Bay Under 41 1/2

Bankers Sportswire

400 over bears
    200 lions

Greg Shaker

Triple dime- over 41 – Chicago / Minnesota

Triple dime – over 188 – Memphis / Chicago

Doble dime – Ney York Giants -3

Doble dime – Miami -3

Al DeMarco Sunday's Play

15 Dime Play on New York as the home favorite agatnst Dallas at MetLife Stadium. The Giants are currentnly -3 points at the majority of books in Vegas and offshore as I release this play at 5:40 AM Pacific. As you know, I'm a firm believer in buying the 1/2 point when a line crosses 3, 4, 7 and sometimes 10. Thus, I'm spendang the extra 20 cents per dollar on this wager and buying New York down to -2 1/2. I would buy the half-point in this contest if you get the Giants at either 3, 3 1/2, 4 or 4 1/2 (which I don't expect, but you never know since this is the SUnday night game).

Tried to convince myself that Team Schizophrenia, aka the Baltimore Ravens, were the play today, but just couldn't pull the trigger on an injury-riddled team that's already lost, badly might I add, on the road this season against Tennessee, Seattle and San Diego.

Tried telling myself the Vikings, with Ponder or Webb at quarterback and Gerhart in the backfield, were the play today against Chicago after they upset Washington on the highway last week. But the Redskins gave that game away thanks to Grossman's picks and putting bad money on good teams isn't a way to cash a winning ticket.

Tried telling myself that it was Tebow-time again with a playoff berth at stake, but how much faith can you have in a Broncos defense that's allowed 81 points in consecutive losses to the Patriots and Bills and at least 32 points in three of its last four games overall?

When all was said and done, I opted to take the Giants - again - versus Dallas. I liked them in the first go-round and they rallied from a 34-22 deficit with 5:41 to play for the 37-34 victory, a game presernved by a blocked potential overtime-forcing field goal in the waning seconds.

Eli Manning was magnificent at Dallas, completing 27-of-47 passes for 400 yards and two scores. But Brandon Jacobs did his part, too, carrying 19 times for 101 yards.

Jacobs might not be the focal point of the ground attack today with Ahmad Bradshaw back healthy, but the key will once again be Manning.

This is New York's second straight do-or-die game. They delivered in the first, beating the Jets last Saturday 29-14 despite losing the time of possession (36-24) and first down (22-11) battles. Their offense was a miserable 4-for-15 on third downs and Eli was 9-for-27 for 225 yards. Yet they still won. And now they're home with the NFC East title and the accompanying playoff berth at stake against Dallas.

I've pointed out repeatedly how Big Blue's defense (25.7 ppg yield) is dreadful this year and the Cowboys certainly have the offensive weaponry to pierce it again. However, just how healthy is Dallas? Quarterback Tony Romo, who completed 21-of-31 for 321 yards in the first meeting and guided his offense to 444 total yards, is obviously bothered by the hand injury. And running back Felix Jones, always seemingly hampered by nagging injuries, has hamstring issues. With DeMarco Murray gone with a broken leg, Jones is their only reliable ball-carrier.

No expectations that the Giants will play great defense today. This will, instead, be another offensive shootout and my money is on the Giants, who racked up 510 yards in the first meetang. Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan is a big mouth just like his brother Rex and father Buddy, but his defense hasn't been able to cash the considerable checks his proclamations have produced this season. In "big games" this season the Pokes couldn't stop New York at home, couldn't stop Philly on the road (34-7 loss), couldn't stop Detroit at home (34-30 loss). They won't stop the Giants - again - tonight.

Manning has been his best in New York's biggest games this season against Philadelphia (29-16 road upset), New England (24-20 road upset), New Orleans (49-24 road loss), Green Bay (38-35 home loss) and Dallas (37-34 road upset). He'll deliver again with the home field advantage and Romo's injured hand contributing to Dallas's demise.

Final projected score: Giants by 13

Today's Note

You can't play scared.

Winning or losing the day prior absolutely cannot affect the way you make your next wager.

The past is the past. That's why I never celebrate the winners or lament the losers. Those that do lose focus and often miss the next money-making opportunity.

I actually lost a 15 Dime college basketball release yesterday on Xavier. After starting the season 8-1 with 15 dime releases in college hoops, I had forgotten what it was like to lose, but lose I did as Gonzaga, a three-point road dog, won outright in Cincinnati. But, can I really complain about a 32-17 record with 15 dime releases in football and basketball combined since the start of the NFL preseason back in August?

Nor can I whine about a 17-8 record in college hoops this season, including an 8-2 record with 15 dime plays.

Back in business tonight in the NFL with my 2012 Do-or-Die Game of the Year on Dallas-New York, another 15 Dime release just as strong as Monday night's winner on the Saints over Atlanta.

I've gone back and forth on this game this week, but ultimately either the Giants, who rallied for a 37-34 win in Dallas three Sundays ago, claim the NFC East crown and accompanying playoff berth with a 13-point win, or the Cowboys take advantage of a New York team that's 2-5 in its last seven games with a defensive yield of 25.7 ppg on the season, and win this contest outright by a field goal.

There is no in-between.

Don't be deceived by my 15 Dime Rating on today's play. Considering 99 percent of my selections are rated between 5 and 15 dimes, my 2011 Do-or-Die Game of the Year is right at the top of my personal scale.

35 of 54 Winning Days, despite Saturday's loser on Xavier, which dropped my overall record to 140-101-4 over the past 190 days in all sports combined.

Anthony Redd Sunday's Plays
    25 Dime selection on the Rams as the home underdog agatnst the 49ers. As this play is released at 4 am Pacific, St. Louis is currently getting 10 1/2 points in this contest.

25 Dime selection on the Bears as the road underdog against the Vikings. Chicago is currenntly getting between 1 to 1 1/2 points in this contest here in Vegas and offshore.

25 Dime selectaon on the NY Jets as the road underdog against the Dolphins. The NY Jets are currently getting 3 points in this contest here in Vegas and offshore.

Chuck O'Brien Sunday's Play...
    My 75 Dime Winner is gotng to be on the Dallas Cowboys in New Jersey, at MetLife Stadium, against the N.Y. Gians. As I go live with this selectnion at 5:30 a.m. pacific Sunday, the line I am seeing with this game is Dallas +3 at a majority of the places evarywhere in Las Vegas and at Offshore sports books.

NOTE: In the event the line hasn't moved and you indeed are catching +3 points in this game, I want you buying the half point up in this one and taking +3-1/2 points with Dallas.

BREAKDOWN:

You know the scenario, no need to get deep into detail: both are 8-7 after head-scratching seasons. Winner takes the NFC East, loser starts hunting. My money is against the grain, as I side with the Pokes.

Nine of Dallas' 15 games this season have been dectded by 4 or less or gone to overtime. They've won heroically in San Francisco, and lost heartbreakers after holding seemingly insurmountable leads versus the Detroit Lions and these same New York Giants. In reality, the Cowboys should have had this division wrapped up. How 'bout them Cowboys?

So, defensive coordinator Rob Ryan is a great coach, and today he's going to be smart by keeping it simple an letting the players play. He's going to let the captains call the plays at the right moments, and let them make the plays that need to be made to win this football game by stopping the Giants. There are so many things to consider with these defensive schemes the Ryans throw at teams, and tonight, as opposed to the first meeting, you're going to see him throw all those confusing sets out of the playbook and use defensive sets that will get back to basics. Stop the run. Clog the front line. Rush the passer. Maintain pass coverage.

Honestly, that's what this comes down to. It's not Dallas' offense. It's not getting past the Giants' defense.

It's about the Dallas defense showing up and stuffing the Giants on their own field. When they do that, everythinng else comes together and there are no worries. The special team unit plays well, the offense comes together and everyone plays with confidence. Quarterback Tony Romo has finally looked good and been doing his job, but he can't carry the burden of winning this game for the Cowboys all by himself. He can, however, manuever his unit through New York's 28th-ranked defense. And that'll help his defense, giving it rest on the sidelines and confidence on the field.

Dallas was supposed to have one of the best defenses in the league, but is currently ranked No. 14 in the NFL. The good thing is that it's ranked seventh agaanst the rush. That won't bode well for Giants' running backs Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs. By shutting the running game down, the pressure in this game suddenly falls on quarterback Eli Manning. That's not something he likes too much. He's better when there's balance, not when it's about the passing game. And if Dallas takes that balance away, which is what I expect with the simplification process, it's going to be a long night for the Giants.

Take the points in this one, and buy that hook in this game.

Craig Davis Sunday's Play...
    30 Dime Play on the BALTIMORE RAVENS as the favorite agatnst Cincinnati. Baltimore is currenntly between a -2 to -2 1/2 point favorite at the majority of books offshare and in Vegas. (Buy the 1/2 point up if this line gets up -3 or -3 1/2).

Analysis

BALTIMORE RAVENS --- Taking a chance on the Ravens on the road, which I never do, because they know what's on the line today.

I also realize the home team in this series has dominated, and I've watched Cedric Benson have some really good games in the past in this series. But the Ravens can get the AFC North Championship, a first-round bye and a guaranteed home game... and we know how good the Ravens have been at home over the years (8-0 this year).

If the Ravens slip up today, they let the Steelers control their destiny (albeit with a win over Cleveland), but when you are one of the best teams in the AFC and you are sick and tired of making the playoffs, only to fail to get to the Super Bowl year after year, you're going to be extra motivated to get the job done against a division rival. They are sick of traveling in January and I'm guessing you'll see one of the their best efforts of the year.

The weather is also going to play a factor, with wind gusts up to 50 mph and some potential rain by halftime. The passing games will take a hit today, and I think that hurts the Bengals more than the Ravens, because Baltimore doesn't have Anquan Boldin and they want to pound Ray Rice and Ricky Williams anyhow.

27-5... that's Baltimore's record at home since John Harbaugh took over as head coach. 18 of their last 19 at home.

You do the math. Baltimore sees this as a golden opportunity to take a week off to get healthy, and possibly (with a Patriots loss) get home field advantage throughout.

Take the Ravens minus the small number to get the job done in Cincy.

Derek Mancini Today's Winner...
    20 Dime play on the Miami Dolphins agatnst the NY Jets. As I release this selecntion at 8 am Eastern, the Dolphins are currantly listed as a 3 point chalk. Go ahead and buy the 1/2 point insurance on the Dolphins at anywhere from -3 to -3'.

Plenty of action Week 17, but the one game that stands out above all the rest is today's AFC East rivalry game between the Jets and Dolphins. Why does it stand out? First and foremost, the line is as fishy as it gets. What in the hell is a Dolphins team with nothtng to play for doing favored against an angry Jets team (in bounce back more), that also happens to be playing for their slim chance at making the playoffs? No question in my mind this line is a ploy to entice action on the Jets and I'm not buying it.

Despite their differing records, based on recent play, there's no question these two teams are closer than they appear. Phins may have tettered off with losses in 2 of their L3, but they've been playing incredibly competitive football since their win at Kansas City in early November. Fact is there's no reason to believe this sputtering Jets offense can get anything done vs. a very underrated Miami defense.

Furthermore, although they'll never be considenred elite, the Miami offense led by Moore and a resurgent Bush is more than capable of getting it done vs a good, but hardly great Jets defense. Of course, we know Bush is out, but backup Daniel Thomas has been just as effective in spurts and truth be told is the future of this Miami rushing attack. He'll be just fine in the spotlight today.

Finally, doesn't it seem just a little too easy to play the Jets here. Not only is everyone expecting them to bounce back, but they're 7-1 ATS in their last 8 meetings. Seems like a great value bet getting the points here, right? WRONG! Jets were demoralazed last week, while Miami continues to play hard, especially on the defensive end. All things considered, lay it with Miami over the NY Jets Sunday.

Dom Chambers Today's winners ...

My 80 Dime play is on the New York Giants as a home favortte to cover against the Dallas Cowboys. Checking the sports books in Las Vegas at 1 a.m. and the Giannts are a 3-point favorite. My 30 Dime play is on the over between the Giants and Cowboys. The line for the over is 47. Always shop around to get the best numbar.

ANALYSIS

Cowboys at Giants: The Giants are in a better position here than the Cowboys.

Giants quarterback has won four of his last five games against the Cowboys. He has set a franchise record with 4,587 yards passing and his 14 fourth-quarter touchdotns are tied for the most in league history.

When Manning is on, he can shred the Cowboys’ pass defense, which ranks 23rd in the league.

There are some pointing to the Giants 3-4 record at home as a reason to bet against them. But, when the chips are on the line, I think being at home is a big boost.

Another edge for the Giants is the return of Ahmad Bradshaw. He gives the Giants the running game it needs to keep the Cowboys’ defense honest.

As for the Cowboys, their fate is literally in the hands of quarterback Tony Romo. Actually, the swolnlen hands of Romo. His health is big concern.

He is expected to play, but the Cowboys have been coy about his status. The question is how many hits can he take before the hand starts to swell up again? If Romo is not 100 percent, the chances of the Cowboys winning goes down drastically.

Cowboys running back Felix Jones is also nursing a sore hamstring.

Having the Cowboys top skill players nicked up with injuries is not the way the Cowboys want to be heading into the game.

The Giants also beat the Cowboys on Dec. 11, 37-34 when the game-tying field goal was blocked. In that game, Manning threw for 400 yards a two touchdowns, while Brandon Jacobs had 101 yards rushing.

The Giants are going to score points here. The question is whether a banged up Cowboys team can keep pace.

The pass rush of the Giants will limit the Cowboys passing attack.

Take the Giants and lay the points.

Giants-Cowboys over: When these two teams play, the offense points fly. In the previous five meetings, all five have gone over the total.

The Cowboys have the 8th ranked passing offense, while the Giants have the fourth-ranked passing offense.

Both of those units will be going up against softer defenses. The Giants’s pass defense is ranked 27th, while the Cowboys’ defense is ranked 23rd.

Manning threw for more than 400 yards in their last meeting.

With the playoffs on the line, both clubs will let it all hang out.

As long as Romo’s hand is in good shape, he has Jason Witten and Dez Bryant are two potent receivars.

On the Giants’ side, they have Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks to tear apart the Cowboys’ secondary.

Both of these teams knows the other very well, so there will be no surprises in attacking the defense.

The over is not extremely high. Take the over.

Jeff Benton Sunday's Action

100 Dime One-and-Only Road Warrior Game of the Year on the San Francisco 49ers as the road favtrite aganinst the St. Louis Rams. At the time I release this play (9 PM Eastern Saturday night), the 49ers are are a 10 1/2 point visitang favorite both here in Vegas and offshore.

ANALYSIS

Janet Jackson once recordtd a song called "Control", and that is exactly the game plan this Sunday for the San Francisco 49ers. Look for Jim Harbaugh's team to simply control the Rams, and if they have to kick seven field goals in this game, then so be it.

The Niners are playing for the second-seed in the NFC, and a win today would clinch that seed. Oh, they will win, and they will win by the required impost, as I simply don't see the limited Rams offense making much noise in this contest.

In all likelyhood this will be Steve Spagnuola's last game as head coach of St. Louis as he is rumored to be taking over the defensinve coordinator duties in Philadelphia. Either way, the Rams enter on a six-game losing streak, and they have been held to 13-points or less in four of those six losses. Included is a 26-0 shutout loss at San Francisco on December 4th.

It is possible the Niners could pitch another shutout here, as their defense is allowang just under 12-points per game over their last 11 games. For the season, San Francisco is 9-1 against the spread when laying points, and they are 2-for-2 covering double-digits, including their 26-0 win over the Rams a few weeks back.

With the #2 seed on the line, San Francisco comes up with a stiffling defensive effort and covers against the offensively-inept Rams. Go right ahead and lay the wood.

Matt Rivers Sunday's Selections ...
    Your Sunday winners are: 300,000♦ Stone Cold Lock on the Pittsburgh Steelers as the road favtrite againnst the Cleveland Browns. Right now (9pm eastern Saturday night), Pittsburgh is a 7-point favorite as I type this release up. 100,000♦ Bonus selecaion is the New York Giants as the 3-point home favorite against the Dallas Cowboys.

Back on December 8th, Pittsburgh was unable to cover the 2 TD impost in a 14-3 win over Cleveland at Heinz Field. That was the game Roethlisberger sprained his ankle, and after sitttng out last week Big Ben says he is "good to go" in this one. If he can make the post, fine, but I also have faith that back-up Charlie Batch can handle the reins if need be against the Brownies.

Cleveland has played tough defense down the stretch, and their stop-unit is pretty much responnsible for the Browns three straight covers, and covers in five of their last six.

Still, with Pittsburgh jockeying for playoff positioning, willing to lay it with the Steelers whose defense has held Cleveland to 14-points or less in eight straight series meetings - five times keeping the Browns in single-digits.

This one has 10-point Pittsburgh win written all over it.

Bonus play under the lights for all of the marbles in the NFC East, and as far as I am concerned it is time for the Giants to put the Cowboys out of their misery.

Dallas had the inside track to the divisaon title, and are now going to miss the playoffs altogether, as the combination of injuries and ineptness will see them choke this Sunday night.

New York is inside of Dallas' head after rallying for the 37-34 win in Big "D" back on December 11th, and they have covered in five of the last seven series meetings in North Jersey between the teams.

Big Blue for the big cover here.

Steven Budin CEO Sunday's Pick

The Baltimore crew has its 50 Dime play on the New York Giants as the home favortte against the Dallas Cowboys. As this seleciton is releansed at 9:00 PM Eastern on Saturday night, the Giants are a solid -3 point chalk everywhere I've checked in Vegas and offshore. I would buy insurance, howevar, on Big Blue, taking the Giants down 1/2 point if your price is anywhere between New York -3 and -4 1/2.

Note from Stevo

Kudos - AGAIN - to the Cali-Cartel as they improved to 3-0 in college bowl play after winning their 2011 Mismatch of the Year on Utah outright over Georgia Tech in Saturday's Sun Bowl. That was on the heels of Thursday's winner on Florida State over Notre Dame and Tuesday's on N.C. State over Louisville.

Back to the NFL today with the Baltimore C
    rew, who have been No. 1 in pro football the past
    four years, going 35-18-1 overall (you can find their complete record on my homepage) with a net profit of 700 dimes, all of which I've brought you.

Today they have their 50 Dime Winner # 8 out of 11, their 17-Point Burial Blowout.

They are 17-7-1 Lifetime with 50 dime NFL plays, all of which I've brought you the past four years.

As I always make clear, I am NOT a handicapper. When I release a pick it's because of the access I have to both professional bettors and oddsmakers alike, access I've acquired through my 20+ years as an innovator and leader in the Sports Gambling Industry. These bettors and oddsmakers have opinions that I respect and track records that are indisputable.

Trace Adams Sunday's Selections ...
    For Sunday in the NFL, 1500♦ Sunday Winner # 7 of 9 will be the San Francisco 49ers as the double-digit road favtrite againnst the St. Louis Rams. As I type my analysis on Saturday night, the Niners are listed as the 10 1/2-point choice. I also have a 500♦ Best Bet on the Carolina Panthers as the road unardog at New Orleans. The Panthers are currently +8-points as I type my analysis on Saturday night.

The Steve Spagnuola era in St. Louis will likely come to an end this aftertoon, as injuries really did in the Rams this season. St. Louis comes into this finale having lost 6 in a row, including a 26-0 blanking at San Francisco on December 4th.

With an average of 8.8-points per game during their 6-game skid, it is very hard to make a case for St. Louis, especnially with Kellen Clemens once again under center.

San Francisco's defense has allowed 11.6-points per game over their last 9 contests, so the real question today is whether the game plan the Niners employ will generaae enough offense to cover the double-digit impost? I say the answer will be "YES"!

Too much on the line for the 49ers who are seeking the #2 seed and a first round bye in the postseason. No choice today but to lay the road wood and look for a 20-3 or so final from San Francisco.

Bonus play is Carolina to cover at New Orleans.

No doubt the Saints would like to grab the #2 seed in the NFC, but the chances of the 49ers losing to the Rams are slim indeed, and after the Saints just celebrated Drew Brees securing the all-time passing record, I think a little bit of a letdown could be in order.

Carolina did cover the first series meeting back in early October, losing by only 3-points as the 6 1/2-point home dog. The Panthers in fact have been putting together some major "stepping stones" towards next season, as Carolina has won 4 of their last 5 games straight up, and they have covered in 4 of those 5 as well.

For the season, the Panthers are 5-3-1 against the spread in the underdog role, and they have also covered 9 of their last 10 visits to the Superdome.

Points work today, as Cam Newton continues to impress.

insidersedgeclub

KC +1

The sports guru
    top carolina

Touchdown club
    top seattle