Page 14 of 235 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

"Sources connected with the production tell TMZ ... the folks behind the movie didn't like the way Carano sounded when they filmed the flick ... so they changed it in post. It's unclear if they used fancy electronics to alter Gina's vocal quality, or whether they dubbed in another female voice."

BOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gina's voice in the movie isn't even Gina's
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Eh, they probably just changed the pitch a bit or something.
    I heart cock

Hey Scientist, would you have any trouble holding transferring your rank in BJJ if you switched to a totally different school in another state? What if it had been 6 years since you last trained?

I'm just wondering if I should try to hold onto my yellow if I sign up at this judo school or if I should just say fuck it and start back over.
    I heart cock

Start over. It will be an easier transition starting as a white belt

Fuck it, I'm going back to a ~50 unit bankroll.

1u = $25

Woohoo! Finally have enough to move up legitimately.
    Last edited by SPX; 01-11-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Start over. It will be an easier transition starting as a white belt
    Yeah, probably. But damn, I don't want to have to throw away all that work I put into getting to yellow.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Hey Scientist, would you have any trouble holding transferring your rank in BJJ if you switched to a totally different school in another state? What if it had been 6 years since you last trained?

I'm just wondering if I should try to hold onto my yellow if I sign up at this judo school or if I should just say fuck it and start back over.
    In bjj, your rank stays with you (as long as you can verify its lineage). But if I were you (a yellow belt in judo), I would show up ready to wear a white belt, and you might just ask the instructor. It is a little different between judo in bjj, but yes, your rank is supposed to stay with you.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Yeah, probably. But damn, I don't want to have to throw away all that work I put into getting to yellow.
    srsly? Noy knocking your yellow belt, but its not like you spent years of dedicated training to get there. Dan in judo really just means you are a student now and are ready to start learning judo. If you go in all worried about your yellow belt, you are going to put a bullseye on your gi.

I trained judo for a while, but my experience was not great. I like it a lot more now because we do judo from the bjj perspective, but without all the bs.
    Last edited by MMA_scientist; 01-11-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    In bjj, your rank stays with you (as long as you can verify its lineage). But if I were you (a yellow belt in judo), I would show up ready to wear a white belt, and you might just ask the instructor. It is a little different between judo in bjj, but yes, your rank is supposed to stay with you.
    I'm taking my white with me, but the real question is whether I should even bring it up or just say fuck it.

srsly?
    When I was involved in the ATA TKD organization as a kid, it was 2 months between belts, with 10 belts, so only 2 years to black. I have since learned that almost no one else promotes that fast (even other TKD orgs), but that inexperience has forever been the standard etched into my mind, so training for 6 months just to get from white to yellow seemed like a significant accomplishment.
    I heart cock

In other news, I thought I might get my brown belt later this year, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen since I still haven't scheduled my surgery. I was hoping it would just heal on its own, but it doesn't look like that little miracle of medicine is going to occur. I am going to train tomorrow and just see bad I am as a 1 armed man. I might just live my life like this, I don't think I can stomach sitting out six months.
    Last edited by MMA_scientist; 01-11-2012 at 02:51 PM.

I'm taking my white with me, but the real question is whether I should even bring it up or just say fuck it.

When I was involved in the ATA TKD organization as a kid, it was 2 months between belts, with 10 belts, so only 2 years to black. I have since learned that almost no one else promotes that fast (even other TKD orgs), but that inexperience has forever been the standard etched into my mind, so training for 6 months just to get from white to yellow seemed like a significant accomplishment.

If you are concerned about it (the work), I would just say when you get there "I am a yellow belt in judo, but I haven't trained in a long time, so I didn't know if I should wear my yellow belt or not." No one is going to care about that.

In BJJ, your rank is a lot easier to verify. Even a purple belt can be easily tracked down to see if it is legitimate. It is seen as an insult to your previous instructor if the rank is not respected. Pretty sure it is the same way in judo, but rank has a different meaning in jdo vs. bjj.

If you are concerned about it (the work), I would just say when you get there "I am a yellow belt in judo, but I haven't trained in a long time, so I didn't know if I should wear my yellow belt or not." No one is going to care about that.
    I'm not overly concerned about it. It was 6 months of work, but still only 6 months. If it was like a year and a half or something then I'd be a little more concerned.

In BJJ, your rank is a lot easier to verify. Even a purple belt can be easily tracked down to see if it is legitimate. It is seen as an insult to your previous instructor if the rank is not respected. Pretty sure it is the same way in judo, but rank has a different meaning in judo vs. bjj.
    I think with judo you can register your rank with the USJF if you're a member, or something along those lines, but I believe you have to pay for it.
    I heart cock

Fuck it, I'm going back to a ~50 unit bankroll.

1u = $25

Woohoo! Finally have enough to move up legitimately.
    Wait, what were you at before?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Wait, what were you at before?
    Guess you missed it.

I went up to $40 for a minute, but that only gave me about 30 units total. Fuck that. Too scared to bet anything. But I won enough by the end of the year to go up to $25 and still have 50u.
    I heart cock

This is why ground work can be risky in a self-defense situation. . .

I heart cock

Guess you missed it.

I went up to $40 for a minute, but that only gave me about 30 units total. Fuck that. Too scared to bet anything. But I won enough by the end of the year to go up to $25 and still have 50u.
    Yeah ,I missed that.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Well now you know. The only bet I could bring myself to make @ $40 was Vitor.
    I heart cock

Okay,got ya.

BTW, it's 2012 you can update you sig now.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

lol at that vid. I hope when he wakes up, he beats the shit out of that bitch. I can't stand it when women hit men or provoke them to fight with the security that they won't get hit back. I am a gentleman for the most part, but if some lady every tried to hit me or something, I would punch her dead in the mouth.

I am a gentleman for the most part, but if some lady every tried to hit me or something, I would punch her dead in the mouth.

+1
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP