Page 51 of 235 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 4684

Thread: 2012 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Have you looked at the Devon Alexander fight yet for this weekend?

Not really,but I will on Friday.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Speaking of boxing..............inb4 negging:

Carl Froch admits to extending fights in order to help family and friends win bets

Carl Froch, the former World Boxing Council super-middleweight *champion, became the latest British fighter to become embroiled in *controversy after apparently admitting yesterday that he had deliberately eased up in a fight to enable his friends and family to win bets.

Froch faces a disciplinary hearing at the British Boxing Board of Control over his revelations, which he made in an interview with the BBC *at the weekend. He later insisted that it had been a “throwaway comment”. Froch could be suspended from the sport if he is found guilty of rule-breaking.

The 34 year-old said that he spared Ruben Groenewald from a knockout for one round in his Commonwealth title defence in 2005 so that his “brothers and friends” could profit from a fifth-round victory.

Froch said: “I’ve done it on more than one occasion. But that’s not *illegal. I can say, 'right, I will stop this kid in round five’. If I am good enough to do that then fair enough. I don’t gamble but my brothers and my friends, they did quite well off it.

“I can openly say that, because if I’m good enough to step on the gas in round five and force the stoppage then that’s my privilege, and that’s what I did in this particular fight for the Commonwealth title defence. But the problem with that is I held him up in round four. He was there for the taking and I held him up.”

Robert Smith, the secretary of the board, *confirmed that he had spoken to Froch yesterday and a disciplinary hearing is likely to be scheduled at which the boxer will appear in front of the board.

“I have my hands full with another matter today, which everyone is well aware of, but we will be investigating this matter,” Smith said. “It has come out now, and it has new legs because of the case involving the Pakistan cricketers.
    “The story comes from two years ago in his book [when the board took no action] , and I have warned him with regard to what the board will do. I will be reporting the matter to the full board and it will be dealt with accordingly.”
    Froch claimed yesterday that he had been making “throwaway remarks”. He said: “When good fighters fight, they often make predictions. It’s all part of the media hype beforehand.
    “On that particular occasion I made a prediction that I would win the fight in a certain round. But the comments made about prolonging the fight were a throwaway comment that, in hindsight, I shouldn’t have said.
    “I shouldn’t have said that because I have never done that. It’s too *dangerous to try and attempt to do that in a fight.
    “My brother might have had £5 on it, and I think he lost [on other bets] as well. He has not done very well out of my career, gambling-wise.”

Thank god I've never bet a Froch distance bet.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

First off, why didn't you just post that in the boxing thread?

Second, is Froch such a fucking retard that he thought it was okay to make a comment like that and not get heat for it?
    I heart cock

Anyone seen that movie Single White Female?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Speaking of boxing..............inb4 negging:

Thank god I've never bet a Froch distance bet.
    Just reeped you, meant to neg you. I suck at the internet.

Good read btw. Im sure that shit happens a lot more then we realize though.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I'm not sure how that relates to my point about Leben being the only person who ever said, "Yeah, I did it. Whoops." But okay.
    I respect Leben for just admitting it. Some guys just don't say anything or release a statement and that is the end of it... Nate just rubbed me the wrong way the way he denied it so fervently. I remember seeing him on Inside MMA a few years back and he was pulling ethics into it "I would never do that, blah blah" then he even pulled Jesus into it. He would have denied it to the day he died. Then he gets busted again. I prefer a guy like Leben who just admits it, says he screwed up and moves on. I can be a fan of a guy like that (I am not, in this case though).

The only guy that has denied it more than Nate is maaaybe Sherk. But Sherk never tried to pull Jesus into it and act like he was just morally above that sort of thing... he just denies he did it and his beef is with the AC.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I think Woodley/Marq is a close fight. Woodley is probably going to have trouble keeping him down.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Big Nog is stupid

"Americans have a rivalry with Brazilians, that is obvious. And why is that? It’s because the UFC has three hundred fighters under contract, and from those three hundred fighters we are fifty. The Brazilians are fifty, and we have more belts than they do."
    "So from three hundred we are fifty, and with those fifty we get there and take care of business. They win (more) because they have more (people), they have a bigger infrastructure inside their gyms, they have support for the sport since they’re kids. But the sport is growing in Brazil and I believe that..."
    "They look at us with (malicious) eyes, let’s say it like that. If you’re going to fight an American in the US you have to win the fight with emphasis because otherwise… You can’t win it by a thin margin."

BOL.

Brazilians win close decisions all the time.

And apparently Nog can't count.

HW - Brazil
    LHW - US
    MW - Brazil
    WW - Canada, US
    LW - US
    FW - Brazil
    BW - US

. . . the US is also about to take the flyweight belt, too.
    I heart cock

New Spiderman trailer. Thoughts?

I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I respect Leben for just admitting it. Some guys just don't say anything or release a statement and that is the end of it... Nate just rubbed me the wrong way the way he denied it so fervently. I remember seeing him on Inside MMA a few years back and he was pulling ethics into it "I would never do that, blah blah" then he even pulled Jesus into it. He would have denied it to the day he died. Then he gets busted again. I prefer a guy like Leben who just admits it, says he screwed up and moves on. I can be a fan of a guy like that (I am not, in this case though).
    Pretty much my thoughts.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

New Spiderman trailer. Thoughts?

Think Tobey Maguire looks a bit different in this one .Can't quite put my finger on what's different about him though.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Think Tobey Maguire looks a bit different in this one .Can't quite put my finger on what's different about him though.
    BOL.
    I heart cock

I've seen all the Spiderman's so will probably watch this one ,eventually.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I have a thought.

Why?

The first one with Tobey Maguire was not even 10 years ago.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Probably because Maguire said fuck it and they thought that series of films should stand on their own. I don't think it's the worst idea. This film obviously has a very different tone and is coming from a different place creatively, so it makes sense in my mind.

BTW, you also know they're rebooting Superman even though that shit with Kevin Spacey wasn't 10 years either too, right?
    I heart cock

Anyone here seen Fatal Attraction?

I'm watching it now for the first time, so no spoilers. . .
    I heart cock

Anyone here seen Fatal Attraction?

I'm watching it now for the first time, so no spoilers. . .
    The damn rabbit dies......................bahahahaha!!!!!!
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Dude, you didn't even know about Beetlejuice. I for damn sure don't believe you have actually seen Fatal Attraction.
    I heart cock

Probably because Maguire said fuck it and they thought that series of films should stand on their own. I don't think it's the worst idea. This film obviously has a very different tone and is coming from a different place creatively, so it makes sense in my mind.

BTW, you also know they're rebooting Superman even though that shit with Kevin Spacey wasn't 10 years either too, right?
    Maguire made like 30-40 million for the 3rd movie.............there is no reason alive to turn down that kind of money when you suck otherwise as an actor.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP