Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on Fuel TV 2 in Sweden April 14th

UFC on Fuel TV 2 in Sweden April 14th

I have a feeling we will see a Gustafsson/Bonnar co main or main event.

looks like a solid undercard so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    looks like a solid undercard so far.
    BULZ
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

^^ is that sarcasm? There are not many people who know all the fighters like we do around here, and I only recognize a handful of those people, and not one of them is a relevant fight for the division (except that Stann could lose his fringe contender status with a loss).
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Stann/Sakara? I hadn't heard anything about this. Stann is gonna KILL that motherfucker.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    ^^ is that sarcasm? There are not many people who know all the fighters like we do around here, and I only recognize a handful of those people, and not one of them is a relevant fight for the division (except that Stann could lose his fringe contender status with a loss).
    Well to be fair, there was a time when we were all like Jose Aldo/Jon Jones/Alexander Gustaffson etc.? Who the fuck is THAT?! And bitching about how weak the card looked because we hadn't heard those names.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Well to be fair, there was a time when we were all like Jose Aldo/Jon Jones/Alexander Gustaffson etc.? Who the fuck is THAT?! And bitching about how weak the card looked because we hadn't heard those names.
    I have no problem with putting relative unknowns on the card, they have to build stars. But i just expect there to be a mix of established names in there too. So far, Brian Stann is the biggest draw on the card. Stann is a midcarder at best, probably should be an undercarder based on his actual ability
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Papy Abedi is probably going to kill James Head. Head is good at jitz though.

Lil' Nog's going to sleep.
    I heart cock

Lil' Nog's going to sleep.
    Yeah probably, but I'm not sure. I have a feeling Lil Nog's boxing is a little overrated and I don't think he has the takedowns to make this a grappling match. Gustafsson probably picks him apart here. Would be nice if this opened up close to even

From my own personal perspective gustaffson should pick nog apart. On paper, nogs boxing creds are much better. I do remember seeing nog outstriking shogun in pride though. Gustaffson should have some big reach though.

I don't regard much of anything that happened in Pride as being very relevant on how a fighter is likely to perform today.

Go back and watch those fights and it's clear that those guys are just different fighters today. Shogun's not the same Shogun, Fedor's not the same Fedor, Big Nog isn't the same Big Nog, etc. . .
    I heart cock

This fight will definitely show us if Gustafsson is a serious contender or not. I can't wait for this fight. So with this fight made, I will assume the next big LHW fight will be Shogun/Thiago Silva? There is really nobody else unless they match Shogun up with Bonnar.

I don't regard much of anything that happened in Pride as being very relevant on how a fighter is likely to perform today.

Go back and watch those fights and it's clear that those guys are just different fighters today. Shogun's not the same Shogun, Fedor's not the same Fedor, Big Nog isn't the same Big Nog, etc. . .
    I disagree. Shogun was wild so he has many injuries that plague him now. Fedor isn't that bad he is just a little old and faced a large step up in competition from his pride days. Big nog is also facing a step up in addition to being very battle worn. Lil nog doesn't seem to be battle worn and he was always good.

Status Date Championship Weight Location
    Winner 2006 Brazilian Championship Super Heavyweight Brazil
    Winner 2006 South American Championship Super Heavyweight Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Winner 2007 Brazilian Championship Super Heavyweight Brazil
    3rd 2007 XV Pan American Games Super Heavyweight Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I don't know how tough the south american boxing circuits are but he is pretty accomplished within them.

I actually think Gus could take Nog down if he chooses to. In fact, I think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj View Post
    I actually think Gus could take Nog down if he chooses to. In fact, I think he will.
    This crossed my mind as well

Also on "UFC Tonight" and Twitter, Helwani gave some interesting insight into how Tuesday's main event announcement of Alexander Gustafsson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira came together. According to Helwani, Dana White originally offered Nogueira to Dan Henderson but Hendo turned the fight down. The plan was that if Rashad Evans defeated Phil Davis at UFC On Fox 2, he would get the next shot at current champion Jon Jones with the Hendo/Nogueira winner being next in line for a title shot. Helwani said Henderson's next fight is in limbo as a result.

WTF would Hendo take a fight with Lil Nog? That's like 5 steps backwards after fighting Shogun. And why would Lil Nog even be in a #1 contenders fight after going 1-2 in his last 3 fights.................gay

Just give Hendo Bones Jones if he wants him .
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP