Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on Fox 3, May 5th

^^where the hell have you been?!?!

Vemola before his upcoming debut @ 185:

Recent pic for his upcoming 185 debut:

Very interesting, tangible evidence of what some fat loss can due to your physique. He went from being firm and muscular, but not overly defined, to fucking ripped.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I saw him in an elevator at UFC 145, he looked fine. He is ducking the LW division imo
    Didn't look like there was anything wrong with GSP when he was cornering Rory that night, he must be faking it.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

^^where the hell have you been?!?!
    I cashed out then lost the rest of my roll on Rampage. Lack of UFC action plus been real busy. I'm gonna throw a couple units in soon though I'm getting motivated again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Didn't look like there was anything wrong with GSP when he was cornering Rory that night, he must be faking it.
    I didn't see the broadcast, but did he look bigger to you on the TV? In person, from the distance I was at, he looked pretty large. At least 200 lbs, maybe a bit more.

I didn't see the broadcast, but did he look bigger to you on the TV? In person, from the distance I was at, he looked pretty large. At least 200 lbs, maybe a bit more.
    He did look pretty big, but I wasn't surprised by how he looked if that's what you mean. He's always pretty big for a guy who fights at 170lbs.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Big but . . . always seems kind of on the thin side to me. I guess it's his build, I dunno.
    I heart cock

FOTN Gaudinot/Lineker SOTN Diaz KOTN Lavar - 65K to each.

Dana says Diaz will wait for the title shot. He had the option to fight Pettis first if he wanted to stay busy but it was never mandated.
    Nice. I think Bendo would beat Diaz easier than Frankie would

Post event thoughts...

-Wow was diaz impressive. Showed some defensive wrestling, worked miller over standing, finished a guy I didn't really think could be finished (especially by diaz), just an overall great performance.

- Hendricks looked bad yesterday. His striking was sloppy, his scrambling ability and/or ability to get off his back is bad, and I thought he probably should have lost the fight. He lost the first, won second, and I would have scored the third a draw. Supposedly he had mono and bronchitis a couple weeks ago so mayb that explains his poor performance.

- Palhares is weird. Showed almost no defensive concern off his back, no urgency once he got cracked, his guard wasn't as good as an elite level bb should be.

- Johnson has become adept at walking his opponent down and pinning him along the fence. He is god awful on the ground tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    - Hendricks looked bad yesterday. His striking was sloppy, his scrambling ability and/or ability to get off his back is bad, and I thought he probably should have lost the fight. He lost the first, won second, and I would have scored the third a draw.
    I had money on Hendricks, but really thought Kos won the first and third clearly.
    I heart cock

What REALLY needs to be said here:

Alan Fucking Belcher!!!
    I heart cock

When Hendricks and Pierce fought, their wrestling mostly canceled and they fought a close striking match that ended in a split decision, but could have gone either way.

When Koscheck and Pierce fought, their wrestling mostly canceled and they fought a close striking match that ended in a split decision, but could have gone either way.

And in what should have been a surprise to no-one:

When Hendricks and Koscheck fought, their wrestling mostly canceled and they fought a close striking match that ended in a split decision, but could have gone either way.

I don't think I've ever seen three fighters signal, "We're nearly interchangeable." in such a clear way. If there's any other take-away message from this, it's that Hendricks has the potential to be a little overrated now and Pierce underrated, but we'll have to see what their future odds look like.

Also, I've decided that Rogan and Goldie are a live-bettor's best friend. When they call a round wrong, it clearly influences the bettors, resulting in some insanely profitable live odds. This happened with Diaz / Condit and again with Koscheck / Hendricks last night. Hendricks was up to +600 at the end (albeit extremely briefly).

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    What REALLY needs to be said here:

Alan Fucking Belcher!!!
    Agreed. All the discussion is centered around Palhares chin or his porous guard, when in all actuality, Belcher took Palhares' best, played his game, then instead of standing up and running away when he had the chance, jumped in his guard and beat his fucking brains into the mat.

Awesome.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I'm never too surprised when a bjj black belt is able to defend submissions. What is surprising is that he was able to reach a TKO within about 30 seconds of gaining top position.

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Agreed. All the discussion is centered around Palhares chin or his porous guard, when in all actuality, Belcher took Palhares' best, played his game, then instead of standing up and running away when he had the chance, jumped in his guard and beat his fucking brains into the mat.

Awesome.

It was fucking bad ass. I went into that fight really wanting Belcher to win but really expecting him not to. When the fight was stopped, I was like HELL FUCKING YEAH! (Though sad for Luke's bet. . .)

BTW, apparently Belcher has an MMA school right outside of Biloxi. It's been a while since I've really spent any time in MS and I would considering going down there for a few months to train if Belcher actually teaches the classes.

www.alanbelchermmaclub.com
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    I'm never too surprised when a bjj black belt is able to defend submissions. What is surprising is that he was able to reach a TKO within about 30 seconds of gaining top position.
    That shit was pretty awesome. I've noticed that Belcher has a very deliberate method of striking when he's on top. He doesn't just go batshit, but instead picks his punches in a way that the majority actually land on his opponent's face. We saw this in the J-Mac fight, too.

He apparently has a lot of power. He made J-Mac give up due to the sheer force of his punches and elbows. He TKOd Palhares from within guard. He also knocked out Gouveia.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    It was fucking bad ass. I went into that fight really wanting Belcher to win but really expecting him not to. When the fight was stopped, I was like HELL FUCKING YEAH! (Though sad for Luke's bet. . .)

BTW, apparently Belcher has an MMA school right outside of Biloxi. It's been a while since I've really spent any time in MS and I would considering going down there for a few months to train if Belcher actually teaches the classes.

www.alanbelchermmaclub.com
    Yeah I drove by it the other day. There were a bunch of queers in the window rolling around.

They showed his fight on the news here and him arriving at the airport to fanfare. They even showed the replay 2 or 3 times which I was quite surprised at, given the sheer violence of the finish.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I thought you were in Louisiana now?
    I heart cock