Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 148 Sonnen vs Silva II

Anyone think Le is a good dog play at +265?

I'd actually be tempted to play Bisping at those odds. He almost never gets knocked out and should be much better technically than Boetsch. Then again . . . Okami was all that shit, too.

Forrest should win, but I'm not taking him at -295.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post

I'd actually be tempted to play Bisping at those odds. He almost never gets knocked out and should be much better technically than Boetsch. Then again . . . Okami was all that shit, too.

Forrest should win, but I'm not taking him at -295.
    Boetsch gets 30-27'd here, just like he was going to last time around before Yushin's brain shut off between the second and third rounds. I would stay far away from Le here. He's never fought anyone as well rounded as Franklin, and he's never beat anyone who was as scrappy as Franklin who wasn't over the hill. I'm not convinced Forest wants to be a professional fighter anymore. He was talking about how his whole life has changed before the Shogun fight that he got blown out in under 3 minutes in. Even against Tito I don't know if Forest who doesn't care about fighting can pull it out, and certainly not for that price.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I would stay far away from Le here. He's never fought anyone as well rounded as Franklin, and he's never beat anyone who was as scrappy as Franklin who wasn't over the hill.
    I figure Franklin will win, but if you look at Franklin's past several fights, he really hasn't been doing great. He fought a really close fight with Wandy, got killed by Belfort, was getting beat by Liddell before the KO, and got dominated by Griffin. If Cung's cardio is under control, I could see him taking it.

I'm not convinced Forest wants to be a professional fighter anymore. He was talking about how his whole life has changed before the Shogun fight that he got blown out in under 3 minutes in. Even against Tito I don't know if Forest who doesn't care about fighting can pull it out, and certainly not for that price.
    Whole life had changed how, I wonder?

And yes, Forrest got blown out by Shogun, but right before that he beat Franklin easily. And before that he beat Tito via what should've been a clear UD.
    I heart cock

I do. Franklin has been injured on and off since February 2011, and is making 185 for the first time since 2008.

Franklin rarely tries to take the fight down. I like Cung at those odds too. Franklin is pretty much done fighting IMO.

Bisping is going to win, he beat Sonnen in a lot of people's eyes, I don't see what Boetch is going to do to him. Bisping gets dropped kind of a lot for a guy that is supposed to be a kickboxer, but at 3:1, I think that the odds are on Bisping's side.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Fuck it. Dropped enough on Cung to win a unit.
    I heart cock

Interesting fact on Franklin that I just noticed: In 35 fights, he's never lost 2 in a row.
    I heart cock

Interesting fact on Franklin that I just noticed: In 35 fights, he's never lost 2 in a row.
    Rampage was that way too. He got lucky because of the Machida decision though. Then Ryan Bader came along.

Whole life had changed how, I wonder?

And yes, Forrest got blown out by Shogun, but right before that he beat Franklin easily. And before that he beat Tito via what should've been a clear UD.
    Forest was talking in interviews before the fight about how getting married and having a family now made him not want to be in the gym all the time. He talked about how his life wasn't going so good when he got into fighting and now things are much better for him and he doesn't necessarily feel like he needs to fight anymore.

Forest was talking in interviews before the fight about how getting married and having a family now made him not want to be in the gym all the time. He talked about how his life wasn't going so good when he got into fighting and now things are much better for him and he doesn't necessarily feel like he needs to fight anymore.
    That makes sense. He's been fighting for several years now anyway.

BTW, my recommendation earlier to PP stands for you as well: If you can find it in your area, go see The Raid: Redemption ASAP.
    I heart cock

That makes sense. He's been fighting for several years now anyway.

BTW, my recommendation earlier to PP stands for you as well: If you can find it in your area, go see The Raid: Redemption ASAP.
    I've seen the commercials for it and it looks like some kind of modern Game of Death on a larger scale. I'll probably see it.

Yeah, no way I am betting Forrest @-295

I've seen the commercials for it and it looks like some kind of modern Game of Death on a larger scale. I'll probably see it.
    It's rare at this point that action choreography ever WOWs me anymore, but in this movie I felt the tingle again. It's probably one of the 10 best action movies that I've seen in the last 10 years.
    I heart cock

Line is about right imo

I will take Maia at those odds.

Really? Even after Maia's last performance, I'm still not sure he should be the dog. . .
    I heart cock

Really? Even after Maia's last performance, I'm still not sure he should be the dog. . .
    Really? Pretty sure Kyle Maynard could have outstruck him that night

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Really? Pretty sure Kyle Maynard could have outstruck him that night
    Yeah, maybe. But he's still Maia. Let's look at his last handful of fights:

1. Got beat by Weidman pretty soundly, but a lot of people think Weidman is really going to turn out to be a top fighter.
    2. Beat Santiago decisively.
    3. Lost to Munoz in a squeaker that a lot of people think he won.
    4. Beat Kendall Grove decisively.
    5. Beat Mario Miranda decisively.

So while he hasn't been pulling crazy subs out of the air like he used to, the only guy he's lost to in a decisive fashion is Weidman.
    Last edited by SPX; 04-23-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    I heart cock

If he decides to grapple, I think he will win. He may not be able to sub Kim though, but if Condit can sweep Kim, I have to think Maia can sweep him too. He is so afraid of losing a decision by being on bottom, that he decides to lose a decision standing. I really don't know what his deal is.

kim packs some power and decent takedown defense. Anyones fight. If i had to take someone I would take Maia.