Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 148 Sonnen vs Silva II

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    You really think Sonnen is gonna get smashed?
    this shit is gonna be Roy Jones Jr. Vs. Montell Griffen
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

You really think Sonnen is gonna get smashed?
    I don't think he will win. I don't think he will make it to the bell... whether he gets knocked out or submitted, not sure. I will say that Anderson's gas tank is not the best, and Chael does not seem to tire. So if manages to survive 2 rounds, he could win.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I will give him some credit, as he has really taken this heel thing all the way. He has pushed all his chips in.

The funny thing about him, is he failed really damn hard, and he now tries to play it off as a troll. Chael is a real life troll, but I remember him fighting in Bodog and in teh UFC the first time, and he was always kind of like this, but serious. He used to talk about how he was a republican and stuff and how he is clean cut etc... but it was all a serious attempt to sell himself then. I guess because I remember the old stuff, I really think his whole schtick is lame.
    Is sideloaded posting here again?
    You think this :

Sonnen won each of the first four rounds on all of the judges' scorecards, with the scores heading into the fifth round being 40–34, 40–35, and 40–36
    Is failing really damn hard,come on!

The guy had was given three 10-8 rounds on the judges scores cards against someone who was considered unbeatable? He was two minutes away from beating the guy who many consider the greatest mixed martial arts of all-time. He was tired and got caught at the end,simple as that.

Failed real hard,BOL!
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    this shit is gonna be Roy Jones Jr. Vs. Montell Griffen
    Roy Jones wasn't 38 when he fought Griffin,speed is almost gone by that age. We all know what Roy was doing at 38
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Yeah, Sonnen is gonna merk that prissy little metrosexual.

Luke, wanna put 20u on Sonnen with me?

Yeah, Sonnen is gonna merk that prissy little metrosexual.

Luke, wanna put 20u on Sonnen with me?
    Bol,no. I am considering 10 though.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Bol,no. I am considering 10 though.
    I got 5 right now, dunno if I will go 10 but maybe. I am gonna go 10 on Cormier though, too bad he isn't +220

with regard to Sonnen's failing hard, I wasn't talking about the fight. I was talking about him running for office and then becoming a real estate agent, then getting busted for money laundering, getting suspended, losing the fight, testing positive for PEDs, then going on TV and talking about how his balls never dropped.

I just meant that he basically had no choice but to play his whole idiotic existence off as a pro wrestling heel.

Also, Silva was hurt and Sonnen gave up with 2 minutes left in the fights. Renzo would have just let that shit snap like a man.

with regard to Sonnen's failing hard, I wasn't talking about the fight. I was talking about him running for office and then becoming a real estate agent, then getting busted for money laundering, getting suspended, losing the fight, testing positive for PEDs, then going on TV and talking about how his balls never dropped.

I just meant that he basically had no choice but to play his whole idiotic existence off as a pro wrestling heel.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I personally pay zero attention to what fighters do outside the cage so assumed you were talking about the fight.

Also, Silva was hurt and Sonnen gave up with 2 minutes left in the fights. Renzo would have just let that shit snap like a man.
    Renzo would never been in a freaking championship fight to begin with,that fucker couldn't be the champ of the Kings of Leon(or whatever that org. is)

Silva was hurt............sure,sure. That's why it took him 2 years and 7 million dollars to finally agree to a rematch,not because he was thoroughly dominated the first time and wanted to secure a huge payday before being cast from his throne forever.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Renzo would have just let that shit snap like a man.
    Yes, that is what men do . . . instead of tapping and losing they allow themselves to get badly injured before losing anyway.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Yes, that is what men do . . . instead of tapping and losing they allow themselves to get badly injured before losing anyway.

Sounds like more of something a caveman would do.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Sonnen could have survived IMO. If ever there was a time to fight to the end, that was it, that is all I am saying.

Anderson doesn't have no 19% body fat.

Sonnen could have survived IMO. If ever there was a time to fight to the end, that was it, that is all I am saying.
    I agree with that. With the title on the line and less than two minutes remaining I would have passed out first before tapping. Chael said he tapped from the choke not the armbar,but I'd still tap rather than have my arm broke no matter what the circumstances were.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Roy Jones wasn't 38 when he fought Griffin,speed is almost gone by that age. We all know what Roy was doing at 38
    I was speaking more about how people thought Griffin had Jones number, and was gonna beat him.

Im still mad RJJ "Jonesed" us losing to that White guy a couple years ago.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I agree with that. With the title on the line and less than two minutes remaining I would have passed out first before tapping. Chael said he tapped from the choke not the armbar,but I'd still tap rather than have my arm broke no matter what the circumstances were.
    Oh, see I just figured he tapped to the armbar, because no self respecting man would tap to a choke in that circumstance. Hell, plenty of guys don't tap to a choke in a local grappling tourney. Nothing bad happens when you go to sleep, I hear you might shit your pants, but I have seen hundreds of guys fall asleep in practice and nothing ever happens except they wake up and deny they were out.

I tap to a joint lock regadless if I know I am stuck. But it didn't look fully locked to me, and now that you say he tapped to the choke, that makes sense. Tapping to a choke though, there is really no reason to do it, especially in a title fight. Fight it all the way to naptown.
    Last edited by MMA_scientist; 04-27-2012 at 11:25 AM.

So do you guys think Sonnen wins ITD this time?

So do you guys think Sonnen wins ITD this time?
    I think he wins by decision
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    I was speaking more about how people thought Griffin had Jones number, and was gonna beat him.

Im still mad RJJ "Jonesed" us losing to that White guy a couple years ago.

Good old Montel Griffin, going from beating a prime Roy Jones through 8 rounds to a gatekeeper in boxing...........what a life fail!
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP