Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on FX 4, June 22nd

• Chis Camozzi vs. Nick Catone

Hmm, Waldburger might be worth a play at those odds.
    I heart cock

His price may get better, that is why I haven't bet it yet. This is going to be a good fight.

gray is such a fuckin asshole. I love it.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I am thinking miller, catone, guida, Probably sam stout, rick story as well. Anyone know anyrhing about brock jardine? I know he has a wrestling background at lock haven university. I think rick should have the experience edge there. Anyone e
    Se think guida wears gray maynard out over five rounds? Gray has a temdency to fade. He seems reinvigorated though, he could be in really great shape. The problem i see for him is he will have a hard time knocking out or submitting guida so he has to wrestle that wild fuck for five rounds to win imo. I guess he could outstrike him. I think dan miller funch will be closer than expected. Maybe not. I havent really seen funch fight much. Its hard to tell how good he is whe his losses are to quality opponents. I picked catone because camozzi always seemed kinda clunky and unathletic to me.

I think Maynard is going to look to make it a kickboxing match. I would be surprised to see him try any takedowns especially early on. I do think he has an edge standing. Guida probably won't be able to get him down early, but could possibly do it late if he can survive that long. I favor Maynard, but would only bet Guida at the current odds.

Miller should beat Funch IMO. Funch is a jj guy, but I think he is not as good as Miller on the ground. This is really Miller's last chance to be even remotely relevant as a fighter (moving down to WW). I think he will win pretty easily, maybe get a submission.

Brock Jardine/Story- You have to favor Story. Jardine looks well rounded though getting some submissions from his back, some KO's, and a wrestling base. I need to see him fight a wrestler like Story before I can bet on him though. I have to think Story is going to be too big and just too aggressive.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I'm having a tough time finding lines to bet on this one. A few I like a little, but not a lot. I think Ebersole by decision at +250 or so may have value. Story is underrated in general, IMO, but his line is too steep for me to be considering how little I know about his opponent.

I may bet Maynard with a possible thought to hedge on Guida with live betting, since if Guida wins it will probably be with a comeback decision, taking the late rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Anyone know anyrhing about brock jardine? I know he has a wrestling background at lock haven university. I think rick should have the experience edge there.
    Story's wrestling has actually looked a bit weak lately, both against Brenneman and Kampmann. His hands ought to be better than Jardine's though.

HOW do people bet on Waldburger after having seen Ebersole survive after having his back taken by Dennis Hallman and being guillotined in super deep guillotines by Chris Lytle and Claude Patrick???

I didn't watch, but I read Guida shouldve won? True or False?

Downloading the event now.

Glad I didn't bet Catone...looks like it was a bad beat.

If I was around and was able to bet on the prelims, my plays would have been on Catone, Lamas, Nijem, Siler, and Stone. Probably would have made a big parlay on Catone/Story so I would have lost anyways

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Guida didn't deserve the decision. He fought like a queer and caused both men's striking percentages to drop like hell because he did that epileptic movement shit and then started running away.

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/3930
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I gave Guida the first 2 rounds and Maynard the last 3. I think people were just assuming that Guida would win the late rounds with his cardio so he had the fight in the bag after the first couple rounds. What actually happened was that Maynard started getting a little better and better at catching him and Guida did less countering and more running as the fight went on.

Guida shouldn't have won, he should be cut.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Watched the fight. Someone should kill Greg Jackson for telling Guida that he is effective with that spazzing. Agree, Maynard won.

Also, I thought Spencer Fisher won all 3 rounds. Landed the cleaner strikes standing and Stout did nothing with his takedowns.

I do have to say that I thought what Guida did was impressive. This was a fight that most people (including myself) gave him fairly little chance to win. Instead, he used a creative gameplan that enabled to come within a hair's breadth of victory. One judge gave him the win, and a lot of fans also thought won it. If round 3 had gone just a little more in his favor, he certainly would have.

But the fight was boring to watch, so people will reach for any excuse to say Guida had a bad gameplan even though from a sporting perspective, it clearly wasn't one. If he had stood in front of Maynard and had that brawl we were hoping for, Maynard would have smashed his face in.

I guess. His plan lacked offense though . I didn't give him a single round.