Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on FX 3, June 8th

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Rocha impressed me against Ellenberger.

I can't remember what his striking was like, though. Anyone remember?
    Wild. He landed a head kick on Ellenberger sort of... typical brazilian grappler style, just buck wild with all power shots.

http://ironforgesiron.com/2011/02/uf...fort-teh-gifs/
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I have absolutely no confidence in any fight on this card. I like Brenneman at his odds I guess. But most likely he is going to het blasted out standing... his gameplan is too obvious at this point. Get on top, wait for the bell. Nothing at all even resembles something I want to bet here. Both the wrestlers that I would normally be looking at (Brenneman and Pierce) are facing guys with a lot of hype and I don't want to touch those bets...

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Brenneman for sure. He is going to fuck that pretty boy Brazilian right in his fucking ass for 15 minutes, and when that bell rings, Brenneman is going to pull out and give Silva a California Cookie.
    erick silva is a black belt in bjj and a black belt in judo. Brennamen is probably going to have to take him down for 3 rounds to win the fight...That could be dangerous territory for him.

Charlie can definetly win that but I don't consider it gaurunteed.

If Brenneman isn't finished within 3 minutes, he will win.

PP, i know u bet Papazian. He looks pretty solid. How is Dustin Page's striking ? I cant find any relevent fights of him to get an idea of how he would match up against Pap.

I think pap is the overall better striker...pague has longer reach but doesnt really use it. I think the majority of the fight will be standing and think pap should excel there. Kind of worried he will hang back a bit like hee did at times against easton...could cost him rounds. Dont think pap will be at a disadvantage on the ground.

However...in hindsight i should have just went small on pap and big on martinez -140 or salas +160 instead.

Ps typing on phone is annoying

it looks like Pap has faster and smoother hands, and a good chin. I dont know enough about Pague, so im just gonna put them all in a wild 10 dollars 8 fights parlay for fun.
    Pap, Martinez, Benoist, Grice, Pierson, Windland, Pyle, and Brennaman. 10 bucks to win 2.2k lol. who would u say gonna screw up my parlay ?

Beonoist, pierson, wineland, pyle

There are a fair number of wrestler / striker matchups on this card, where the fight hinges on the question, "Will X be able to get the takedown or not?" These fights are often some of the most profitable to bet live. An early takedown landing (or getting shrugged off effortlessly) can result on there briefly being a lot of value on one guy or the other.

Fucking Charlie Brenneman, he gave that shit away. Brb turtling up after getting stuffed once and not even trying to defend anything

Man I got buried tonight. Oh well.

Yeah, I am not impressed with Brenneman's performance.

A lot of the guys I was thinking of betting but didn't--Pierce, Wineland, Roberts, Pyle--won and Brenneman, who I did bet, just said fuck it.
    I heart cock

Yeah, Brenneman did what I thought he would, got stuffed once and turtled up/looked like he just gave up or just froze. I will still bet any high paced wrestler/grinder to beat Silva @+odds.

Also, Jorgensen is a moron.

Dont think pap will be at a disadvantage on the ground.

Got home from the arena around 3:30 AM last night..had a pretty good time. The arena had TONS of empty seats. It kind of made me wish I bought the cheap seats and just walked down to the section I actually payed for which had some empty seats during the fights. The crowd was pretty fucking shitty as well, lots of pointless boos, and I was surrounded by "JUST BLEED!" guys. "Stop making love and fight!". "My six year old weighs as much as these guys!". Lots of people talking shit about main event as well, saying it was boring.

The preliminary fights were pretty underwhelming, not going to complain though. The only fight I found truly "sucked" was Henry Martinez/Bernardo Magalahes. Main card was exciting and crowd was going nuts for Jorgensen/Wineland. The Pyle KO of Neer was insane, Neer just faceplanted and it was pretty crazy to see.

As for betting:

Why the fuck did I not go bigger on Matt Grice? I am an idiot.

Glad I didn't bet bigger on Justin Salas like I was going to @+160, would have made my night worse.

Papazian ending up on bottom in full mount was not good at all off the trip/throw/whatever that was. That sucked for me.

I thought Henry Martinez would clearly beat Bernardo Malgahaes on the feet, really surprised it was fairly close. Glad he got the win though.

Scott Jorgensen is dumb...brb getting killed on the feet and now trying to wrestle. However, I think he would have lost anyways trying to wrestle, I overrated his TDs.

Motherfucking Charlie Brenneman. I was wrong. The quick separations when Brenneman was working for a TD across the cage cost me imo, but I'm not ruling out a Silva win in rounds 2 or 3. My standard bet on a good sized dog wrestler didn't come through last night.

Uncle Creepy just looked a little off last night, he didn't really try to get any takedowns in the midst of any exchanges like he did in the first fight. Instead he shot for takedowns which didn't work out as well for him. Mighty Mouse looked improved last night as well. If this fight didn't go the distance I'd probably be on suicide watch right now (ok not really)

Uncle Creepy just looked a little off last night, he didn't really try to get any takedowns in the midst of any exchanges like he did in the first fight.
    I heard he had a bad weight cut and had to cut like 18 pounds in 24 hours. That probably had something to do with it.
    I heart cock

Scientist, no post-event breakdown? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    I heart cock

Speaking of awful judging, did anyone ever hear an explanation or retraction of that 30-27 score for Rocha?

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Scientist, no post-event breakdown? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    I didnt watch it.