Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on FX 3, June 8th

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I didnt watch it.
    Well why not?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Well why not?
    because I was out of town for a comp. Also, I was not very interested. I wanted to see Silva/Brenneman... and I was excited to see Rocha again, but nothing I really cared about. I don't care at all about 125 and I probably never will. They can't even scrape together 4 recognizable names to fight for the title, it will be all downhill after the Benevidez/MM fight.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I don't know why you think it will be downhill. I think now that flyweight is a division in the UFC then more and more fighters are going to start getting recognition and also more and more smaller guys are going to start training.

The featherweight division took a while to really build up, but it's pretty solid now. Give it time.
    I heart cock

We'll see I guess. I actually think FW and BW kind of blow too tbh... I would rather just have Aldo at LW and scrap 145. the 125ers can stay at 135. I mean DJ and benevidez already fought for the title at 135, so I guess I don't really blame their failure on size.

145 is a lot stronger than 135, I think, so not sure why you'd want to scrap it. There's a lot more than Aldo at 145. Zombie, Hioki, Siver, Nunes, Koch, Poirier, Hominick, Roop and Palaszewski are all very solid. And outside of the UFC there's Curran and Sandro.
    I heart cock

I think the good guys in that group can fight at 155. I really don't think that list is too solid though personally... they are good because FW is weak. A lot of them fought at 155, and it is not like they were undersized. Siver was pretty big at LW too... I don't know, I think too many classes just waters down the divisions too much. I get that we need to include the small guys, but I really don't think there is much difference between 125 and 135. Not enough to care about the classes individually for me.

International wrestling cuts out one of the weight classes by going from 145 to 163. I like that better... but they doo have 121 and 132, which seems redundant to me too. It goes 121, 132, 145, 163, 185, 211, 264.

I guess I just would rather see deep weightclasses with some guys being at a size disadvantage, rather than a bunch of shallow divisions just to make sure they are all the exact same size.

I think the UFC had the right idea with 5 weight classes. That's about the right number of divisions and champions for fans to keep track of.

They could easily expand the current weight classes a bit and get rid of one, if not two.

I think one problem is that lightweight is already SO deep that more fighters would just make it chaos and there would always be like 5 guys you could argue deserves a title shot.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I think one problem is that lightweight is already SO deep that more fighters would just make it chaos and there would always be like 5 guys you could argue deserves a title shot.
    I don't think it is that deep... after Edgar and Diaz, there is no one just jumping out as a title challenger. Pettis I suppose. But if you had a bunch of other guys, they would fight each other and eliminate each other. Deep divisions is a problem that solves itself if the matches are made well.

I don't think it is that deep... after Edgar and Diaz, there is no one just jumping out as a title challenger. Pettis I suppose. But if you had a bunch of other guys, they would fight each other and eliminate each other. Deep divisions is a problem that solves itself if the matches are made well.
    The fact that we have a tough time finding contenders lends itself to the idea that the division is so deep. Contenders keep getting knocked off by other contenders before they can amass a run worthy of a title shot.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Flyweight is only going to get better, and it's already no worse than heavyweight, which is perennially bad.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I agree, though I will also say that I think HW has gotten better over the past few years.
    I heart cock

155 has more fighers that any division. There are a lot of guys still in in it...

Yeah, I want to say there's something like 70 guys on the roster at LW, compared to around half that at heavyweight.
    I heart cock

The heavyweight division is pretty fucked. It's better now with Strikeforce merging with the UFC though. I am real excited to see Daniel Cormier come over and beat JDS.

Well I don't know. By the time Cormier comes over, Cain will probably be champ unfortunately.

Why would Cain be champ?

LW has more guys, and HW's do suck, but not really. They just have a different set of issues to deal with than the other weight classes. On one hand, they can only fight for a few minutes, but on the other hand, there is something about a HW fight that brings the excitement and possibility of death like no other class. Also JDS would kick Bendo's ass pretty easy, so there is the whole actual king of the mountain thing.

Why would Cain be champ?
    I think Cain has a legit chance of beating JDS @ UFC 152.

As I typed that:

Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2 is now being targeted for November/December

Damn..wonder what happened, as of last weekend it was supposed to be the main event on 152