Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 152

1. I'm not as confident as the oddsmakers are that Oliveira is going to blow through Swanson.

2. I'm tempted to bet Dunham at -200.

3. If Igor hits -200 I'll probably bet him.

4. Noke seems like he might be worth a dog bet.

5. Anyone got a breakdown on Pierson/Benoist?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    1. I'm not as confident as the oddsmakers are that Oliveira is going to blow through Swanson.

2. I'm tempted to bet Dunham at -200.

3. If Igor hits -200 I'll probably bet him.

4. Noke seems like he might be worth a dog bet.

5. Anyone got a breakdown on Pierson/Benoist?
    1. I think Swanson has a very legit shot at winning. I will be betting him.

2. I really think Grant will keep it close. It's going to be a pretty competitive fight imo, Grant has looked great at LW. However, I think Dunham will be able to steal rounds with takedowns of his own. He is a better wrestler (in MMA) then Shane Roller and I feel Dunham will be able to get the decision win in a competitive fight. I can get his at -185 right now, but I'm going to wait to see if it gets better.

3. I really think Igor wins, but I am really surprised he is such a big favorite. I was hoping the public would back Vinny and the line would be good for Igor.

4. I don't think so..I like Brenneman in this one. I don't want to bet him straight, I might parlay him.

5. I didn't look at this fight when I broke this whole card down, but based on memory I think Benoist will have a slight advantage.

1. I think Oliviera wins by submission, but I am not as confident as the oddsmakers either. I don't think Swanson wins though.

2. Agreed, Dunham is tempting. He should have the edge everywhere, I think Grant will keep it close, but Dunham will just be a little better everywhere.

3. I don't even think about betting favorites where the dog has a huge edge in one area. I think Igor will win, but would not be surprised to see Vinny sub him.

4. Brenneman or bust.

5. Who?
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    2. I really think Grant will keep it close. It's going to be a pretty competitive fight imo, Grant has looked great at LW. However, I think Dunham will be able to steal rounds with takedowns of his own. He is a better wrestler (in MMA) then Shane Roller and I feel Dunham will be able to get the decision win in a competitive fight. I can get his at -185 right now, but I'm going to wait to see if it gets better.
    The only fight of Grant's that really comes to mind for me is against Carlo Prater and I wasn't particularly impressed. I think Dunham will either outwrestle him or just keep it on the feet and outstrike him.

3. I really think Igor wins, but I am really surprised he is such a big favorite. I was hoping the public would back Vinny and the line would be good for Igor.
    I can't say I'm particularly shocked. For one, the impression most people Stateside probably have of Vinny is that "he's that guy that got murdered by Bader and lost a decision to Eliot Marshall." I doubt many beyond the hardest of the hard cores have seen any of his M-1 fights.

Igor's been doing pretty good. I really expect him to win this. My one concern, of course, is that he gets caught in a sub.

5. I didn't look at this fight when I broke this whole card down, but based on memory I think Benoist will have a slight advantage.
    Pierson seems like he may be one of those dark horses. Sure, he came up short against DHK and Ellenberger, but he pretty much walked through Riddle and Hecht. He might be one of those guys who will lose to the upper echelon but beat most everyone else.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    3. I don't even think about betting favorites where the dog has a huge edge in one area. I think Igor will win, but would not be surprised to see Vinny sub him.
    I dunno. In 33 fights Igor's only lost once by submission and that was five years ago. Granted, he hasn't really been fighting any submission machines--at least not in the UFC--but I actually wouldn't be surprised if Vinny can't even get him down. In fact, I kind of expect Igor to finish him.
    I heart cock

I dunno. In 33 fights Igor's only lost once by submission and that was five years ago. Granted, he hasn't really been fighting any submission machines--at least not in the UFC--but I actually wouldn't be surprised if Vinny can't even get him down. In fact, I kind of expect Igor to finish him.
    Yeah, I kind of expect Vinny to get stuffed on takedowns, and try to pull guard and get pounded out. But I would not be shocked to see the ADCC HW champion submit Igor (or anyone, he pretty much always has that out).

I'm probably going to bet Grant actually.

And as for Vinny..he looked like shit in M1 too. He is gonna lose

I admit that I'm tempted to bet some of these guys at less-than-ideal lines just because it's been so long.
    I heart cock

I'm probably going to bet Grant actually.

And as for Vinny..he looked like shit in M1 too. He is gonna lose
    Well you are going to lose bitch.

Yep, Vinny is a can, he doesn't belong... I am just always leery of betting a favorite when the other guy has a clear out.

I admit that I'm tempted to bet some of these guys at less-than-ideal lines just because it's been so long.
    I am back to not caring, I am actually thinking about cashing out. I probably won't even watch, which is telling because some of these guys are fighters I really like watching like Oliveira and Dunham and of course Vitor/Jones.

i had 2u on Grant and 3u on Baczynski. Dunham's striking is pretty much his sneaking straight left and thats it. i think Grant will best him on the feet and hopefully able to stop Dunhams td. i think Benoist will win a close dec but waiting for better odd on him.

I am back to not caring, I am actually thinking about cashing out. I probably won't even watch, which is telling because some of these guys are fighters I really like watching like Oliveira and Dunham and of course Vitor/Jones.
    I was actually just about to ask if you were going to really bet something this time or if you're going to be a bitch. I see the answer is: Bitch.

Luke said he also doesn't care. Fuck y'all. We haven't had any real MMA in 3 weeks. That's like a century with today's schedule. This is important.
    I heart cock

I was actually just about to ask if you were going to really bet something this time or if you're going to be a bitch. I see the answer is: Bitch.

Luke said he also doesn't care. Fuck y'all. We haven't had any real MMA in 3 weeks. That's like a century with today's schedule. This is important.
    I haven't watched an mma event in months. If you recall I have skipped the last few. I do recall watching something though... I just can't muster up any caring. I think I am permanently over MMA. I am going to become a casual fan... maybe watch a fight a year or something. I want to care, I just don't.
    I primarily want to care for money making purposes, because any true passion has left me.

You give up too easily. Sometimes you have to choose to care.
    I heart cock

Scientist, you're a pussy. You are the one that really got me into this/to join IWS.

Mike..the thing keeping me away from Benoist is his gas tank. He has the skills to beat Pierson, but his cardio is pretty bad...and taking this fight on short notice does not help.

Scientist, you're a pussy. You are the one that really got me into this/to join IWS.

and now you are up 40u (what is that, like $100), and a steadfast mod on IWS.

I can't help it that I am having a midlife crisis... I will try harder. I am going to choose to care and see how it goes (fake it until I make it theory).

and now you are up 40u (what is that, like $100), and a steadfast mod on IWS.

I can't help it that I am having a midlife crisis... I will try harder. I am going to choose to care and see how it goes (fake it until I make it theory).
    one unit=40 dollars bro

When I started IWS, it was $6. Come at me bro

Matt Hamill vs Roger Hollett - 3 rounds - UFC 152 propositions
    Sat 9/22 1303 Hollett/Hamill goes 3 round distance +145
    10:00PM 1304 Fight won't go 3 round distance -185
    Cub Swanson vs Charles Oliveira - 3 rounds - UFC 152 propositions
    Sat 9/22 1403 Swanson/Oliveira goes 3 round distance +185
    9:30PM 1404 Fight won't go 3 round distance -265
    Vinny Magalhães vs Igor Pokrajac - 3 rounds - UFC 152 propositions
    Sat 9/22 1503 Magalhães/Pokrajac goes 3 round distance +195
    9:00PM 1504 Fight won't go 3 round distance -275
    TJ Grant vs Evan Dunham - 3 rounds - UFC 152 propositions
    Sat 9/22 1603 Grant/Dunham goes 3 round distance -190
    8:30PM 1604 Fight won't go 3 round distance +150
    Sean Pierson vs Lance Benoist - 3 rounds - UFC 152 propositions
    Sat 9/22 1703 Pierson/Benoist goes 3 round distance -185
    8:00PM 1704 Fight won't go 3 round distance +145
    Marcus Brimage vs Jimy Hettes - 3 rounds - UFC 152 propositions
    Sat 9/22 1803 Brimage/Hettes goes 3 round distance +160
    7:30PM 1804 Fight won't go 3 round distance -210
    UFC 152 - Belfort/Jones & Johnson/Benavidez - which fight ends sooner
    both fights have same exact distance is a push
    Sat 9/22 9001 Belfort/Jones less seconds fought -1500
    11:00PM 9002 Johnson/Benavidez less seconds fought +700
    Belfort/Jones fight lasts less seconds than Johnson/Benavidez
    Sat 9/22 9003 Belfort/Jones less seconds fought -540
    11:00PM 9004 Any other result / both go distance +390
    Johnson/Benavidez fight lasts less seconds than Belfort/Jones
    Sat 9/22 9005 Johnson/Benavidez less seconds fought +888
    11:00PM 9006 Any other result / both go distance -1586
    total seconds faught in each fight
    Sat 9/22 9007 Both fights are same duration +630
    11:00PM 9008 Fights end in different duration -1125

I think I may pull the trigger on Bones, not stann and not mighty mouse by sub. Comes out to -407