Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on Fuel 5 in Nottingham

yeah true that but struves hands are slow too. he has reach advantage though but he seem to leave himself open alot too. honestly, im tend to stay away from these heavyweight fights. one punch is all it takes to end a fight

Well throwing out the concern about a one punch KO, who do you feel is more likely to win a decision?
    I heart cock

i dont know. i need to rewatch some vids again. my laptop died and the new one doesnt come til around next weekend. sucks lol. but i notice lately that the judges reward more to the more agressive/moving forward fighter even if fewer strikes land. it looks good in the judges eyes. that would probably be struve? miocic seem like an outside striker. but with struves chin, 1 good punch will crack him. this fight will be 5 rounds also? i seriously think its a bad idea to force all main event fights to be 5 round. 5 rounds should be for championship fights only. fighters would keep a faster pace in a 3 round fight. 5 round fights is more of a whos got better cardio will win, if the fighters are same skill level.

Light heavyweight added to Sept 29 @UFC in Nottingham. Former world Muay Thai champion Jorgen Kruth makes debut against Fabio Maldonado.
    //

UFC: Nottingham Adds Tom ‘Kong’ Watson vs. Brad Tavares, John Maguire vs. John Hathaway

Maguire vs Hathaway

So Tom Watson finally gets his shot in the UFC. . .
    I heart cock

Yeah, too bad he is going to lose.

You never know. Brad Tavares hasn't exactly knocked my socks off.
    I heart cock

That's because you guys have never met.

Watch your mouth, chinaman!
    I heart cock

Struve @+255 is ridiculous. Too bad I already bet him at +205.

Stefan Struve vs Stipe Miocic - 5 rounds - UFC on Fuel 5 propositions
    Tue 9/4 1003 Struve/Miocic goes 5 round distance +350
    11:00PM 1004 Fight won't go 5 round distance -530

Fight won't go distance opened @-300, WTF

Those odds do seem off.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Fight won't go distance opened @-300, WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Those odds do seem off.
    Probably because they have one single fight that went to decision in a combined 38 fights between them.(Struve vs Buentello)
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Stipe Miocic vs Joey Beltran, breh

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Stipe Miocic vs Joey Beltran, breh
    Sorry, 2 decisions in 38 fights. You get the point.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Stefan Struve vs Stipe Miocic - 5 rounds - UFC on Fuel 5 propositions
    Sat 9/29 1003 Struve/Miocic goes 5 round distance +400
    11:00PM 1004 Fight won't go 5 round distance -600
    Sat 9/29 1005 Struve wins inside distance +278
    11:00PM 1006 Not Struve inside distance -398
    Sat 9/29 1007 Struve wins by 5 round decision +825
    11:00PM 1008 Not Struve by 5 round decision -1725
    Sat 9/29 1009 Miocic wins inside distance -173
    11:00PM 1010 Not Miocic inside distance +133
    Sat 9/29 1011 Miocic wins by 5 round decision +674
    11:00PM 1012 Not Miocic by 5 round decision -1420
    Sat 9/29 1013 Struve/Miocic draw +8000
    11:00PM 1014 Fight not a draw -21500

Where my money is going...

Stipe (easy pick in my opinion) via KO. Stipe is a great striker, and history has shown us that Struve has a hard time holding his own against decent strikers. Stipe will stand with Struve, and knock him out.

Hardy via KO. We can't forget that Hardy was a former title contender and held his own against GSP (as in he didn't submit to a terribly vicious armbar). With that said, I think Amir still has ways to go before he has made a name for himself other than being the winner of TUF...which nowadays isn't really that spectacular.

I will NOT be putting money down on the Pickett/Jabouin fight. I won't even attempt to make a call on it either. Could really go either way and I don't suggest you put money down on it either.

Sass via submission. The king of the triangle choke with prevail in this fight against Wiman. Wiman is no chump though, so he'll put up a good fight but with that being said, the money is on Sass who will be granted a top 10 competitor after this fight.

Hathaway via decision. Not my favorite fighter, nor is this a fight I'm really looking forward to. Hathaway has proven he can be exciting, he just hasn't shown this as of late. I'm giving Hathaway the win here.

Mills via KO or submission. Mills is fast, real fast and can end a fight with a submissions just as easily as he can with a KO. Ludwig has fallen on some hard times as of late and I hope he could rebound...but this isn't that fight for that. I could see a potential release after this fight.

^^^^Good stuff man. Welcome to the forum!
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by LilNubi View Post
    Where my money is going...

Stipe (easy pick in my opinion) via KO. Stipe is a great striker, and history has shown us that Struve has a hard time holding his own against decent strikers. Stipe will stand with Struve, and knock him out.

Hardy via KO. We can't forget that Hardy was a former title contender and held his own against GSP (as in he didn't submit to a terribly vicious armbar). With that said, I think Amir still has ways to go before he has made a name for himself other than being the winner of TUF...which nowadays isn't really that spectacular.

I will NOT be putting money down on the Pickett/Jabouin fight. I won't even attempt to make a call on it either. Could really go either way and I don't suggest you put money down on it either.

Sass via submission. The king of the triangle choke with prevail in this fight against Wiman. Wiman is no chump though, so he'll put up a good fight but with that being said, the money is on Sass who will be granted a top 10 competitor after this fight.

Hathaway via decision. Not my favorite fighter, nor is this a fight I'm really looking forward to. Hathaway has proven he can be exciting, he just hasn't shown this as of late. I'm giving Hathaway the win here.

Mills via KO or submission. Mills is fast, real fast and can end a fight with a submissions just as easily as he can with a KO. Ludwig has fallen on some hard times as of late and I hope he could rebound...but this isn't that fight for that. I could see a potential release after this fight.
    Agree on Miocic. He matches up favorably here.

I really don't think Hardy is very good, nor was he ever very good. He got a title shot without ever having to face one of the many better fighters in that division. I also disagree that he held his own against GSP. He got dominated, he put up like 4 seconds of offense in 25 minutes. That said, he didn't get finished, which says something about his defense on the ground, but then he got subbed by Lytle, so maybe it says more about GSP. That said, Amir is a mid level guy. This fight is going to be a kickboxing match, Amir has been dropped by less powerful guys. Power edge to Hardy for sure and leg kicks edge to Amir. Hardy should be able to win, but I would put this at pretty close to even personally. I won't bet either way, unless one of them somehow gets well into + territory, at which point I would bet either man.

Also staying awau from Pickett/Jabouin. Probably Pickett will use his wrestling and win.

Haven't seen enough of McGuire to form an opinion. Hathaway is sometimes really good and sometimes pretty average though, hard to bet on his fights.

Ludwig had a couple of good showings, but he is not very good IMO. Mills should win that, agree there.

Really looking forward to seeing Gunnar Nelson. Hopefully his hype doesn't destroy the line, but he is going to win.

Welcome.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u