Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: UFC on Fuel 6

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Oh come on....that was such a quick fight..really hard to tell anything from a fight where a guy gets caught so early.
    Well what if he had been the one to get KOd? Would you hold it against him? Would you bring it up if you were breaking down an upcoming fight of his? Or would you say, "Yeah, Gomi got knocked out by Griffin but it was such a short fight so it doesn't matter."

It was a quick fight, and maybe a little flukey, and who knows if he would do it again if they fought again. But one thing it does tell you is that he still has the power and ability to go out there and knock a motherfucker out.

The fact is that he lost to three top 10 fighters: Florian, Diaz and Guida. And he holds wins over at least two-well regarded, solid guys in Griffin and Danzig. And some Japanese dude.
    I heart cock

Thiago Silva should not have been -350. He is going to be fade material in his next fight.
    Shouldn't you figure out who he's fighting first?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Okay, so I just watched this shit. In fact, it's the first MMA event that I missed live that I went back and watched in a LONG time.

Thoughts? Yes, I do have some. Yes, I do.

1. Takeya Mizugaki is still my boy. Glad to see him get another win and a dominant one at that. I'm glad the UFC hasn't just fed him to top guy after top guy because he'd probably have gotten cut. But he's clearly better than MOST of the roster at BW. What a strange career in the UFC so far: He has gone L-W-L-W with no variation over the course of 10 fights. He arguably should be 3-0 in his last 3, though. A lot of people thought he beat Cariaso. Then again, maybe it's karma. A lot of people also thought he lost to Curran.

2. Was kind of hoping Zhang would win, just cuz. And he got close! But alas, he's probably gone after this fight.

3. Why aren't we talking about Gomi beating Danzig? Danzig has proven himself to be a pretty solid, if not great, fighter. So I think it is a really good win for Gomi and proves that he's not done. He maybe can't compete with the top guys . . . but he's still a competent fighter who can win fights, even at the UFC level.

4. DHK executed OPERATION: Judo Rape. That is all. Oh, and Paulo Thiago is probably gonna get cut.

5. Nedkov did a lot better than I thought he would. I'm glad my bet came through but I have to give him credit. I'm just not sure why he's fighting at 205. He looks like Matt Serra out there. Seems obvious that he should be a WW.

6. CUNG fucking LE!!! GodDAMN I'm happy to see him win! I really didn't expect him to. I'm not sure he did, either. He looked SOO fucking thrilled about that shit. I also think this would be the PERFECT time for him to retire. He's 40 years old. He should go out on the biggest win of his career.

7. The Macau crowd didn't really seem to be that into it. They didn't cheer like other crowds do and they didn't really support Zhang like the Canadians support GSP or like the Brazilians support, well, ANYBODY from Brazil. They also didn't lose their mind when Cung got his KO. Weird.

8. I really wish I had gotten to see this event live. There were some good fights and it was kind of lame reading about Cung's KO before seeing it.
    I wouldnt be surpised if they weren't cheering out of respect. They do that in Japan.

Thiago Silva should not have been -350. He is going to be fade material in his next fight.
    Thiago is pretty good. He won this one against a guy that is pretty decent. His fight against Gustaffson was affected by an injury. He recently came out and said he had a rib injury so he was unable to try and take the fight to the ground. Who knows if he could have but it probably effected the fight. He beat the crap out of Brandon Vera and he almost tko'd Rashad. Not bad in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I wouldnt be surpised if they weren't cheering out of respect. They do that in Japan.
    You might think that, but in Japan they also don't boo. These guys didn't have a problem booing, though.
    I heart cock

Banned
    The only fight since he didn't claim back injury in was the Vera fight, where he used steroids to heal up. He might just be fighting because he needs the $.Different circumstances. That was at LHW and DeBlass took that fight on real short notice/was still injured. He gassed hard early.