Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: UFC on FOX 5

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    My opinion doesnt mean shit but I think Rory, Gus, and Bendo all win. Think the reach and length of Rory and Gus will be too much for the other to over come. After looking at it,I'd say Rory-Penn will be the closer fight. Shogun's knees are shot and he no longer has good foot movement so he'll probably have a very difficult landing anything on Gus. Should be an easy decision for Gus. The Bendo-Diaz fight will probably look a lot like Bendo-Pettis, with Bendo going for TD's and trying to win it on the ground. Won't be surprised if Bendo wins the first 3 round then starts to have trouble getting Diaz to the ground as he wears down. If I had to guess, I'd say all three win by a decision
    bump. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Post event thoughts:

I only watched the main card.

BJ is officially done, and I don't think it is his motivation, I think guys are just better now at this ruleset. BJ's cardio was there, he just couldn't do anything with Rory, and he was getting lit up standing. I thought BJ would at least win round 1, but he just had nothing. At least he isn't getting KO'd every time like Hughes did when he got passed up.

Shogun could have won that fight IMO. Gustafsson started to take over late, but I thought Shogun won Rd 1. Gustafsson has nothing for JOnes though, I used to think that would be a different kind of challenge for Jones, but Jones is going to thrown him on his back and clobber him.

Swick, WTF. I had that totally backward. I thought Swick would be better everywhere, but it was Brown that was ahead in all phases. I don't know if Swick has gotten worse, or if Brown has gotten better. All of the sudden Brown is a grappling wizard and has takedowns to boot...

Bendo dominated, which is pretty much what I thought would happen. Diaz just looked completely outclassed out there. I think we just saw an exact preview of Diaz/GSP. Bendo is great to watch, and Diaz came to fight, but just couldn't, fun fight to watch from my perspective.
    Yeah I ended up placing a bet on Swick at the end. I thought he would be able to keep it standing and land the faster strikes. I kinda went against my consious here on that. I was reading play by plays from matt browns old fights and he has been wrestling a lot more lately. His standup is decent as well. I guess I thought he had a good shot though I am suprised he ko'd him on the feet. In the end I got greedy and took a risky bet that did not pay off. My fault.

Good fights all around I thought. I was really suprised that Swick got handled on the ground like that and even more suprised he got KO'd. It was sad to watch BJ, but like Scientist says, these dudes are next level now, I thought his cardio was ok overall.

On another note, I DVR'd this and watched all the fights in about 1:15, I wouldnt mind that every event, lol.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

BJ is officially done, and I don't think it is his motivation, I think guys are just better now at this ruleset. BJ's cardio was there, he just couldn't do anything with Rory, and he was getting lit up standing. I thought BJ would at least win round 1, but he just had nothing. At least he isn't getting KO'd every time like Hughes did when he got passed up.
    He has never been that good above 155 lbs. If he would go back to lightweight he'd probably be top 5 and would definitely be top 10. I just don't think he cares about fighting at lightweight. I think that in BJ's mind the prestige is at 170 lbs.

Shogun could have won that fight IMO. Gustafsson started to take over late, but I thought Shogun won Rd 1. Gustafsson has nothing for JOnes though, I used to think that would be a different kind of challenge for Jones, but Jones is going to thrown him on his back and clobber him.
    Even though I thought G-Stuff won all three rounds, they were all competitive. It certainly wasn't a blowout. But yeah, Jones will probably kill Gustaffson if/when they fight.

Swick, WTF. I had that totally backward. I thought Swick would be better everywhere, but it was Brown that was ahead in all phases. I don't know if Swick has gotten worse, or if Brown has gotten better. All of the sudden Brown is a grappling wizard and has takedowns to boot...
    Yeah, I dunno what happened. I think maybe it's a combination of Brown improving and Swick losing a step. Brown surprised me in the Thompson fight. I guess he's a pretty good fighter.

Bendo dominated, which is pretty much what I thought would happen. Diaz just looked completely outclassed out there. I think we just saw an exact preview of Diaz/GSP. Bendo is great to watch, and Diaz came to fight, but just couldn't, fun fight to watch from my perspective.
    Yeah, if GSP if/when GSP fights Diaz there should be money to be made,
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    On another note, I DVR'd this and watched all the fights in about 1:15, I wouldnt mind that every event, lol.
    No, you see, you have to savor the experience . . . it's an event.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    bump. Good job.
    Thanks. I get lucky every once in a whle
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Thanks. I get lucky every once in a whle
    It's funny. I thought about parlaying all 3 of them but I lost on Swick and felt stupid for overextending myself on a bet I had reservations about. Oh well. In the end I am glad that I had the right idea in one sense or another.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    It's funny. I thought about parlaying all 3 of them but I lost on Swick and felt stupid for overextending myself on a bet I had reservations about. Oh well. In the end I am glad that I had the right idea in one sense or another.
    I was fully prepared to make a huge parlay on Gus-Rory but wasnt able to get funds into my account in time. Oh well, I guess
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

My opinion doesnt mean shit but I think Rory, Gus, and Bendo all win. Think the reach and length of Rory and Gus will be too much for the other to over come. After looking at it,I'd say Rory-Penn will be the closer fight. Shogun's knees are shot and he no longer has good foot movement so he'll probably have a very difficult landing anything on Gus. Should be an easy decision for Gus. The Bendo-Diaz fight will probably look a lot like Bendo-Pettis, with Bendo going for TD's and trying to win it on the ground. Won't be surprised if Bendo wins the first 3 round then starts to have trouble getting Diaz to the ground as he wears down. If I had to guess, I'd say all three win by a decision
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter