Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 155

I was wondering when ol' Leonard was going to fight again. . .
    I heart cock

Gray Maynard injured..Jim Miller in for him vs Joe Lauzon

I like that fight.

What do you guys think about Okami/Belcher?

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    What do you guys think about Okami/Belcher?

I like belcher at +odds. Slight edge to belcher.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Without looking at the fight, I like Okami at -120. I don't think he is at that much of a disadvantage standing and he can make this fight ugly and get Belcher down and work his usual game. I don't like how tentative Okami looked though at UFC 150...I guess getting (T)KO'd in pretty brutal fashion 2 fights in a row can do that to a guy though.

• Champ Junior Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez - for heavyweight title
    • Phil Davis vs. Forrest Griffin
    • Tim Boetsch vs. Chris Weidman
    • Joe Lauzon vs. Jim Miller
    • Alan Belcher vs. Yushin Okami
    • Chris Leben vs. Karlos Vemola
    • Brad Pickett vs. Eddie Wineland
    • Phil De Fries vs. TBA
    • Michael Johnson vs. Myles Jury
    • Leonard Garcia vs. Cody McKenzie
    • Byron Bloodworth vs. Erik Perez

I picked/bet Cain in their first fight and I am going to pick/bet him again here. JDS is probably my favorite HW besides Cormier at the moment but I really think Cain is going to be able to avoid getting KO'd in a minute this time and will make it a competitive fight like I predicted last year. Cain is going to make this ugly and get the decision win. Oh yeah, decision win.

Davis is an easy pick here. There is no need for an explanation here.

Chris Weidman is a better striker, wrestler, and grappler than Boetsch. Boetsch isn't going to surprise (most) people 3 times in a row (or will he?).

Lauzon/Miller is tough. Miller is taking the fight on short notice but I do not think that will matter much. I won't be surprised to see either guy win but I am picking the guy that has a more clear path to victory in the fight. Lauzon at decent dog odds may be worth a shot though, I think Miller is a pretty overrated fighter and his wrestling is even more overrated.

I like Okami for what I said in an earlier post.

Vemola might beat Leben via top control decision, but I see Leben taking advantage of a tired Vemola after 1-1.5 rounds and getting the TKO win. However, I have heard Leben still doesn't have his personal life in order so this fight may be something to stay away from.

Eddie Wineland is going to stuff Pickett and pick him apart. He might not even have to stuff Pickett because he fights fucking stupid sometimes and decides to "stand and bang" (yes I know he KO'd Jabouin).

TBA is going to beat De Fries.

Michael Johnson is going to outclass Myles Jury...really weird match up. Johnson's line will be too steep though.

Garcia/McKenzie? BOL I just picked the guy with the grappling edge. They both suck. I figure if McKenzie was able to put Yves Edwards into some trouble on the mat he might be able to do the same to Garcia. Nonetheless, this fight is going to be funny.

Don't know enough about Perez/Bloodworth.

I have no idea about Cain/JDS. I bet junior in the first fight because of Cain comin off surgery. Not sure who wins, but I did bet Cain Dec.

Cain/JDS: the first one ended so fast it is hard to tell. Frankly I wouldn't feel comfortable betting either side.
    Weidman over Boetsche for above reasons. I think he gets him to the ground quickly and probably taps him out.
    Davis as well. Forrest doesn't hit really hard and he probably doesn't have the takedown defense to keep it standing very much. On the ground, Forrest may be able to come up with something but I doubt it.

Belcher/OkamiL I actually feel like Belcher is a good bet in this one. MAybe not a great bet but a good one. He has been looking really good lately. I think he is probably the more diverse and effective striker standing. More power and more varied strikes. Muay thai to be specific. Yushin is more of a boxer and doesn't pack a huge punch. On the ground I don't know who is better. The wrestling is hard for me to say. I haven't really seen enough of Belchers fights to say who the better wrestler is. It might be Yushin and that might be the deciding factor. If Yushin can get top control and hold Belcher down he might be able to win the fight. Close one. If Yushin wins it is because of wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Forrest doesn't hit really hard and he probably doesn't have the takedown defense to keep it standing very much.

If Tito Ortiz could hit 3 takedowns against Griffin at 148 and 3 at UFC 106, I think Phil Davis should be able to seal the deal here in this fight. Hate the -300 price, but it's parlay material (most likely with Weidman).

I am just going to straight up say Phil Davis at anything better than -500 is a GIFT in this fight. What is Forrest going to do from his back for 3 rounds? How can Forrest stuff Phil Davis takedowns if he couldn't even stuff the takedowns of a retiring Tito Ortiz (btw I think Forrest completely lost that fight)? A super prime Rashad had 5 rounds to stop Phil and couldn't. How could Forrest even come close to pulling off an upset finish when the last time he stopped anyone was 5 years ago and that stoppage was against Shogun which was more of a hardcore exhaustion stoppage on Shogun's part rather than the power and finishing ability of Forrest. And lastly, Lil Nog couldn't do anything from his back against Phil so what is Forrest going to be able to do? Yes, I used MMA Math and I'm going to call it that Phil Davis is a LOCK against Forrest and has value up to -500.

The best thing that can happen to Forrest is for him to get injured and have to pull out because I don't see how he can even win unless by DQ due to knees on the ground or punches to the back of the head.

Obviously can't call it a "lock" in my opinion, but you're right. He really does not have a clear path to victory.

Alan Belcher vs Yushin Okami - 3 rounds - UFC 155 propositions
    Sat 12/29 1403 Belcher/Okami goes 3 round distance +100
    10:00PM 1404 Fight won't go 3 round distance -140

I don't get this line. Obviously it's a mistake because the Sonnen fight is off, but "Not Forrest Griffin ITD" only -190?!?!?

Forrest Griffin vs Chael Sonnen - 3 rounds - UFC 155 propositions
    Sat 12/29 1105 Griffin wins inside distance +150
    11:00PM 1106 Not Griffin inside distance -190

I went ahead and put 2.5 units on Okami/Belcher goes distance at even money.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Belcher/OkamiL I actually feel like Belcher is a good bet in this one. MAybe not a great bet but a good one. He has been looking really good lately. I think he is probably the more diverse and effective striker standing. More power and more varied strikes. Muay thai to be specific. Yushin is more of a boxer and doesn't pack a huge punch. On the ground I don't know who is better. The wrestling is hard for me to say. I haven't really seen enough of Belchers fights to say who the better wrestler is. It might be Yushin and that might be the deciding factor. If Yushin can get top control and hold Belcher down he might be able to win the fight. Close one. If Yushin wins it is because of wrestling.
    I think Okami's going to have a hard time getting him down and on the feet I favor Belcher. I wish I could've gotten Belcher at +140. I think he's the right play as a dog for sure.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I don't get this line. Obviously it's a mistake because the Sonnen fight is off, but "Not Forrest Griffin ITD" only -190?!?!?

Forrest Griffin vs Chael Sonnen - 3 rounds - UFC 155 propositions
    Sat 12/29 1105 Griffin wins inside distance +150
    11:00PM 1106 Not Griffin inside distance -190
    Sat 12/29 1103 Griffin/Davis goes 3 round distance +150
    11:30PM 1104 Fight won't go 3 round distance -190

They fixed it. I bet the Not Griffin ITD but they deleted it and emailed me saying they incorrectly worded the prop.

Also, this fight to go the distance at +150?!?!? I'm in.