Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 151 Cancelled - Oh lawd

UFC 151 Cancelled - Oh lawd

With Dan Henderson (29-8 MMA, 6-2 UFC) injured, the UFC has canceled next week's UFC 151 event.

Henderson was scheduled to fight UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones (16-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) in the headliner of the top-heavy pay-per-view card.

According to UFC president Dana White, recent middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen (28-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC) offered to take the bout, but Jones told him he wouldn't fight him on eight days' notice. That drew White's rage, as evident on today's media call.

UFC 151 was slated to take place next Saturday, Sept. 1, at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. It's not clear what will happen to the card's other 10 matchups.

According to White, Jones now will fight Lyoto Machida (18-3 MMA, 10-3 UFC) in the headliner of UFC 152, which take place Sept. 22 at Toronto's Air Canada Centre.

According to White, Henderson, who was competing for the first time since a Fight of the Year win over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in November, suffered a partial MCL tear. White isn't sure of a time table for the fighter's return.

"He tried to train and tried to continue to work out," White said of Henderson's knee injury. "He saw doctors, and there was nothing we could do to save that fight."

Stay tuned for more on this story.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

BOL, that fag was scared of Sonnen.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Dana was fuckin raging on the conference call.

I think Jones would have destroyed Chael, but Dana is acting like a fuckin cry baby because he is trying to make Bones play the company man role and fight Chael.

I know it blows the card got cancelled, and it sucks for the other guys on the card, but dealwithit.gif

Jones is such a fucking baby bitch. Whether Chael deserved the shot or not the risk is so minimal and everything works in Jones favor. All he had to do was step up and dominate a guy who just fought last month, who hasn't fought at 205 in years, who hasn't been training for a fight, and who doesn't have the skillset to do jack shit to Jones. This guy just fucked over every person involved in this card. From the venue, to concessions people, to the fans who bought plane tickets and reserved hotel rooms, to the 18 other fighters who were supposed to fight on the card that paid for training camps that will now have to continue to pay for camps until they can fight on another card sometime in the next couple months.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Looking forward to hearing the conference call. Was reading Dana White was fucking pissed...said if Jones won't fight Machida in Toronto there is going to be an even worse conference call today (hinting Jones would be cut).

I think Jones fucked a lot of people over with his decision today...like MAJORLY, but he definitely set himself up for some big paydays in the future as long as he keeps winning. Jones is now the ultimate heel of the UFC.

Imagine the build up to a potential Sonnen/Jones fight with all the shit that just happened today? Jones would make A LOT more money for a Sonnen fight with more than 8 days of promotion. The only thing is, there are a lot of people that say this does not look good to all the big money sponsors for Jones which might cost him...I don't know if that is true, but just what I read

I guess Chris Weidman even offered to fight Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Jones is such a fucking baby bitch. Whether Chael deserved the shot or not the risk is so minimal and everything works in Jones favor. All he had to do was step up and dominate a guy who just fought last month, who hasn't fought at 205 in years, who hasn't been training for a fight, and who doesn't have the skillset to do jack shit to Jones. This guy just fucked over every person involved in this card. From the venue, to concessions people, to the fans who bought plane tickets and reserved hotel rooms, to the 18 other fighters who were supposed to fight on the card that paid for training camps that will now have to continue to pay for camps until they can fight on another card sometime in the next couple months.

Amen
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Jon Jones' new Nike slogan:

"Don't do it"

LOL

I keep checking Bones wiki page, nobody fucked with it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Jon Jones' new Nike slogan:

"Don't do it"
    Which applies to everything except drinking and driving.

Which applies to everything except drinking and driving.
    In that case, its Just DUI it

@bisping: Jones said he's not fighting chael on 8 days notice. I did. .... Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Looking forward to hearing the conference call. Was reading Dana White was fucking pissed...said if Jones won't fight Machida in Toronto there is going to be an even worse conference call today (hinting Jones would be cut).
    I dare the UFC to cut Jones.

Fuck that, I support Jones here. He wants to win, and he wants to be prepared... he didn't cancel the whole event, the UFC did.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I dare the UFC to cut Jones.

Fuck that, I support Jones here. He wants to win, and he wants to be prepared... he didn't cancel the whole event, the UFC did.
    But he WAS prepared. Dude has been training for a fight with someone who has almost the exact skillset as Chael this whole time. The only difference is the guy Jones was training for has the one punch power Chael doesn't have.

But he WAS prepared. Dude has been training for a fight with someone who has almost the exact skillset as Chael this whole time. The only difference is the guy Jones was training for has the one punch power Chael doesn't have.
    Hendo and Sonnen are completely different fighters IMO. Sonnen is going bum rush and work takedowns for 25 minutes. Hendo is probably going to stand clich, and gas after 10 minutes. They were both wrestlers, that's where the similarities end IMO. The end result is the obviously the same (Jones wins)... but I don't think he has to be a good little bitch and take that figh, if I were Jones I would have said no too. Also, why would Sonnen be the guy, how about a legit 205er? Davis, Gustaffson, Machida. Also, as mentioned, it is a waste, assuming Jones gets PPV cuts, a match with Sonnen needs time to build up.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Fucking preach it, brother!

This shit is goddamned RETARDED!

Hendo getting injured sucks, Jones refusing to fight Sonnen also sucks, and the UFC cancelling the whole fucking event really sucks, too. I don't get it . . . there were some solid fights on that card . . . why not just bump Ellenberger/Hieron up or throw some money at a couple of guys to put a new main event together?
    I heart cock