Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 151 Cancelled - Oh lawd

What sucks, is I rarely bet MMA fights, and the last couple I wanted to get in on got cancelled.

Vitor over Wandy
    Bones over Hendo

inb4Mirdropsout
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Not only has this screwed over all the fans that bought tickets, non refundable airfare, took off work, made arrangements, etc... but think of all the fighters. Fighters that put in full camps, flew people in that helped them trains, etc. By the time I am actually fight, I spend close to 20k between corners, flights, expenses, coaches, etc... and then to have the whole show cancelled because ONE guy didn't want to fight. This ONE guy that had trained an entire camp, who was the CHAMP and at the top of his weight class, who was going to fight someone who didn't do the camp, and was fighting UP a weight class.
    -Joe Lauzon

Pros React to Henderson Injury, Jon Jones Turning Down Chael Sonnen, Cancellation of UFC 151
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/8/23...-151-cancelled

Jones would have been stripped if he hadn't taken the Machida fight, per 'someone who knows.'

Jeff Hougland ‏@JeffHougland @JonnyBones Can I at least get one of your new Nike T-shirts? I'll give it to my kid since I won't have any money for her school clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    -Joe Lauzon
    I don't think Jones has the authority to cancel an event. The UFC cancelled the event because they didn't think they would make enough money without Jones... I don't see how Lauzon blames Jones. If anything, he should be raging at the greed of the UFC.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

"And therefore those skilled in war bring the enemy to the field of battle and are not brought there by him" - Sun Tzu
    — Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones)

What the fuck does that even mean? This negro is trolling.

Man these fighters are some whiny little bitches. I mean, Jones should have accepted the fight, but it is not his fault that they don't have the name power to main event a card.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Jeff Hougland ‏@JeffHougland @JonnyBones Can I at least get one of your new Nike T-shirts? I'll give it to my kid since I won't have any money for her school clothes.
    Man, this guy got some major heat from the locker room. They gonna fuckin high five when he finally loses, like they did in K1 when Overeem lost to Hari.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    What the fuck does that even mean? This negro is trolling.
    It means, he chooses when to fight, he is not called to action to fight. It is of course false, as he gets told when and where he fights...

I think he should just say "STFU bitches, get better and you can headline a card yourself. Don't cry at me... maybe if I treated my career as recklessly as you do, I would have to depend on a better fighter to ensure my checks too." He should just go full heel on them.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    It means, he chooses when to fight, he is not called to action to fight. It is of course false, as he gets told when and where he fights...

I think he should just say "STFU bitches, get better and you can headline a card yourself. Don't cry at me... maybe if I treated my career as recklessly as you do, I would have to depend on a better fighter to ensure my checks too." He should just go full heel on them.
    Even though it was exactly this kind of situation that got Jones a title shot to begin with. Rashad blew out his knee when he was supposed to fight Shogun in February 2011, Jones got the call immediately following his fight with Bader because of that. Now he's too good to pay it back? That's fucking stupid.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Even though it was exactly this kind of situation that got Jones a title shot to begin with. Rashad blew out his knee when he was supposed to fight Shogun in February 2011, Jones got the call immediately following his fight with Bader because of that. Now he's too good to pay it back? That's fucking stupid.
    Oh I am not saying he isn't a punk ass, I think he should take a fight, any fight... just that he doesn't owe anything to the other fighters on the card.

Oh I am not saying he isn't a punk ass, I think he should take a fight, any fight... just that he doesn't owe anything to the other fighters on the card.
    Thats kinda where Im at. I dont like the guy, but I cant hate on him for looking out for himself and not giving a shit about anyone else.

That said, I cannot wait till this fool gets knocked the fuck out now.

Not on a personal level, no. But his refusal to be a professional, a champion, and a man here cost 20 other dudes paychecks. It is his refusal to amicable in any way about this that led to these guys now having to to fly back home and tell their families they won't be bringing home a paycheck this time around.

Jones has got to be the dumbest fucking "businessman" on the planet. In one fell swoop he manages to fuck over the company he works for, his boss, his co-workers, and his customers all in the same action. That has to be some kind of record.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    Thats kinda where Im at. I dont like the guy, but I cant hate on him for looking out for himself and not giving a shit about anyone else.

That said, I cannot wait till this fool gets knocked the fuck out now.
    I would love to see Machida do it. He and Gustaffson are really the only ones I can see having a chance at this point. Maybe Cormier will drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Not on a personal level, no. But his refusal to be a professional, a champion, and a man here cost 20 other dudes paychecks. It is his refusal to amicable in any way about this that led to these guys now having to to fly back home and tell their families they won't be bringing home a paycheck this time around.
    See, that is really the only part I disagree with... the UFC can put the event on if they want. They have done worse cards. It isn't Jones' fault the UFC canceled it.

Damn, the official press release:

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-151-canc...release-082312

Official website is going hard on Jones

White explained: “UFC 151 will be remembered as the event Jon Jones and Greg Jackson murdered.”

LOL

What else does he have to do? Is there a local wine tasting at the local race track I don't know about?
    Sonnen on Sportscenter in regards to why Jones won't fight him in 8 days.

Weren't you just saying earlier that you support Jones in turning down the fight?
    I heart cock

Haha this shit is hysterical all the crybaby bitching going on. I'm actually beginning to like Jon Jones.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit