Thread: First Live Blue Belt Stripe 1 Test From Gracie Home Study Course Student

First Live Blue Belt Stripe 1 Test From Gracie Home Study Course Student

Scientist?

I heart cock

Already saw it. It makes me sad, so i dont want to talk about it.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Sad why? Dude looked like he was doing pretty well to me.

I often don't understand why so many people in martial arts have such an adverse reaction to the idea of self-study/DVD training. I don't think it's as good as having a live instructor, but I do think you can learn a lot of shit that way.
    I heart cock

America, marketing, the individual vs. the group, a slippery slope. It is basically the commercialization of something I value and want to keep as pure as possible. It makes it worse that it is the gracie academy that does it. They have already started doing the mcdojo line "we don't train for competition, we train for self defense" which is the first step toward 9 year old blackbelts. Pretty much all effective combats arts are sports. It is the only way to keep it legit, prove it on the mat. These gracie garage blue belts are just assinine, some are pretty ok, like the guy in the vid, and then some are basically garbage. That is the same way with real blue belts too, but at least the real sucky blue belts have taken their lumps and have a more realistic view of their place in the world.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u