STRIKE POINT SPORTS

NFL Selections:

7-Unit Play. Take #200 New England (-13.5) over Arizona (1 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 16)
Note: This is our NFL Blowout Game of the Year.
New England just may win this game by 30+. The only negative that I could find is that the Patriots play the Baltimore Ravens next week. Then I thought to myself and realized that the Patriots are a professional organization by all accounts and their coaching staff and Tom Brady don't get caught in look-ahead games. Last season the Patriots were playing Kansas City and they were favored by 17. They had the Eagles the next week and many people thought they would come out flat due to the big game the next weekend. New England went on to beat the Chiefs 34-3 to cover that 17-point line with ease. This week's matchup should be eerily similar to that one as New England dominates from the opening whistle. Arizona is in a tough spot as they had a come from behind victory last weekend in a game where they lost their starting QB, and now they have to travel all the way to the East Coast for a 1 p.m., game. The Cards are just 6-13 ATS in their last 19 road games. In their recent history New England is 4-0 ATS in their last four meetings. Look for New England's new defensive youngsters to get all over Kevin Kolb, causing turnovers which lead to short fields and quick points for the Patriots highly potent offense. Arizona will struggle to contain both the Patriots passing attack and their newfound running game with Steven Ridley. The Patriots were 3-1 ATS last season when saddled with double-digit lines including their 45-10 drubbing of the Broncos in the playoffs. This early in the season New England will keep the pressure on until the end to make a statement to the league that they are still the class of the AFC.

3-Unit Play. Take #221 Tennessee (+6) over San Diego (4:30 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 16)
Why in the world is San Diego favored by nearly a touchdown? They have absolutely no business being favored over the Titans by this much. San Diego isn't that great of a squad. They barely beat Oakland last week and that was because the Raiders long snapper was rolling the ball to the punter. Tennessee meanwhile is a bit undervalued after their less than stellar showing versus the Patriots last Sunday. New England was favored over Tennessee by nearly this same number and the Chargers are not in the same league as New England. The Titans are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games following a S.U. loss and 3-1-1 ATS in their last three road games. Tennessee is also 20-7 ATS after scoring less than 15 points in their previous game. I see the Titans bouncing back in a big way and quite possible winning this game outright let alone covering the line. San Diego is just not that great a team early in the year. They always seem to play much better as the calendar turns. If this was a home game for the Chargers in December I may be on the other side of the card, but in September I am all over the Titans. San Diego is just 1-4 ATS in their last five September games. Take the points here.