Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: UFC on Fuel TV 5: Struve vs Miocic Live Stream Online

Well, if we started posting about MMA again on a regular basis, people would come. But really poopoo is the only one out there really doing work on the cards consistently. I know you have been posting more lately. That's what the people want, free information that they think will help them bet. Right now, there is no substance to the product, so anyone who stops by, has no incentive to stay unless they just like to bullshit as much as we do.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Yeah, we talk about Woody Allen more than MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Well, if we started posting about MMA again on a regular basis, people would come. But really poopoo is the only one out there really doing work on the cards consistently. I know you have been posting more lately. That's what the people want, free information that they think will help them bet. Right now, there is no substance to the product, so anyone who stops by, has no incentive to stay unless they just like to bullshit as much as we do.

Yeah, that's true. I think we're all a little less interested now. It's not just you. I think the fact that big fights that people get hyped about keep geting canceled doesn't help. When that keeps happening I think you naturally start getting skeptical when something gets announced and then if the fight actually goes down you're just kind of like, "Oh no shit, so this is really happening. . ."

Plus, I think the fact that the UFC at this point pretty much IS the only legit game around doesn't help things either. I have never spent too much time watching JMMA, but I have always liked the fact that it exists and that it's out there. JMMA is pretty much dead now, though. I also enjoyed EXC and SF when they were organizations that actually kinda sorta seemed to be real competition for the UFC.

But having just one org with all the major talent really is kind of boring.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Yeah, we talk about Woody Allen more than MMA.
    Well Woody Allen is awesome.
    I heart cock

^^ yeah, that is true. I remember when I used to look at every single fight on every card. I was hyped for the Bellator Season to start because there were money opportunities there. I haven't even considered watching Bellator recently. Stikeforce is less interesting as a Zuffa product. It does give you some appreciation for what boxing has been through. JMMA is gone forever most likely, though I never really liked it much, the NYE cards were must watch.

For me personally, though, the ability to be a fan has sort of left me. I still like MMA, but since I don't really care who wins, it has lost a lot for me. I am the new Luke.

I already negged him.

Zak, make him put an IWS link on his site. Actually nevermind, nothing can revive IWS at this point.
    I actually pm'd him about that.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Yeah, that's true. I think we're all a little less interested now. It's not just you. I think the fact that big fights that people get hyped about keep geting canceled doesn't help. When that keeps happening I think you naturally start getting skeptical when something gets announced and then if the fight actually goes down you're just kind of like, "Oh no shit, so this is really happening. . ."

Plus, I think the fact that the UFC at this point pretty much IS the only legit game around doesn't help things either. I have never spent too much time watching JMMA, but I have always liked the fact that it exists and that it's out there. JMMA is pretty much dead now, though. I also enjoyed EXC and SF when they were organizations that actually kinda sorta seemed to be real competition for the UFC.

But having just one org with all the major talent really is kind of boring.

You left out the part about The UFC killing the sport by promoting those fuckin midgets that cant knock each other out.

I dont wanna see point fighting, fuck those midgets!

Fuck your attitude!

The FLWs are awesome! As are the BWs, FWs and LWs!

War little guys!

BTW, you do realize that Benavidez knocked out Urushitani to punch his ticket to the final, right?
    I heart cock

I hate to discriminate, but I don't enjoy the Fly Weights either. I especially don't want to see a bunch of 135 title rejects fighting it out to be the 125 pound champ. There are maybe 2 or 3 guys at 135 that are ok, but the rest of the division can suck my balls. 145 is where the action picks up IMO, but I see no reason why they can't be in 155. I mean Aldo and Edgar are fine at 155.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Fuck your attitude!

The FLWs are awesome! As are the BWs, FWs and LWs!

War little guys!

BTW, you do realize that Benavidez knocked out Urushitani to punch his ticket to the final, right?

I went and took a shit when those niggas were fighting.

I think we need to give the FLW division some time to develop. It's obviously thin right now.

But there was a time when the top guys at 145 were Faber, Mike Brown and Leonard Garcia. Now it's a pretty damn good division.
    I heart cock

I am thinking about starting up a fairly big bankroll for 2013. Maybe 15k. I am sick of working at walgreens and I either have to go back to school or try and make it as a gambler. I made a 200 percent return last year in the first seven months. I think if I can actually have success somewhat similar to that and I use a rolling bankroll I can have a shot at it after maybe a year or so. By rolling I mean that my bankroll increases in size after every win. Ex: 15000k bankroll. Bet 1500 to win 1000. New bankroll: 16000.

The only thing that concerns me is being in the right frame of mind and being able to dedicate myself to this. I think I can do it. I did it once before. Well there are two things that concern me. Frame of mind and the FBI. They took out poker and they can probably do the same thing to sports betting if they want to.

My best defense against that is splitting up my money between bookies. I was thinking 5dimes, Bookmaker and BetDSI. They all seem like they are the most legit. I would like to bet with established books that have a lot of business outside of America. I figure they are more likely to find a way to pay Americans their balance if the FBI goes after them just to maintian their reputation.

I was thinking about having a 15k bankroll, 300 dollar units but only 12.5k in the books. I would want to have enough in the books to cover all bets and withstand losses if they hit me in succession.

What does everyone think of my plan?

Also I have been reading a little about Canada. People have been able to move their for Poker but I think it is hard. It would be a long way away but I think in order to quit a job and go pro it would require living in Canada, at least temporarily. That would give me access to Pinnacle and the other international bookies. The only problem is I would have to rent an apartment there which would be a continuous cost. I know I can get a VPN to mask my IP address when on Pinny and those sites but I dont know how reliable that is. If it fucks up once then I am out for good.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I was thinking about having a 15k bankroll, 300 dollar units but only 12.5k in the books. I would want to have enough in the books to cover all bets and withstand losses if they hit me in succession.

What does everyone think of my plan?
    I think a continuous bankroll is good. That's what I used to do. Now I cut it off at 10k, but if I were ever to ramp up my betting again, I would go back to re-adjusting my unit size continuously.

If you have a 15k effective bankroll, you probably don't really need more than 5k in the books at once. I think it would be rare to have more than 1/3rd of your roll committed to bets at a given time.

I would think the hardest part about the Canadian plan is getting permission from the Canadian govt. to live there.

The reason I would want more than 5k is because if I have a really bad event and lose 5+ units my back is up against the wall. I don't want to have that kind of pressure. I feel I would probably operate better with more security. I could be wrong of course. Let's say 15 units is the most I would have on one night. That is 4500 dollars. Having 9000 in there is probably a good idea. Maybe 7500. Somewhere around there.

I like you plan, but like i said last year, i dont think it is possible have 200% years consistentlty. If it could be done, you would quickly become ultra rich. It just isnt going to happen. If you could do 50%, you would be the greatest that ever lived. Basically, you need more money.

I'm going to do something similar in 2013. Bigger bankroll, bigger unit sizes. I might move up to around $100 a unit. If I bet any other sport besides MMA, I will only bet to win a unit, nothing more, that will be my max. If I ever break that rule, I give Zak permission to ban me. I really think I am getting a hang of this MMA betting thing finally.

I like you plan, but like i said last year, i dont think it is possible have 200% years consistentlty. If it could be done, you would quickly become ultra rich. It just isnt going to happen. If you could do 50%, you would be the greatest that ever lived. Basically, you need more money.
    Yeah i hear you. It is a fine line between winning and losing. I remember how motivated i was then. I was thinking about it everyday. Now i am in the hole but i do think its possible to get there again. Keep in mind that my 200 percent return was without a rolling bankroll and in seven months. I think my return would increase a lot if my unit size were constantly increasing. Provided i could keep winning.

A rolling bankroll/unit size changing is something I would like to do. However, it kind of gets messed up when you bet on a fight far away and your bankroll changes constantly before that fight even comes around

I dont usually bet on fights far away.