Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 159

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Dan's always getting screwed out of title fights by the UFC. Remember when he left the last time because DW kept giving him the run around about getting a rematch with Silva?
    yeah like when the UFC blew his knee up. Diabolical.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Dude speaks the truth:

Former top middleweight contender Chael Sonnen shot back Wednesday at fighters who expressed disapproval that he has been granted a title shot against UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones."Welcome to life. We don't deserve things, you get what you get," said Sonnen during a media call to officially announce that he and Jones will be rival coaches on next season's version of 'The Ultimate Fighter.'

Sonnen

"And let's understand, not one of those fighters said, 'Hey Dana, I'll fight Chael. Hey Dana, let me prove that I am the No. 1 contender. Let me fight that guy.' Not one of them," he said. "They all sat there and said their little things. But I called everyone one of those bastards out and I'll call them out right now.
    "I have no problem getting a tune-up fight and slapping anyone of those guys around, including the karate kid."
    Sonnen's last comment was directed at Lyoto Machida. The former UFC light-heavyweight champion was among Sonnen's harshest critics.
    "With all respect, but for me, Chael does not deserve the title shot," Machida said Wednesday on Twitter. "I would like to know what he (has) done in (the) light heavyweight division (to) deserve (it)!"
    Machida wasn't alone in questioning Sonnen's status as a valid light-heavyweight title contender. Former Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Dan Henderson also took to Twitter and chimed in on the matter.
    "I guess I should just quit training to win fights and be exciting for the fans and just go to (trash) talking school," Henderson said.
    Follow us on Twitter

Don't miss a moment of the latest MMA coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join ยป

Henderson was slated to face Jones on Sept. 1 at UFC 151 in Las Vegas. But he suffered a partial MCL tear that forced him to withdraw from the bout.
    UFC president Dana White then offered the bout to Machida, who declined to take the fight on short notice.
    Sonnen (17-12-1) then tossed his hat into the mix, agreeing to step in for Henderson and face Jones. But the champion decided against fighting Sonnen on eight days' notice and UFC 151 was canceled.
    Jones (17-1) went go on to defeat Vitor Belfort on Sept. 22 at UFC 152 in Toronto. But Jones suffered an elbow injury during the bout that is expected to sideline him until April.
    Jones and Sonnen are scheduled to fight on April 27. White said the fight could take place in New Jersey.
    "Dan Henderson had the opportunity for the (title) fight; he got injured," White said on the media call. "He got injured, now Jones is injured. Jones is injured until April.
    The UFC had looked into holding the Jones-Henderson fight in February, according to a report by Yahoo! Sports, but apparently lingering issues with Henderson's knee and Jones' elbow forced them in a new direction.
    "Every one of these guys who is (complaining) about a title shot now were offered the fight and turned it down. They refused to fight Jon Jones.
    "Now they are bummed out because Chael stepped up on eight days' notice and he's going to coach 'The Ultimate Fighter' and fight him."
    For his part, Jones (17-1) stated he wanted the Sonnen fight after previously resisting the idea.
    The 25-year-old champion received a lot of criticism for turning down the initial fight against Sonnen on short notice in September and says he views the pairing as an opportunity to put that experience behind him.
    "I'm injured," Jones said. "I have nothing to do but to try to heal, be in Vegas working with some of the best physical therapists I can, put Chael Sonnen behind me and to give the fans what they want. All in one go."
    The fight against Jones will be Sonnen's first since July 7, when he was knocked out by middleweight champion Anderson Silva in the second round at UFC 148 in Las Vegas.
    Sonnen has not competed at light heavyweight since Oct. 7, 2005, when he was submitted by Renato Sobral in the second round at UFC 55. That fight took place at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Conn.
    Sonnen has promised a close fight with Jones in April. "I've been on both sides of an a-- whipping," Sonnen said. "That's something Jon hasn't. Jon's been very dominant. He's also fought a lot of guys who are timid and afraid to get in a fight. I'm going to walk out there and get in a fistfight."
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Rashad and Machida would kill Sonnen. I would like to see Machida/Sonnen, but I don't think it would be very competitive.

Sonnen would have a chance with Hendo IMO.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Rashad and Machida would kill Sonnen. I would like to see Machida/Sonnen, but I don't think it would be very competitive.

Sonnen would have a chance with Hendo IMO.
    Truth......
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Sonnen/Machida interests me, we've never really seen anybody just rush Machida and shoot...see what Rampage did to Machida? I think Sonnen COULD do it faster and get the fight down. I still think Machida would win though.

I believe Sonnen would beat Hendo 30-27.

What did Rampage do to him?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I believe Sonnen would beat Hendo 30-27.
    Yeah, have to agree. It would be Jake Shields all over again.

Speaking of, did you guys see Shields was taking PEDs? Not really surprised by anyone anymore, but I guess because he is all vegan and shit, I would not have guess that.

I didn't hear that. Is he just being all open about it?
    I heart cock

Jake Shields announced last week that he had failed his post-fight drug test following a win over Ed Herman at UFC 150: Henderson vs. Edgar II. The Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies' Boxing Commission confirmed with MMAjunkie.com on Monday that Shields' victory has been changed to a no-contest.
    Also, Shields will be suspended for six months, as he reported himself. The substance which caused the failed test has yet to be announced.

Rightm but if it wasn't performance enhancing, I don't think it would have been turned into a no contest. I don't think they do no-contests for pot? Maybe they do. But I think if it was pot, he would just say that, rather than allow the speculation. It shouldn't have been a duiretic, since it was at MW. I deduce it was a steroid.

That's pretty interesting. I guess we'll see how that shakes out.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    That's pretty interesting. I guess we'll see how that shakes out.
    Maybe, the UFC obviously does not care at all about PED use. They have pretty much stopped even pretending to care. Unless some journalist makes a stink about it, that will probably be the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Rightm but if it wasn't performance enhancing, I don't think it would have been turned into a no contest. I don't think they do no-contests for pot? Maybe they do. But I think if it was pot, he would just say that, rather than allow the speculation. It shouldn't have been a duiretic, since it was at MW. I deduce it was a steroid.
    Nick Diaz' win over Gomi was changed to a no contest when he tested positive for pot I think.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

It was

A couple of UFC 159 fight announcements were just made: Cheick Kongo will face Roy "Big Country" Nelson, and Phil Mr. Wonderful Davis' Fan Page will take on Vinny Magalhaes.

Pretty sure Vinny gonna get murdered.

Kongo/Roy should be interesting.
    I heart cock

Yeah, Davis will just outstrike him.

I like Roy Nelson in this one.

I'll take Kongo at +150 or better.
    I heart cock

Jim Miller vs. Strikeforce import Pat Healy booked for UFC 159 in New Jersey

Davis/Vinny is interesting, only because I want to see Vinny's strategy. He can't take down and he can't strike with him... he would have to clinch him and pull guard, that is his only out.