Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: World Series of Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Arlovski might be a decent bet, -210 now. Would rather throw him in a parlay though. I don't think Devin Cole is going to KO him or get him down for any significant amount of time. How did Arlovski do in the Sylvia fight fairly recently? I never saw it.
    I only saw the ending, but I heard that AA did not look that great until the KO. He was apparently letting Sylvia push him up against the cage at will and was making very good use of footwork. But then he got the KO.
    I heart cock

I think Anthony Johnson will beat DJ Linderman. Will pick him apart, probably get TDs of his own, I don't see Linderman being able to get any type of top control decision here.

I don't know enough about Linderman to make a bet on that shit. Especially since AJ has been flaky, like you said.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I don't know enough about Linderman to make a bet on that shit. Especially since AJ has been flaky, like you said.
    Linderman is a tough guy that didn't really cut it in the Bellator LHW tournament. And all those guys pretty much suck. Johnson will do pretty well in this fight I think. Watched vids on Linderman this morning and not too sure he will get it done.

X, we got the Harris line at a bad time

AJ has this. Linderman is a solid guy, good chin and all but not talented enough to beat Johnson. Linderman usually wins via wrestling either offensively or defensively. I remember watching his fight with Hale and it was awful, he couldnt take him down and his standup was rudimentary.

Moraes is a muay thai champion from brazil. He started training Brazilian jiu jitsu when he was 15. I don't get the impression from the interviews that he trained that extensively. I do think Miguel has a big advantage on the ground however a lot will come down to his ability to get the fight there. Standing I would think Moraes has the advantage if he can get past having to strike while preventing takedowns. Its a tough call but I think Miguel is probably a reasonable bet to win here.

Brian Bobb/Ronnys Torres. I don't know much about Cobb because I really haven't watched any of his fights. Accroding to his wiki page he is a pretty skilled Division 1 wrestler. PAC 10 qualifier and division finalist. Torres is pretty hard to contain from what I have seen. Volkmann had trouble with him and he is a very good wrestler/grappler. Though he is pretty one dimensional. Ronnyes seems like a really good fighter IMO that will probably beat Cobb. It is just a gut feeling that is mostly reliant on the fact that I think Ronnys is a badass. He fought 8 times in 2011 with 6 stoppages. My only real fear is a Cobb lay and pray. I just read an interview with Cobb that stated Ronys Torres is a jiu jitsu world champ. I did not know that. I am still not sure about this one.

I only saw the ending, but I heard that AA did not look that great until the KO. He was apparently letting Sylvia push him up against the cage at will and was making very good use of footwork. But then he got the KO.
    Devin Cole is an all american wrestler according to wiki. DJ linderman claims he will submit AJ.

What weight class is AJ versus Linderman?

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    X, we got the Harris line at a bad time
    I noticed that. Should've waited I guess, but I was actually thinking it might get worse.
    I heart cock

I noticed that. Should've waited I guess, but I was actually thinking it might get worse.
    It was down to -175!

Damn, no shit? That's crazy.

Burkman lost to Pete Sell! Pete Sell, everybody!
    I heart cock

http://www.sherdog.com/events/WSOF-1...-vs-Cole-24535

WSOF's undercard begins at 7:45 ET with a live stream on Sherdog
    The main card starts on NBC Sports Network or whatever at 10:30 ET.

See you guys in the chat.