Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 156

Thanks for the +150 heads up. Just put 2 units on him

Dunham - Tibau is an interesting one. I feel like Tibau can probably control a lot of the action in the wrestling department. I wouldn't be surpised to see Dunham land some takedowns or pose a threat in that department but overally Tibau is big and strong as an ox. Dunham is somewhat lanky. Dunham did do beat Shamar Bailey and he is a d3 college wrestler. On the other hand, Sean sherk was able to hold him against the fence long enough to win a semi BS decision. Could be close. I thought Gleison won his fight against Nurmagomedov with more accurate striking. Dunham beat the crap out of Nik lentz but he is tiny. Tough call. I guess I lean Tibau.

Another thing I just noticed, Tibau is fighting guys that are straight up bigger as well. Dunhams wins over Lentz, Tyson griffin and maybe even Efrain are somewhat tainted by the fact that they could all be fighting at 145. Maybe not so much Efrain but the other two for sure. Shamar is a big guy but he hasn't done very well in MMA. I don't know, my gut tells me Tibau by being the bigger guy because Dunham isn't going to be able to edge him out skill wise in any area.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Thanks for the +150 heads up. Just put 2 units on him
    My pleasure.

I think Dunham is technically the better striker than Tibau but wrestlers and guys that can get inside and bully him do well. I was really high on Dunham in the past but I don't think he is as good as I give him credit for. It's a close fight for sure. Curious to see the line on the fight and the line on the distance prop.

Rashad/ NOG:

Rashad is the type of guy that gives little nog problems. That said, little Nog has fought four wrestlers in a row. The last one he faced he demolished, granted it was Tito but still. He hasn't done bad against them, he usually makes it competitive. I'm sure Rashads line will be shitty. I don't think this one really needs much explaining. Rashad takes him down for 3 rounds or gets stopped.

Bigfoot/Overeem: I like Overeem in this one. I think his standup will be worlds better and I don't think Silva will be able to push him around. Bigfoot isn't much for shooting double legs is he? I can't remember him ever doing it. In his last fight against Travis Browne he won after Browne injured his leg. He even kicked him in the injured leg according to the PBP. Dirty. Cain and Cormier both knocked him out. Cormier knocked him out on the feet and he is a wrestler. Fedor was outstriking him in their first round before Bigfoot used his size to put Fedor on the ground. Aside from that he was outstruck by Fabricio werdum a while back, had a comeback win against Mike Kyle and beat Arlovski. I don't think he is that great. He is ok, usually his size helps him IMO.

Overeem hung in Werdums guard and stuffed a Brock Lesnar takedown attempt. This is enough to make me think he can keep it standing and outstrike Silva.

I think Dunham is technically the better striker than Tibau but wrestlers and guys that can get inside and bully him do well. I was really high on Dunham in the past but I don't think he is as good as I give him credit for. It's a close fight for sure. Curious to see the line on the fight and the line on the distance prop.
    Maybe your right about the striking, I don't really now. I could def see Tibau putting him up against the fence. He likes to do that and he has a good chin on him, at least it appears that way. He rarely gets knocked out. I would be suprised to see Dunham do it.

Edman:

I will probably play Rashad and Overeem. I am a little worried about Rashad though. Nog can hit pretty damn hard, has good takedown defense and submissions. I don't see Bigfoot as a major threat to Overeem aside from the fact that he is big and can hit hard.

I agree with you on Rashad/Lil Nog. I do not think Rashad stops him though so I plan to bet him small by decision. Right now it is -168 but I think that price will get better fight time.

As for Reem vs Bigfoot, I am picking Reem but I am not laying the juice. In a heavyweight fight where the guy who is -380 hasn't fought in 14 months and most likely had to come off of his special supplements for periods of time, and has a very questionable gas tank, I am going to bet the other side. It won't be a big bet on Bigfoot or anything, but it's worth a play to me. The UFC is pretty much fucked if Bigfoot wins though.

I agree with you on Rashad/Lil Nog. I do not think Rashad stops him though so I plan to bet him small by decision. Right now it is -168 but I think that price will get better fight time.

As for Reem vs Bigfoot, I am picking Reem but I am not laying the juice. In a heavyweight fight where the guy who is -380 hasn't fought in 14 months and most likely had to come off of his special supplements for periods of time, and has a very questionable gas tank, I am going to bet the other side. It won't be a big bet on Bigfoot or anything, but it's worth a play to me. The UFC is pretty much fucked if Bigfoot wins though.
    Yeah its a rough call to make. That is a good point about the layoff. I didn't realize it was so long.

Jacob Volkmann won't be losing this fight. He will be like -400 but who cares

I will be on Maia for sure. I will probably bet Erick Silva too. I think Rashad should beat Nog, but I am not betting against Nog in Brazil.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I will be on Maia for sure. I will probably bet Erick Silva too. I think Rashad should beat Nog, but I am not betting against Nog in Brazil.
    The fight is in Vegas.

The fight is in Vegas.
    oh. Then I may bet Rashad.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    oh. Then I may bet Rashad.
    Would you bet on him straight? Or would you just play him by decision? Lil Nog has only been stopped once and that was that 20 second KO by that guy from the Predator movie

Yeah, probably via decision based on the line. Nog is pretty hard to stop, and Rashad is not a great finisher.

I'm goin big on Edgar

Big on edgar? He almost got knocked out twice by gray maynard.

I will be betting Edgar as well, but I am not going to go big on it. It will probably only be a half unit play for me. It's a competitive fight imo and I am going to side with the guy with the probable wrestling advantage at better than +200.