Thread: PP's Official Ronda Rousey is coming to the UFC and Strikeforce is FINISHED thread!

PP's Official Ronda Rousey is coming to the UFC and Strikeforce is FINISHED thread!

Bear in mind this is according to TMZ and has not been made official. . .

Report: Strikeforce champ Ronda Rousey becomes first female fighter in UFC history
    I heart cock

WTF??!!!

Females in the UFC? At last?

Strikeforce dead?

Is the apocalypse at hand?!
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Bear in mind this is according to TMZ and has not been made official. . .
    It was official when TMZ posted it.

Well y'all know me, I think this is some pretty great shit. I've been waiting for the women to get their piece of the pie in the UFC for a long time. I think it's deserved. My hopes are that the UFC will sign all the best women and Invicta will act as a feeder org, nurturing developing female talent until their ready for the big show. And all this will cause more women to start seriously training which means in a few years the women's divisions will be deeper than ever. It will be the same thing we've seen in the lighter weight classes over the past several years.

As for SF closing their doors, well, that shit needed to happen as soon as Zuffa bought them really. I miss the old days of when they were a legit org but they haven't been that for a long time. Maybe another org will come along--another SF, another Elite XC--to at least kinda sorta give the UFC some competition and give good fighters who don't get signed by the UFC another opportunity to get seen by a big audience and make some decent money. The best we have is Bellator now but watching Bellator certainly doesn't have that same look and feel as Elite XC did when it was coming on CBS.

Thoughts?
    I heart cock

Well y'all know me, I think this is some pretty great shit. I've been waiting for the women to get their piece of the pie in the UFC for a long time. I think it's deserved. My hopes are that the UFC will sign all the best women and Invicta will act as a feeder org, nurturing developing female talent until their ready for the big show. And all this will cause more women to start seriously training which means in a few years the women's divisions will be deeper than ever. It will be the same thing we've seen in the lighter weight classes over the past several years.
    I really have no interest in Womens MMA, but I cant hate on any of these hoes that wanna do it.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I don't get it. I mean, what is it that doesn't interest you? Is it because the fighters are too light, a la Svino? Or because you think they are not skilled enough, a la Fat Scientist?

Or is it something else?
    I heart cock

I don't get it. I mean, what is it that doesn't interest you? Is it because the fighters are too light, a la Svino? Or because you think they are not skilled enough, a la Fat Scientist?

Or is it something else?
    I agree with both of them on both the size and the skill. I guess its like the WNBA vs the NBA. Same game and all, I just cant get into it.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

The WNBA analogy is a good one. Even when I was actively watching pro ball I didn't get into that shit.

I guess I just don't feel the same way about women's MMA, though. Smaller fighters have never bothered me and, while the women don't have an Anderson Silva type right now, when I watch Kaufman or Tate or Cyborg or Rousey I see skilled fighters.

Women's MMA also just has a different flavor and I think it's nice for a change when we get it.
    I heart cock