Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456712 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 158 MArch 16th

An injury to Sean Pierson had opened up the door for former UFC fighter Quinn Mulhern to make his UFC debut. According to Mulhern on Twitter today, he’ll be taking on Rick Story at UFC 158, which takes place March 16 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Mulhern is the latest Strikeforce fighter to cross over to the UFC, and after seeing his fellow Strikeforce alum go 3-0 at UFC 156, there’s no doubt he’ll be motivated to pick up a big win over Story, who needs a W desperately himself.

Mulhern will lose.
    I heart cock

Did anyone else find it funny that the quote reads "former ufc fighter making his ufc debut"?
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Yeah, Mulhern's only shot is to wrap Story up and get the sub. Not gonna happen.

MAIN CARD: (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
    Champ Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz – for welterweight title
    Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
    Jake Ellenberger vs. Johny Hendricks
    Chris Camozzi vs. Nick Ring
    Colin Fletcher vs. Mike Ricci
    PRELIMINARY CARD: (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
    Patrick Cote vs. Bobby Voelker
    Quinn Mulhern vs. Rick Story
    Antonio Carvalho vs. Darren Elkins
    Daron Cruickshank vs. John Makdessi
    PRELIMINARY CARD: (6:35 p.m. ET)
    Jordan Mein vs. Dan Miller
    Mitch Gagnon vs. Issei Tamura
    Johnny Eduardo vs. Yves Jabouin

MacDonald Injured, Hendricks vs. Condit Now On Tap For #UFC 158
    damnnn

Nate Marquardt vs. Jake Ellenberger set for UFC 158
    I will go with Ellenberger here.

Me too.
    1 unit = 300 $

MArquart is almost in that category with Mir and Guillard where you just don't bet one way or the other. Too unpredictable. Sometimes he looks great, sometimes he looks very average.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    damnnn
    I was going to make a fortune on this fight..........FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, you think Macdonald is going to beat GSP. I really doubt it.

But he probably would've beaten Condit. I wanted to see.
    I heart cock

GSP vs Nick Diaz: Diaz won't win. Sure, he has good BJJ and good boxing but GSP isn't going to get sweeped or subbed. He isn't going to get KO'd. He isn't going to be out struck for 3 out of 5 rounds. I think GSP is going to use his kicks and takedowns to win this fight for an easy decision win. I honestly believe at this point Diaz just wants his big payday and will say after the fight "George is the champ and he beat my ass".

Carlos Condit vs Johnny Hendricks: I expect Hendricks to open up as the favorite due to hype and the style match up. Condit doesn't have the best T3D but I really think he holds his own here. Hendricks hasn't wrestlefucked anybody in a very long time and he has fallen in love with his hands. I also think Hendricks has suspect cardio and suspect defense based on some past fights. I am probably going to go against the grain here and play Condit if the line is right. Hendricks has the clear wrestling and power advantage but I think Condit gets a close decision win. I am not confident or anything and am probably underestimating Hendricks here, but I think Hendricks either neglects his wrestling or it doesn't work as well as people think it will and Condit will make it an ugly fight and slow Hendricks down.

Jake Ellenberger vs Nate Marquardt: I think Ellenberger will be the slight underdog here and has the ability to KO Marquardt or outwrestle him. However, Scientist said it best...he is like Mir and Guillard and just looks great or looks like shit. I will play Ellenberger small if he is the dog. Marquardt is taking the fight on short notice too and probably just wants to get his foot in the door in the UFC ASAP. He looked like shit in his last fight and showed poor cardio (Saff also just looked great)...he was also showing flashes of being chinny in the Woodley fight. I think Ellenberger may be able to do what Woodley almost did to him and KO him.

As for the rest of the card...I don't know yet. Reuben Duran, Rick Story, TJ Dillashaw, Bobby Voelker, and Darren Elkins stick out to me though.

I like what you have to say about condit. Another thing is condits chin. It is very good. I wouldnt be suprised if he could take ony of those hendricks punches and recover. I think condit is the better striker overall as well. If hendricks tries to wrestle condit he will have to be vary wary of submission attempts as well. Too bad it isnt a five rounder, i would definetly be on condit then.
    1 unit = 300 $

I really want Condit to beat The Hobbit, but I really fear Hendricks going to his wrestling and taking Condit down for three rounds.
    I heart cock

Cant see Ellenberger being the dog after how shitty Nate just looked ...but I could be wrong

Agree with above.
    1 unit = 300 $

Hendricks/Condit: Hendricks should come to wrassle. Condit won't sub him. Hendricks is a solid grappler and did his tour on the submission grappling circuit prior to MMA. If he comes to stand, Condit wins. Underdog probably has value.

GSP wins a decision. I don't see how it can play out any other way. Maaaybe GSP can get the ref to pull him off if he gets mount or something and just keeps going (which won't surprise me at all if he passes Diaz's guard like it isn't there).

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/sports...cle_ECRAN1POS1

Interesting article.
    I know that most of you won't be able to read it since it's in french but in summary, to get prepared for Diaz (Boxing wise), GSP has been training with Lucian Bute for over a month now. GSP has been trained by Lucian's boxing coach since along time, but it been only 1 month that he has been training consistantly with Lucian Bute.
    Lucian and his coach both say that GSP's boxing is getting way better and that his jab is simply amazing and better than even most of the boxers.

It's amazing that even a fighter who has been around forever like GSP is trying to change up his game. I mean, does he REALLY need boxing lessons?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    It's amazing that even a fighter who has been around forever like GSP is trying to change up his game. I mean, does he REALLY need boxing lessons?
    It probably isn't the lessons, but having sparring partners that are better than you is certainly going to help.