Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 158 MArch 16th

Yeah, that's a good point.

I do think sometimes you can go too far with mixing and matching styles. I mean, GSP starting Kyokushin, and then moved to training MT with Phil Nurse, and now he's taking boxing lessons. Eventually you should just pick something and stick with it and get really good at that one thing.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    It probably isn't the lessons, but having sparring partners that are better than you is certainly going to help.
    This is exactly what is being mentionned in the article, that sparring with Bute will make it way easyer agains't diaz

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post

I do think sometimes you can go too far with mixing and matching styles. I mean, GSP starting Kyokushin, and then moved to training MT with Phil Nurse, and now he's taking boxing lessons. Eventually you should just pick something and stick with it and get really good at that one thing.
    He has. It's called wrestling.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

The more you learn the better off you are. Every style he gets good at is another tool he can use.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    He has. It's called wrestling.
    Touche.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    The more you learn the better off you are. Every style he gets good at is another tool he can use.
    Well there's two ways to look at that. If you don't stick with something, you'll never master it.
    I heart cock

Touche.

Well there's two ways to look at that. If you don't stick with something, you'll never master it.
    He has mastered it. Its called mma.
    1 unit = 300 $

Thoughts on the prelims? At a glance all I see is maybe Elkins.

Maybe Jordan Mein? He looks like he is pretty well rounded and he fought to a split with Tyron Woodley. He must have some decent takedown defense. I haven't seen the fight though.

How bout Dillashaw over Tamura? Dillashaw might be able to outgrapple him.

Ellenberger over Nate? Nate will have trouble taking him down and standing I lean Ellenberger. Could be close though.

Nick Ring over Camozzi. I think Ring should be the more polished striker. Camozzi has done much better than I thought he would though. He beat Cane and Catone. This one will proabbly be close. I'd take Ring as a dog though.
    1 unit = 300 $

I just read the play by play of Ring/Mcgee. It looks like Ring may have gassed towards the end. That was in July..
    1 unit = 300 $

RIng probably gonna be a fav in this match. He looked hella sick at weigh in last time though and was pulled from the fight after weigh in. I like Mein at first look too and Marquart over Ellenberger. Marquart is tough to finish and he probably gonna edge Ellenberger on the feet. He's got decent tdd also.

I already dropped 3u on Ellenberger.

The conference call was amazing, I copied this from BE:

Quote Originally Posted by BE
    Nick Diaz: Everyone knows who I am. It's embarrassing not being in control of looking the way you look or coming off the way you want to come off. I'm happy for it when I'm ready for it. My life's a mess. I'm not afraid to admit it. I work hard regardless through this shit. I don't have people handing me water bottles left and right. I have to do that shit on my own and every day I know that I'm doing it on my own and that's why I know I've got to do it that much harder. I don't have people taking care of my money and my financial obligations what have you. All that stuff that people say is important, fuck that. I'm too busy fighting your fights. This new martial arts works for them when it comes to everybody wanting to be like GSP and want to be strong and have that fitness and be more explosive and quicker. It's really not what martial arts is about. This is mixed martial arts and that's what fans want to see. I've lost a shit load of fights but I'm still here. People want to see real boxing, real traditional jiu-jitsu mixed up. They don't want to see five minutes of holding. I think people should be point deducted for it or running away. You should have to punch me out to beat me. People should be able to see that a little better. Maybe one day.

I hope so, if I had that much money I'd be pampered the fuck up. There's be people showing up every hour to pamper me the fuck out. Mother fucker I'm not stupid. I can tell what's what.

Georges St. Pierre: Uneducated fool. Listen to me. You sound pretty smart right now. I'm not always been like this. I've not always been rich. I started from the bottom. I worked really hard to be where I am right now. I know you don't believe this because you didn't succeed yet and maybe you didn't succeed in your life because I don't think you're smart enough to understand to reach this point. When you talk about people doing things for me, you need people to work for you to get the money rolling.

And this incredible exchange:

Georges St. Pierre: If you are where you are right now and I am where I am, it's not my fault that you didn't succeed.

Nick Diaz: I was never putting any blame and pointing fingers at you that it's your fault. You're the one rapping about being pampered or not. You don't what it means.

Georges St. Pierre: I speak English better than you man.

Nick Diaz: You're out of line straight up. You understand that right? You're rapping that bullshit and you're out of line. I didn't say shit.

Nick Diaz: I deserve to get beat down, that's what you said right? Honestly, I don't think you deserve to get beat down. I don't want anybody to get beat down. I'd like to win the fight. You know me real well. You know I deserve to get beat down.

Georges St. Pierre: Do you seriously believe I'm afraid of you, man?

Nick Diaz: I believe you believed what you said to the cameras that I deserved to get beat down. You're making those statements to the whole world that I'm a piece of shit that deserves to get beat down and you let Dana say I'm the most disrespectful person you've ever met. I pulled up to a stoplight yesterday and some soccer mom sticks her head out the window and says 'I hope GSP beats your ass'. I live in a small town full of people that hate me over here. I'm trying to work my way up into a fight. When you say something, everyone believes it. Everyone wants to know what Georges thinks, forget jiu-jitsu, forget boxing, throw a super man punch like Georges. Whatever. That's disrespectful right there. If you want disrespect, that's disrespect right there. That's all I get. That's all I do.

Georges St. Pierre: Listen to yourself Nick.

Nick Diaz: I'm this crazy mother fucker. You know where I'm coming from. You're not stupid. You understand every word I'm saying right now. Drop it. I don't deserve to be beat down. You think you're gonna fucking win for whatever fucking reason and that's that. You're number one, you're the best right? I'm the most mother fucking piece of shit out there. That's not the reason why you're fighting. Maybe that's the reason the fans want this fight. I'm the right guy.

Georges St. Pierre: Yes you are, you're the right guy.
    Why is Diaz so awesome?
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

^^I am listening to it right now lol

The good stuff starts after the 25 min mark

LOL omg I love Diaz

Diaz is great, but from what I'm hearing so far GSP is eviscerating him.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I kinda feel bad for Nick. The dude is absolutely real as fuck, but he can't express himself well and he's angry, frustrated, and all over the place which makes him come off pretty crazy-sounding.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    I kinda feel bad for Nick. The dude is absolutely real as fuck, but he can't express himself well and he's angry, frustrated, and all over the place which makes him come off pretty crazy-sounding.
    agreed.
    1 unit = 300 $

Does anybody want to loan me $10k so I can put it on GSP? I want a free $2,000.