Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 158 MArch 16th

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    I kinda feel bad for Nick. The dude is absolutely real as fuck, but he can't express himself well and he's angry, frustrated, and all over the place which makes him come off pretty crazy-sounding.
    I feel bad for him too. He makes absolutely no sense about 75% of the time, it is just a random string of words coming out of his mouth. But i don't think it is an act at all, its all real. It is like a SNL skit, he is just talking nonsense. I would love to see him tested to see if he is actually retarded or if just has a borderline personality combined with really poor communication skills.

GSP absolutely owned him if it was a debate. But in winning the contest of who I want to see more of, it was all Diaz.

He has me on his side though, because he is so damn real and I like how he brings the comedy. I like he how he makes fun of GSP's tight shorts.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I feel bad for him too. He makes absolutely no sense about 75% of the time, it is just a random string of words coming out of his mouth. But i don't think it is an act at all, its all real. It is like a SNL skit, he is just talking nonsense. I would love to see him tested to see if he is actually retarded or if just has a borderline personality combined with really poor communication skills.

GSP absolutely owned him if it was a debate. But in winning the contest of who I want to see more of, it was all Diaz.

He has me on his side though, because he is so damn real and I like how he brings the comedy. I like he how he makes fun of GSP's tight shorts.
    I'm betting he's got serious social anxiety issues coupled with a very poor education(Stockton being one of the worst places to live in the country). I wouldn't say he's retarded, but I don't think his IQ would be terribly high either, below average probably. It just sounds like he's developed this paranoia about the world, hates cameras, and feels like he's always getting ripped off. Of course that's not the case, but that seems to be the way he feels. He's likeable in his own way mostly because it is real but at the same time I kind of feel bad for him because he'll never be able to tell people what he's really thinking without it sounding all fucked up.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop
    Psychosomatic auditory hallucinations. Most people have to pay for such a thing.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I am no psychiatrist, but I deal with people that act almost exactly like Diaz all the time. My guess:

Quote Originally Posted by Mayo Clinic
    Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a mental health disorder that generates significant emotional instability. This can lead to a variety of other stressful mental and behavioral problems.

With borderline personality disorder, you may have a severely distorted self-image and feel worthless and fundamentally flawed. Anger, impulsiveness and frequent mood swings may push others away, even though you may desire to have loving and lasting relationships.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bor...sorder/DS00442

That said, a lot of judges don't believe in BPD, and I am on the fence about it. I have actually made the argument about BPD to a disability judge before, pointing out how my client met all the requirements of the listing for reference:

Quote Originally Posted by 12.08
    12.00 Mental Disorders...

12.08 Personality disorders: A personality disorder exists when personality traits are inflexible and maladaptive and cause either significant impairment in social or occupational functioning or subjective distress. Characteristic features are typical of the individual's long-term functioning and are not limited to discrete episodes of illness.

The required level of severity for these disorders is met when the requirements in both A and B are satisfied.

A. Deeply ingrained, maladaptive patterns of behavior associated with one of the following:

1. Seclusiveness or autistic thinking; or

2. Pathologically inappropriate suspiciousness or hostility; or

3. Oddities of thought, perception, speech and behavior; or

4. Persistent disturbances of mood or affect; or

5. Pathological dependence, passivity, or aggressivity; or

6. Intense and unstable interpersonal relationships and impulsive and damaging behavior;

AND

B. Resulting in at least two of the following:

1. Marked restriction of activities of daily living; or

2. Marked difficulties in maintaining social functioning; or

3. Marked difficulties in maintaining concentration, persistence, or pace; or

4. Repeated episodes of decompensation, each of extended duration.
    and the judge goes "ok, so you're client is a jerk. That doesn't make him disabled." Kind of awesome, but it pissed me off at the time.

Anyway, to me, it is Diaz to a "T", he is classic BPD. I just wonder if he is also mildly retarded or if, as you say, it is just education and anxiety making him unintelligible.

Just listened to that conference call. That shit was awesome.

As for Diaz, he obviously lacks some social skills, but I don't at all think he's retarded or even below average in terms of intelligence. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he actually has a really high IQ and that he's one of those eccentric but super intelligent genius types.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    and the judge goes "ok, so you're client is a jerk. That doesn't make him disabled." Kind of awesome, but it pissed me off at the time.
    Wouldn't that judgement have to be made by an actual psychiatrist?

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post

As for Diaz, he obviously lacks some social skills, but I don't at all think he's retarded or even below average in terms of intelligence. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he actually has a really high IQ and that he's one of those eccentric but super intelligent genius types.
    I would agree that he's not retarded, but I don't think he's super brilliant either. He does seem to have a unique perspective on things, but he expresses himself so poorly and goes off on so many wild tangents that you only get flashes of it.

i did like what he said about GSP calling him "the most disrespectful person etc" and the woman yelling at him in his car. He's like, I know you're hyping the fight, but why are you saying things like this that have real-world consequences for me. Of course, on the other hand, he doesn't seem to understand the way that people perceive his brashness, and that much of it is self-inflicted. He's fascinating, really.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Yeah, when he was like, "So you think I deserve to be beat down . . . really?" and obviously taking the shit personally I actually understood where he was coming from. It's like when fighters say they want to "hurt" the other guy, which happens a lot. I usually think, "So you don't want to just win the fight, you want to injure the person? Are you a psychopath?" And in fact in a lot of cases they probably are.

Like you say, he is fascinating.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    Wouldn't that judgement have to be made by an actual psychiatrist?
    Which one? He was diagnosed with BPD. But the actual determination of disability is a legal determination. My job is to show that his diagnosis meets or equals the Code requirements for disability, and the judge's job is to determine if the severity of the impairments is enough so that he can't meet the requirements of competitive work.

That 12.08 is actually a legal determination.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post

Oh, I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't retarded, but I seriously doubt he is some secret genius... he is obviously stupid as hell. He probably isn' retarded, but there is no way he is more than average intelligence

Thoughts on Carvalho/Elkins?

Elkins all day

Thats what I was thinking. Line guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Thewisemann View Post
    Thats what I was thinking. Line guess?
    Elkins -175 probably

Hope so, thats playable. I prolly wouldn't go past -200. Im also curious too see howany pts GSP will be minus and what the line will be.

I am thinking about taking GSP by unanimous decision. I think he will be able to take down Diaz at will.

Does anyone see Diaz as likely to submit GSP off his back?
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I am thinking about taking GSP by unanimous decision. I think he will be able to take down Diaz at will.

Does anyone see Diaz as likely to submit GSP off his back?
    Nope.

I am a little worried about GSP not really being his old self after his injury. I thought it was affecting his mobility on the feet and his double-leg didn't look like it had the speed it used to either. I think if Diaz wins it will be with success on the feet, but with his relatively weak wrestling, it's another good matchup for GSP.

I will be betting GSP minus the points, GSP by UD, GSP in parlays, etc etc.

Same here minus the parlay

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    Nope.

I am a little worried about GSP not really being his old self after his injury. I thought it was affecting his mobility on the feet and his double-leg didn't look like it had the speed it used to either. I think if Diaz wins it will be with success on the feet, but with his relatively weak wrestling, it's another good matchup for GSP.
    His double leg really looked that bad to you?
    1 unit = 300 $