Page 102 of 129 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2570

Thread: 2013 Off Topic Thread

I have to say I'm really not in touch with children's programming these days. But usually when some shit does come along that seems to be a cultural craze--like Spongebob--I tend to think it's terrible.

What I do think is interesting though, regarding this Brony situation and the backlash that many of the adult male fans are getting, is that if these guys said they were really into Lady and the Tramp or The Little Mermaid they would perhaps get a raised eyebrow at worst. Granted, those things are perhaps not EXACTLY comparable to a show like My Little Pony, but it's in the same ballpark, i.e. animation for kids that is largely targeted toward the female demographic.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    I remember her. She kinda stole the act from Vampira, though.
    Not familiar with Vampira but I looked up some pics. There does seem to be a striking resemblance.
    I heart cock

That is amazing how all those people are gathering for bronies. Amazing to be honest. I get they are outcasts getting together but seriously its about ponies? How do that many adults get together for that? Pls explain.
    1 unit = 300 $

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/13/47...-opponent-nsac

This is dana white saying he gets mad when fighters put a hand down to avoid a knee to the head. It annoys me that dana is bothered that one of his fighters that could be making 5k to show might put his hand down to avoid getting kneed in the head and get brain damage.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    That is amazing how all those people are gathering for bronies. Amazing to be honest. I get they are outcasts getting together but seriously its about ponies? How do that many adults get together for that? Pls explain.
    I actually just watched the documentary. After watching it, I think it comes down to two things:

1. We live in post-9/11 society where motherfuckers are always a war, people are out in the world entrapping women in their basements for 10 years and raping them, and school shootings happen just about every 3 months or so. Then there's also global warming (supposedly). The MLP: Friendship is Magic world allows people (even adult men) to escape into a world where nothing terribly bad ever happens and positive values like friendship, love and acceptance are foremost in the storylines and the consciousness of the characters.

2. The community itself is attractive to people. Like you said, many of them are outcasts. This isn't especially different from a lot of other conventions, but the difference perhaps is that the MLP community is smaller, and more tight-knit and more of a community where everyone knows everyone and you'll get more individual attention.

I don't really see a problem with it.
    I heart cock

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/13/47...-opponent-nsac

This is dana white saying he gets mad when fighters put a hand down to avoid a knee to the head. It annoys me that dana is bothered that one of his fighters that could be making 5k to show might put his hand down to avoid getting kneed in the head and get brain damage.
    That's dumb.

If Dana doesn't want fighters doing that then he should campaign to get the knees-to-the-head-of-a-grounded-opponent rule lifted.
    Last edited by SPX; 09-14-2013 at 01:32 AM.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I actually watched an episode after hearing about this Brony fandom situation. I had to know what all the fuss was about.

It seemed like a decent, perhaps above-average kids show, but I didn't feel an exceptional desire to watch more episodes. But if grown men out there really get into it then I'm cool with that. I almost always support anyone who does something unapologetically even when the cultural norm says its weird, so long as what they're doing is not harmful to others.

Plus, the show at least seems to impart positive values.
    That's pretty much how I feel. I'm perfectly open to watching kids' shows if they're really good, but I watched a couple episodes of MLP to see what the big deal was about and I can't really say I get the cross-gender or cross-age appeal.

If for some reason, you are looking to watch an unbelievably girly-looking cartoon that's surprisingly good, I recommend Puella Magi Magica Madoka.

I also liked both of the Avatar series.

If for some reason, you are looking to watch an unbelievably girly-looking cartoon that's surprisingly good, I recommend Puella Magi Magica Madoka.
    I cannot say I've heard of that one.

I also liked both of the Avatar series.
    I think I watched an episode or two of Avatar but, again, I didn't really see what all the fuss was about. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a shot.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I think I watched an episode or two of Avatar but, again, I didn't really see what all the fuss was about. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a shot.
    Yeah, the strength of the series is the writing and its character development over long story arcs, so it might take a while to get into it. Of course, maybe it's also just not your thing.

Looks interesting fo sho. . .

I heart cock

Gay.

^^^^putting your faith in Eli Manning

Projections are that the Mayweather fight did 2.3 million PPV buys. Thats more than the last 6 UFC PPV's combined. It will always be:

Boxing> MMA

Inb4Xblowsup

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Projections are that the Mayweather fight did 2.3 million PPV buys. Thats more than the last 6 UFC PPV's combined. It will always be:

Boxing> MMA

Inb4Xblowsup
    I think MMA does more than boxing in ppv's per year. They also have a deal with Fox for 90 million per year. Boxing has hbo and showtime? PLus some regular channels. Call the channels equal. The tie breaker would be worldwide viewership. There are millions of people watching MMA in Europe and Brazil. Probably even more than boxing. Waaay more high level Brazilian MMA fighters than boxers.
    1 unit = 300 $

my god Schaub is such a douche
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I think MMA does more than boxing in ppv's per year. They also have a deal with Fox for 90 million per year. Boxing has hbo and showtime? PLus some regular channels. Call the channels equal. The tie breaker would be worldwide viewership. There are millions of people watching MMA in Europe and Brazil. Probably even more than boxing. Waaay more high level Brazilian MMA fighters than boxers.
    Mayweather just got paid more money for one fight than all UFC fighters will make combined this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    my god Schaub is such a douche
    I can't even tell if he is just trying to be Chael Sonnen. I favor him a little bit but pissing off that crazy fucker Mitrione isn't a good idea. Schaub is probably going to die now.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I can't even tell if he is just trying to be Chael Sonnen. I favor him a little bit but pissing off that crazy fucker Mitrione isn't a good idea. Schaub is probably going to die now.
    I don't think he is, I think he just has a bad personality. He did that BJJ event Metamoris, and he came off as a huge douche in that too. I doubt he made any money and no one was watching. He didn't douche it up until after the PPV, if it was to sell PPV's he would have been playing the heel before then. I really think he is just one of those people that can't help but be obnoxious. Or maybe its just me...

He will probably wrestle Mitrione up, but I would love to see Mitrione decapitate him.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Wasnt Schaubs claim to fame that he played football at Colorado before he became a can in MMA?
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter