Page 50 of 129 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2570

Thread: 2013 Off Topic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    My dog woke me up at 2:30 last night, and I couldn't go back to sleep, so I watched a couple documentaries- "The Imposter" and "Into the Abyss." I actually didn't get to finish Abyss because my son came trotting out at 6:00. "The Imposter" is fascinating, highly recommend, just for the story which is absurd. The film making aspects probably wont interest SPX that much (but they did do one kind of neat thing where the interviewee spoke and the actor playing the younger version of the person mimed it).

I will report back on "Into the Abyss"- but it is a Werner Herzog death penalty doc. I have actually worked on a couple death penalty cases, so it didn't grab me as much, but I am sure it will be good.
    I actually saw The Imposter at an indie theater here. It was good, but I have to say that it didn't quite live up to the trailer for me. But you're right, it is fascinating. You have to wonder how those people, even for a second, believed that this was their kid. And you also have to wonder what really happened to the real one.

I believe I started Into the Abyss once. Not sure I finished it. In either case, it didn't leave much of an impression.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    .////
    Gay.
    I heart cock

Damn. Nothing gayer than breaking a 25' HDMI cable and not being able to hook your computer up to your TV. Shit's retarded. Now I'm going to have to order a new one because they're way too expensive to buy locally.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I actually saw The Imposter at an indie theater here. It was good, but I have to say that it didn't quite live up to the trailer for me. But you're right, it is fascinating. You have to wonder how those people, even for a second, believed that this was their kid. And you also have to wonder what really happened to the real one.

I believe I started Into the Abyss once. Not sure I finished it. In either case, it didn't leave much of an impression.
    Yeah, I can't even fathom how everyone, even the FBI, believed this guy's crazy story. I guess if the family is saying it is him, they have the preconception that it is him... so they are thinking of everything in that framework. But yeah, the family... I really think they had to know. I read on line that the mom was a crack addict, so she may not really remember him. The sister seems semi-sane though, I think once she believed it, everyone just went with it. I also read that the kid was due to be sentenced the next day in juvi, and might have been going to a foster home... so he might have ran away (or maybe the brother really did kill him). It would be amazing if he resurfaced at some point. I had never seen or heard of the movie before, I was just browsing netflix and picked something, so it was a good surprise. I don't know, it just blew my mind how it could happen... maybe it was the sleepless night.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

*********Breaking News********

Nino just got out.

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Yeah, I can't even fathom how everyone, even the FBI, believed this guy's crazy story. I guess if the family is saying it is him, they have the preconception that it is him... so they are thinking of everything in that framework. But yeah, the family... I really think they had to know. I read on line that the mom was a crack addict, so she may not really remember him. The sister seems semi-sane though, I think once she believed it, everyone just went with it. I also read that the kid was due to be sentenced the next day in juvi, and might have been going to a foster home... so he might have ran away (or maybe the brother really did kill him). It would be amazing if he resurfaced at some point. I had never seen or heard of the movie before, I was just browsing netflix and picked something, so it was a good surprise. I don't know, it just blew my mind how it could happen... maybe it was the sleepless night.
    It seems like all you have to do is look at him and know he's not the same dude. Sure, people change, but they don't change races. Or eye color. And dude's hair was clearly not naturally blonde. You gotta give dude credit for one thing: He's got fucking balls.

I had never heard of the story, but I saw the trailer and put it high up in my list of movies I wanted to see. If you're interested in the critical reception, here you go:

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-imposter
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    *********Breaking News********

Nino just got out.
    Just read up on that. Apparently he's still under house arrest until this summer? What the fuck is that shit about?

Can't wait for Blade IV. . .
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I disagree. It's sort of an urban myth that he is always at odds with popular opinion. In many cases he is not. And if you ever listen to him actually have a conversation about why he believes certain ways about certain movies, you will realize that he is indeed sincere and holds opinions that, agree or disagree, are well-reasoned. He's appeared on the Slashfilmcast three times I think. I would suggest listening to all three episodes.
    Well, the reason his shtick works is that no movie is so good you can't find something bad to say about it, and vice versa. So he's always able to justify his opinion which is why his comments are sometimes interesting instead of just a waste of time. Any given review of his might be defensible, but it's the overall pattern that gives him away.

For what it's worth, here's what the late Roger Ebert had to say on White: [http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2009...nd_white.html]

On Thursday night I posted in entry in defense of Armond White's review of "District 9." Overnight I received reader comments causing me to rethink that entry, in particular this eye-popping link[*] supplied by Wes Lawson. I realized I had to withdraw my overall defense of White. I was not familiar enough with his work. It is baffling to me that a critic could praise "Transformers 2" but not "Synecdoche, NY." Or "Death Race" but not "There Will be Blood." I am forced to conclude that White is, as charged, a troll. A smart and knowing one, but a troll. My defense of his specific review of "District 9" still stands.
    [*] http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1897/...isntinsane.jpg

Does he really not like every Pixar movie? If that is true, there is no way around trolldom.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

All I can say is that there have been many, many times in which I have disagreed with his opinion. But after listening to him express his opinions at length, I really believe that he means what he says.

Personally, I liked Inception a lot. He didn't. I thought that was ridiculous. But after listening to his dialogue with the Slashfilmcast crew on the matter I thought he made a lot of good points, especially this: That Christopher Nolan's movies, while looking great and often having interesting plots, are largely soulless and devoid of emotional content.

For those who are interested. . .

Armond White on Inception

http://www.slashfilm.com/filmcast-ep...ew-york-press/

Armond White on the state of film criticism (and more on Inception)

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-filmcas...ew-york-press/

Armond White on Django Unchained and Zero Dark Thirty

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-filmcas...o-dark-thirty/
    I heart cock

I read a few of his reviews, including Django, and sorry, but I have to conclude 100% troll. A very skilled and clever troll, but troll nevertheless.

Well you should listen to him anyway. He's entertaining.
    I heart cock

Maybe I will later.

i do, however, agree with him that Taken 2 was better than Zero Dark Thirty. I seriously think that might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    I seriously think that might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
    Yes, it's amazing to me that other people don't recognize this.
    I heart cock

The streak lives!

Ohhhhhhhh shit! Was that tonight? FUCK! I didn't realize. . .
    I heart cock

I installed tapatalk today. Took all of 3 minutes to do so. What I didnt realize is that you have to buy the app to use it. Fuckin nazi's!

someone PM sideloaded to get us a free version of it cause 2.99 is too steep for me right now.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    . . . cause 2.99 is too steep for me right now.
    BOL

I have no idea what tapatalk is though. What's it do?
    I heart cock

Awesome, Zak, but i think you also need to publish the forum to tapatalk. I can't find it in the app anywhere.

Tapatalk Forum App v2.4

http://uploaded.net/file/nb13gcg4

password is www.warez-box.com
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u