Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellator 86

Bellator 86

MAIN (Spike TV, 10 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY (Spike.com, 8 p.m. ET)

On the main card, all the guys on the left hand side should win. King Mo and Ben Askren=ultimate square parlay, but it's gonna cash. It's too bad we are probably going to get Josh Barnett/Daniel Cormier lines from the last Strikeforce card.

Ultimate square parlay?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Ultimate square parlay?
    It's kind of a joke, but you have never heard the term "square bet"?

I have not.
    I heart cock

I talked to Brent Weedman a few months ago at a tourney. I have a lot of faith in his ground game... he has gotten a lot better. I recall a time when I thought I could beat him in a grappling match. I definitely cannot beat him.

Also, in a Bellator aside, I went to this blackbelts for Autism event yesterday, and Dan Hornbuckle was there. I have rolled with him before a couple years ago. He got his brown belt, and he is a super nice guy.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I talked to Brent Weedman a few months ago at a tourney. I have a lot of faith in his ground game... he has gotten a lot better. I recall a time when I thought I could beat him in a grappling match. I definitely cannot beat him.

Also, in a Bellator aside, I went to this blackbelts for Autism event yesterday, and Dan Hornbuckle was there. I have rolled with him before a couple years ago. He got his brown belt, and he is a super nice guy.
    I remember when Bellator started getting popular, you used to kill it in betting the fights. I'd always tail you and make like 5 units a night at $1 a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I remember when Bellator started getting popular, you used to kill it in betting the fights. I'd always tail you and make like 5 units a night at $1 a unit.
    Yeah, I used to research all the guys and find a lot of value. I need to start paying attention to Bellator again. I haven't been watching it since the great loss of interest of 2012. I always did better on SF and Bellator than UFC, just because you can find more mismatches. I almost always watch Askren though, so I will probably bet this card.

You should go back to your old researching ways. We can use the help here.
    1 unit = 300 $

I want to, but I did just as well last year without having to do any work. I am pretty steady, I make about 20-30u every year since 2009. The only issue is that I am starting to not know who the fighters are, since I haven't been watching TUF and I don't watch every card (this last card, I only watched Bisping/Belfort, but I did watch the entire SF card). I will probably need to watch more fights if I hope to continue betting... as last year I basically lived off of residual knowledge of fighters.

Well i am trying to step it up this year. Poopoo and spx are upping their units this year as well. We can get a good 2011 style team going here.
    1 unit = 300 $

I will try to contribute as much as I can. I stopped bankroll building a few years ago, I pretty much just cash out every year and use it for a vacation.

I will try to contribute as much as I can. I stopped bankroll building a few years ago, I pretty much just cash out every year and use it for a vacation.
    I was wondering...what does everybody do with their winnings? You just answered that with the whole vacation thing. But, do most of you keep it and build your bankroll to be able to bet more money in the long run? Do you use it as extra spending money? etc

I was wondering...what does everybody do with their winnings? You just answered that with the whole vacation thing. But, do most of you keep it and build your bankroll to be able to bet more money in the long run? Do you use it as extra spending money? etc
    I realized that I was really at the maximum bankroll for online play for my style of betting. Having a bigger bankroll wouldn't let me bet more than the limits... so I just decided to keep my bankroll there and take profits when I feel like it. The last 2 years I have used it for a trip. One year I gave it to my mom.

. . . and Dan Hornbuckle was there. I have rolled with him before a couple years ago. He got his brown belt, and he is a super nice guy.
    I noticed he also just dropped off the map.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Well i am trying to step it up this year. Poopoo and spx are upping their units this year as well. We can get a good 2011 style team going here.
    Yeah. I'm going to start paying more attention, doing more research, etc. Like Scientist, I have just been going off of pre-existing knowledge and there are a lot of fighters now who I just don't know.

BTW edmann, do you ever listen to the Sherdog roundtable? I have found it to be very helpful for betting purposes. I've made a lot of winning bets on fighters who I had never seen fight just based on that tool alone.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I noticed he also just dropped off the map.
    Yep. I don't know what happened there. He is still training. I remember when he was ranked #8 in the world at 170.
    Last edited by MMA_scientist; 01-21-2013 at 03:34 PM.

I just kept it deposited for like 2 1/2 years until I had to do the BM withdrawals to pay bills. If that financial crisis hadn't come, I'm sure I'd still just have it sitting in there and slowly growing. I actually didn't plan to take anything out for like 10 years (provided the books last that long).
    I heart cock

I realized that I was really at the maximum bankroll for online play for my style of betting. Having a bigger bankroll wouldn't let me bet more than the limits...
    You can get around that by betting the same bet at multiple books.
    I heart cock

Yep. I don't know what happened there. He is still training. I remember when he was ranked #8 in the world at 185.
    I just looked him up on Wiki and it looks like he's going to be fighting Pete Spratt later this year. He hasn't fought since his last Bellator loss in 2011, though.
    I heart cock