Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 160 May 25th

Hey Ludo, sig bet on Burrell/Thompson?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Hey Ludo, sig bet on Burrell/Thompson?
    You know it. One week?
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

By the way, this card sucks dick for betting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    You know it. One week?
    Sure.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    By the way, this card sucks dick for betting.
    I dunno, I'm thinking Bowles, Thompson, JDS, Bermudez and Story might all hold value.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I dunno, I'm thinking Bowles, Thompson, JDS, Bermudez and Story might all hold value.
    Bowles, maybe. Thompson is up against another striker with some power so I'm not really looking to bet a guy who's 6-1 in his career against someone in his same age bracket who also is an accomplished type striker. I don't like betting heavyweights in any capacity, especially ones that are 3 to 1 favorites or worse because the division is so volatile. Bermudez had value at -250, but at -300 I just don't see alot of value. Story is a perennial underachiever and he worries Me against someone like Pyle who has that same high pressure style.

I agree with all of that, but I guess these strike me as those types of fights where you can come up with all kinds of reasons about why the other guy is going to win, but exactly what you think is going to happen is what does happen. Of all those, Story is probably the only one I'd be too worried about, and maybe Thompson as well in all honesty though this is going to be a kickboxing match and he SHOULD be the better kickboxer.

I will point out though that Hunt is just not going to beat JDS. Yes, it's possible that he could. He has that huge right hand. But even at -370 (if you have an SB account, which I do) I think he's worth it.
    I heart cock

Why does everyone like JDS so much? sure he is a pretty good offensive boxer for heavyweight, but his defense is god awful. He relies on speed too much and his footwork is shoddy at best. He leaves his chin exposed a lot, doesnt take angles at all, and has shown no submission game to speak of at all.

On the contrary, Hunt has a damn near invincible chin, power, and better overall striking game. He doesnt simply rely on physical gifts like JDS, but has the technique and understanding of the strike game to go along with his toughness.

I think JDS is better technically than you're giving him credit for. If Rothwell can take hunt to a relatively close decision, JDS should be able to beat him handily barring a super-punch that puts his lights out.
    I heart cock

Offensively he isnt bad for a heavyweight, but he just leaves so many holes and thats dangerous to do with such a good striker as Hunt. MArk mixes in kicks to go along with his devestating left hook and right hand. JDS meanwhile, is more traditional with jabs, overhands and left hooks. But he is always thinking offense first and doesnt give two shits about protecting himself.

If Hunt doesn't win in round 1 he is finished imo. I also think JDS can/probably will take Hunt down. I'd parlay Glover/Cain/JDS huge but I can't lay a lot on JDS. I have gone 0-4 in Hunt's last 4.

Yea he probably can take him down at will. I doubt he subs or even stops him tho. So JDS by Dec?

I won't be suprised to see JDS win by TKO, sub or dec. But I think dec is most likely.

I think JDS might take Hunt down, get his back, pull Hunt's shorts down, and tongue Hunt's asshole until Hunt ejaculates on the Bud Light logo.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I think JDS might take Hunt down, get his back, pull Hunt's shorts down, and tongue Hunt's asshole until Hunt ejaculates on the Bud Light logo.
    This is a very gay prediction. +5000.
    1 unit = 300 $

JDS started out as a jiu jitsu guy. He has a black belt as well.

Another thing I just noticed. Most of JDS's opponents have been very good BJJ artist or wrestlers. Its kinda hard to say he should be submitting more people. On top of that his standup has been pretty devastating so he doesn't really need to tap anyone out.

Hes had 10 fights in the ufc. Werdum, Gonzaga, Nelson, Mir. Four of them are very good black belts. Cain Velasquez twice and Shane Carwin, both good wrestlers. So seven out of ten fights he was in a position where he probably couldn't sub his opponent even if he was really good at it. The other ones were cro cop, struve and Yvel. Yvel and struve got knocked out in a combined total of 3 minutes.

You guys might be right, he could suck on the ground but he is a black belt. Mccorkle tapped Hunt off not too long ago as well.

I have a bet on JDS by submission by the way. That is why I am so hopeful here. I got him at +1150. Couldn't get a lot down though, just a partial unit. They adjusted the line to +700 or so and I put down some more.
    1 unit = 300 $

Interview with Cerrone.

Summary:

He almost died rock climbing. He is ok. He chokes before fights. He hired a sports psychologist to help him. He used to eat lots of candy and would cut 30 pounds before a fight. Now he weighs 174. He is in a better place mentally and physically.
    1 unit = 300 $

If he gets mental jitters then it's certainly never seemed to affect his performances. He doesn't win every fight but the dude's always been a beast.
    I heart cock

Im thinking about betting him over Noons. He is a better fighter and he sounds like he is in better form than normal. That should equal a win for him. That said, Noons does have decent takedown defense and good striking. He has a path to victory.

I am pretty confident in Bermudez. Holloway makes me slightly nervous though. He is pretty decent and has some good power. He knocked out that Justin Lawrence kid with a body shot. Lawrence is an experienced kickboxer as well.
    1 unit = 300 $