Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on FX 8: Belfort vs Rockhold

Another one. Dos anjos vs dunham. Who wins that one?
    1 unit = 300 $

Jacare. All in.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Another one. Dos anjos vs dunham. Who wins that one?
    Close, but dos anjos
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Close, but dos anjos
    What do you think of jacare phillipou. I think jacare should have the speed to get inside and take down phillipou.
    1 unit = 300 $

Close, but dos anjos
    Yeah the tibau fight is what i am trying to make sense out of. This is a tough one. I think the line should be closer to even, at least for me to bet dos anjos. One thing is for sure though, dos anjos has been looking good lately. He shut out bocek and nijouani. Dropped shalrous and koed sotiropolous. Iirc he was pverpowered by tibau. I have to wonder if dunham could hold him up against the cage or not. Dunham also has decent striking and reach.
    1 unit = 300 $

Hell dos anjos was beating guida in their fight on the cards. I could see dunham outstriking him though.

Taking wrestling amd clinching out of the equation. Who do you guys see winning the striking exchanges?
    1 unit = 300 $

Rafael versus chris camozzi.

I gotta wonder if camozzi is too big for natal to wrestle to the canvas. I know natal took down kuiper quite a few times. Tom lawlor couldnt get kuiper down once. Natals downfall is he gets clipped standing all the time. Camozzi has pretty decent striking and he seems to move alright. Natal has a great chin and superior ground game though.
    1 unit = 300 $

What do you think of jacare phillipou. I think jacare should have the speed to get inside and take down phillipou.
    I think Jacare is better and he will take him down and submit him. Phillipou has good TDD, but I don't think the striking edge he has is so large that Jacare is in a lot of trouble. That said, Phillipou could concievably employ the Rockhold strategy and eek out a decision. I think Jacare could beat any MW on any given day and I really wouldn't favor anyone to beat him.

Yeah the tibau fight is what i am trying to make sense out of. This is a tough one. I think the line should be closer to even, at least for me to bet dos anjos. One thing is for sure though, dos anjos has been looking good lately. He shut out bocek and nijouani. Dropped shalrous and koed sotiropolous. Iirc he was pverpowered by tibau. I have to wonder if dunham could hold him up against the cage or not. Dunham also has decent striking and reach.
    he is so slow though, and DA is fast. I think Dunham has a better chance if he grapples him.

Tim Boetsch was getting Phillipou down easily before he got injured or whatever happened. I bet Costa big in that fight and I thought Tim had it in the bag in round 1 because of the takedowns/top control but I got lucky he got hurt. Jacare is going to dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Tim Boetsch was getting Phillipou down easily before he got injured or whatever happened. I bet Costa big in that fight and I thought Tim had it in the bag in round 1 because of the takedowns/top control but I got lucky he got hurt. Jacare is going to dominate.
    ALL IN?

ALL IN?
    I would like to go all in on Cain/Jacare/JDS but I am scared of JDS losing.

But I might bet Jacare enough to win $1k because I am a crazy ass MOTHERFUCKER

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I would like to go all in on Cain/Jacare/JDS but I am scared of JDS losing.

But I might bet Jacare enough to win $1k because I am a crazy ass MOTHERFUCKER
    Jacare/Cain sounds pretty good. I am not betting against Hunt in what is probably a kickboxing match.

Im going to be on hunt for sure. JDS will probably come in looking to grapple, but Hunt getting plus 300 in a fight that most likely will be played out on the feet...I like those odds.

When has JDS EVER come in looking to grapple?
    I heart cock

We really gotta wait almost 3 weeks for this shit?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    When has JDS EVER come in looking to grapple?
    Never. However he doesn't usually fight talented strikers. Aside from Gilbert Yvel and Mirko cro cop. Those are the two best strikers he has fought. Mirko was doing somewhat okay with him, one judge on sherdog gave him round one. I don't know where Hunt stands compared to them but he seems to have been a lot more successful in the UFC.

For the sake of argument I will say that Hunt is the most dangerous striker Junior has fought. I think he is for the record. Junior has an incentive to take the fight to the ground. He has the advantage there. He is a black belt in brazilian jiu jitsu. Believe it or not Junior started in Jiu jitsu before boxing according to what I have read in interviews. Juniors wrestling is also decent based on what we have seen him be able to do defensively. On top of that his cardio is probably a lot better. I base that on the fact that he made it five rounds wrestling with Cain. I know he looked like shit at the end but he still did it.

JDS has never tried to do much else than strike so theres no reason to think he should but if you really break it down he has a great reason to do it.
    1 unit = 300 $

he is so slow though, and DA is fast. I think Dunham has a better chance if he grapples him.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Of all things Dunham can probably work a positional grappling gameplan. I doubt he submits RDA because I get the impression RDA was pretty good in straight BJJ but Dunham has always looked good in the wrestling department and he has fought a decent amount of wrestlers.

Also a reminder. Something I forgot, Dunham beat Tibau after he gassed. I kept looking at the the Tibau-dunham and Tibau-Rda fights and thinking I was crazy for giving the edge to RDA because Tibau beat him and Dunham beat Tibau. Obviously its a different matchup but I still kept thinking about it. I believe Tibau wrestled RDA IIRC. Beating him by maintaining position. Tibau has strength Dunham doesn't though. Anyways, slight edge like you said. I wish the line was better. I will probably still bet it because I am like a crack addict.
    1 unit = 300 $

Juniors wrestling is also decent based on what we have seen him be able to do defensively.
    I don't know if we can assume that. It's pretty common for MMA strikers to develop great takedown defense without also having good offensive wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    I don't know if we can assume that. It's pretty common for MMA strikers to develop great takedown defense without also having good offensive wrestling.
    Yeah I thought that as well. Overall I will give the grappling edge to JDS though. Hunt actually has some decent takedown defense of his own just because he is a stocky samoan but JDS is a black belt on the ground. I would think IF he can get him down he holds a significant edge there.
    1 unit = 300 $