Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on FX 8: Belfort vs Rockhold

I could see dunham taking it..
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I want to know Scientist's opinion on RDA vs Dunham. He has always had a decent read on RDA IIRC.

I lean Dunham and have bets on him by decision at +260 and +328.
    I don't know that I know him any better than anyone else. I bet him a lot back in 2009 and 2010 when he was routinely undervalued- he was + odds to Terry Etim for god's sakes.

I think he is a more athletic fighter, but Dunham might be able to wear him down. Both guys are excellent grapplers, that's probably a wash. Either guy could probably take the other one down. DA is a better kicker Dunham has better hands but is slower. I originally said slight edge to DA, but now I think Dunham might grind him out. Rd 1 to DA, Rd 3 to Dunham. Rd 2 is where the fight is won. That's how I see it, I really don't know who wins.

But at + odds, Dunham is the play IMO, and I may even bet it. Definitely won't bet DA at -180. Dunham decision at +260 is a great bet IMO.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Dunham plus 3.5 points if the line is good.
    1 unit = 300 $

Someone break down all these fights with dudes I've never heard of.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Someone break down all these fights with dudes I've never heard of.

Do what I do.........skip them

Fuck that shit. There's money to be made!
    I heart cock

How about Jeremy Larsen's TUf record. Help me find that.
    1 unit = 300 $

I am thinking Lucas Martins might hold the edge over Larsen. Larsen started training general MMA six years ago. He's got two wins by knockout against a guy thats 8-25 and a guy thats 0-2. He got outwrestled by Cheisa on TUF. I don't know much more about him other than he claims to be a standup fighter. I know Lucas Martins is a real badass muay thai fighter. He just happened to meet an even more badass standup fighter in Edson Barboza. I am thinking this could be lopsided but I don't really know that much about Larsen.

I am also thinking about Maldanado. I am high on this guy, I think he is really good. The issue is Hollett is a big strong looking dude that might be able to take Maldanado down. Hollett is also a striker. I figure Maldanado is a better striker. Who knows though.

John Lineker is way more experienced than Gashimov. Gashimov seems like a berserker on the feet though. Kind of like Khabib Nurmagedoved.

Jaoa Zeferino is a brazilian jiu jitsu guy. He has some fights against 170 pounders. He might be undersized....will have to wait until the weigh in videos to see. Zeferino is Duke Roufus kickboxing brown belt according to his UFC profile. Hmm ok he is also a BJJ world champ according to his UFC profile. Maybe he can win?
    1 unit = 300 $

I am also thinking about Tibau over Cholish.
    1 unit = 300 $

I think this fight is set up to get Maldonado a win. A lot of people (most?) think he should've gotten the decisions over Kingsbury and Pokrajac, and he showed that he is a tough as nails boxer against Teixeira. There's a reason he's 1-3 in the UFC and getting another fight.

Hollet, on the other hand, looked like shit against Hamill and has lost against every fighter with a name that he has faced. AND this fight is happening in Brazil.

I probably just talked myself into betting Maldonado.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I am also thinking about Tibau over Cholish.
    Looking over the matches for this weekend and I see alot of potential close fights. I will probably make a bet on Tibau as my only bet this weekend. Unless he has a bad weight cut, I see him taking this fight. He's just a better fighter all around. Bmaker has him at -230 which is terrible compared to other books so I havent pulled the trigger yet. I would still bet him at -230, just feel bad placing a bet at this line when other books have him at -200 -.-'
    Dunham- dos anjos, Dias-Lentz, Gashimov-Lineker, Cariaso- Da Silva will probably all be close fights.. Have no read on those fights. Anjos will probably edge Dunham with his speed.
    Lentz is better on the feet but I am not sure he can stop Dias from pressing him against the cage and take him down. If he can make it a non-grappling match, he'll win the fight imo.
    Leaning on Gashimov to take Lineker down for 3 rounds.
    How good is Cariaso's tdd? Can he stop Da Silva from taking him down?

What time does this start tomorrow?
    1 unit = 300 $

What time does this start tomorrow?
    UFC on FX 8: Belfort vs. Rockhold

Date: May 18, 2013

Venue: Arena Jaragua

Broadcast: FX, FUEL TV, Facebook

MAIN CARD (FX, 9 p.m. ET)

Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold
    Chris Camozzi* vs. Ronaldo Souza
    Joao Zeferino* vs. Rafael Natal
    Rafael dos Anjos vs. Evan Dunham

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV, 6 p.m. ET)

Hacran Dias vs. Nik Lentz
    Mike Rio vs. Francisco Trinaldo
    Yuri Alcantara vs. Iliarde Santos
    Michel Richard dos Prazeres vs. Paulo Thiago*
    Azamat Gashimov vs. John Lineker
    Roger Hollett vs. Fabio Maldonado

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 4:30 p.m. ET)

John Cholish vs. Gleison Tibau
    Chris Cariaso vs. Jussier Formiga
    Jeremy Larsen vs. Lucas Martins
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Damn. Sucks I already turned my cable box in.
    I heart cock

I just watched an interview with Belfort and the interviewer asked him how he felt about being pegged as the underdog. He claimed he's under God's odds. I thought that was the best answer I have ever heard.

Anyways. Rockhold looked really emotional at the weigh ins. I am thinking the pressure is getting to him. First time in the UFC, winner could get a title shot, in Brazil, Main event and against the most dangerous guy he has ever fought. I will probably be betting Belfort.
    1 unit = 300 $

What do you guys think of Tibau vs Cholish? Skillwise, who is better? I know tibau is bigger, cholish is coming off a long layoff, hes inexperienced and its his first fight in brazil so I am already leaning tibau but i am a little worried about it. Cholish did alright against Castillo and I think he is pretty decent.
    1 unit = 300 $

What do you guys think of Tibau vs Cholish? Skillwise, who is better? I know tibau is bigger, cholish is coming off a long layoff, hes inexperienced and its his first fight in brazil so I am already leaning tibau but i am a little worried about it. Cholish did alright against Castillo and I think he is pretty decent.
    I thought Cholish was going to be a rising star until the Castillo fight. It seems though that he's not putting everything into his fight career that he could.

Tibau should probably be able to get takedowns (at least early), be better on the feet if he can't, and avoid the sub on the ground. Maybe Cholish has a shot if Tibau fades later. I don't think I'm betting either side, but if I did, I'd probably bet Tibau.

I just read an interview with Tibau and he was talking about how he hired a nutritionist and his weight cut for this fight is much easier. No more troubles in the sauna. I am hoping that means that he shouldn't really fade.

I read another interview with Cholish where he said he is walking around at about 170 pounds. Tibau should have a good 15 pounds of muscle on the guy.

I figure the standup will make a huge difference as Cholish really isn't very good standing. I think Cholish's wrestling should be negated by Tibaus wrestling and size.

Tibau probably has better jiu jitsu. Without Tibau gassing he should win this handily. I kinda feel like Tibau is going to win inside the distance.
    1 unit = 300 $

I just read that one as well.
    1 unit = 300 $