Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellator 90

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    A few thoughts. . .

1. A friend of mine who was watching at home says he definitely thinks he saw me in the crowd. I need to download that shit and check it out.

2. LOLOLOL @ King Mo! I was sitting there telling my friend that the line on Mo was -1100 and that it would be amazing is Newton wins and then Newton knocked him the fuck out. You know Bjorn is pissed.

3. There's definitely a different look and feel to the whole thing when you're there. It was cool, though. I'd go again. But I also got the sense of how small Bellator really is, even though they're like the 2nd most important MMA org in the world right now. Like half of the arena was curtained off and even the half that was actively being used was only about half full.
    Yeah, they are definitely small shows. They are all about the TV product, I guess. Hence all the small markets and strange venues.

As for Mo, I was pretty much waiting for that to happen after his last fight and the way he was fighting this one. Not with a spinning back fist, of course, but I'm not surprised at all that he got knocked out. In fact, I don't think any of us in chat were, BOL.

02-21-13 10:17 PM <poopoo333> he just acted like he was a stud boxer
    02-21-13 10:17 PM <poopoo333> it's what cost him the feijao fight too
    02-21-13 10:17 PM <poopoo333> really not surprised though like you guys said
    02-21-13 10:16 PM <zY|> Mo is frustrating to watch.
    02-21-13 10:16 PM <poopoo333> i quit bellator
    02-21-13 10:16 PM <poopoo333> ruined my parlay
    02-21-13 10:16 PM <poopoo333> yeah
    02-21-13 10:12 PM <Vandelay> holds his own with the world class boxers in the gym...ok
    02-21-13 10:11 PM <zY|> I know. You are a wrestler. Put your fucking hands up
    02-21-13 10:10 PM <Vandelay> he was getting tagged quite a bit before that
    02-21-13 10:10 PM <zY|> Needs to quit being cute and thinking he's mayweather
    02-21-13 10:09 PM <zY|> Spinning backfist was crazy, but I'm not surprised he got knocked out.
    02-21-13 10:09 PM <zY|> Lol he took like an hour to fall down
    02-21-13 10:08 PM <Vandelay> k1 my ass
    02-21-13 10:08 PM <zY|> Oh wow
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Yeah, they are definitely small shows. They are all about the TV product, I guess. Hence all the small markets and strange venues.
    It really felt more like a regional show. In some ways I think that was kind of cool though. We had the cheapest seats but because of the small crowd they were still pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    As for Mo, I was pretty much waiting for that to happen after his last fight and the way he was fighting this one. Not with a spinning back fist, of course, but I'm not surprised at all that he got knocked out. In fact, I don't think any of us in chat were, BOL.
    I didn't know much about Newton, but he seemed cool on the promo video. I cheered pretty damn hard when he won. I (almost) always love a good upset.
    I heart cock

Oh, another note:

When Rad Martinez lost, 75% of the crowd IMMEDIATELY began filing out. I know he was the local guy, but I was still a little disappointed by that. There was a small core group who was respectful enough to clap for the Russian and wait for his post-fight interview, but most people just got the fuck out.

And the number of people who were still in their seats when the swing bout went down after the main event? Like . . . maybe 20. Seriously.
    I heart cock

How much were your seats?
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Like $50.
    I heart cock

I didn't know much about Newton, but he seemed cool on the promo video. I cheered pretty damn hard when he won.
    So did Newton. I LOL'd when he jumped up and down so much he lost his balance and stumbled back into the ref.

Yeah, that shit was hilarious.
    I heart cock

Recent comments from King Mo. . .

“I didn’t take nothing from it, man,” Lawal said, “worse shit happens. It’s not like the dude thought, ‘Alright, I’m going to throw a one-two-three- spinning back fist.’ The mother****** had his back turned and was scared, so he threw that spinning back fist because he didn’t know where the f*** I was at, and it landed. You know what I’m saying, camp went good, trained hard for him, it’s not like he was setting that thing up the whole time, he just threw that s*** out the blue. S*** lands sometimes, you know what I’m saying? If it’s a rematch, 99% of the time, I’m going to win that fight. The dude knew it, he knew it, that’s why he was so shocked when it landed. It is what it is, you know what I’m saying, I ain’t take nothing from it. I’m not going to change shit that I do. S*** happens, know what I’m saying, so I’m just going to be more aware of spinning s*** that I don’t see, make sure I see it.”

“Striking is striking, training is training,” he said in response to questions about his preparation. “Not many people throw spinning back fists in training because people get hurt from it. You don’t see spinning back fists… in Showtime because people get hurt from it, you don’t throw it. In K-1, how many times do you see it? How many spinning back fists have you ever seen? How many people throw spinning back fists? Cung Le is one, Shonie Carter, and that’s about it…. [Emanuel Newton] wasn’t outlanding me, I was outlanding him. He didn’t test me with nothing really, I was testing him. He was switching and going backwards, we threw a combo, an exchange; he had his back turned to me, I thought he was running away, and he threw a spinning back fist. People want to make a bigger deal about it, that’s the way it is, you know what I’m saying? People win, people lose. In a rematch, that s*** wouldn’t happen. If you watch the fight, the dude was like, ‘well, I looked over my shoulder.’ Mother****** you didn’t look over your damn shoulder, you threw that s*** out of fear. Because when you throw a spinning back fist, and you know you’re going to throw it, you’re going to throw like Shonie Carter did. You’re going to throw it like Cung Le throws it. They set that s*** up, they throw it, boom boom boom, they set it up. He just threw that s*** because he was scared and he had his back turned. It is what it is, you know what, good for him it landed. It landed, good for him. But that’s a one-time thing. It’s not going to land on nobody else.”
    I heart cock

Y he mad tho?

Cause he Queen Mo?

You already know.....
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

BOL

I'll say this shit, we probably all know there's some truth to what he says, but he also sounds like a sore loser who's probably not as good of a fighter as he thinks he is.
    I heart cock

Or maybe he should fucking wrestle like he is supposed to instead of trying to box like a fancy fucking fucker

Mo is a can.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Well let's don't go overboard.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Or maybe he should fucking wrestle like he is supposed to instead of trying to box like a fancy fucking fucker
    I dunno . . . I don't really like putting people in boxes like that. I mean, it's MMA and I generally consider it a good thing when fighters start to round themselves out . . . strikers learning to grapple and grapplers learning to strike. You can't deny that Mo hasn't picked up some solid striking skills. He's got a lot of KO wins. If he had been too scared to strike then that wouldn't have happened.
    I heart cock

I dunno . . . I don't really like putting people in boxes like that. I mean, it's MMA and I generally consider it a good thing when fighters start to round themselves out . . . strikers learning to grapple and grapplers learning to strike. You can't deny that Mo hasn't picked up some solid striking skills. He's got a lot of KO wins. If he had been too scared to strike then that wouldn't have happened.
    Well the only other loss he has, he did try to wrestle, he just couldn't keep Feijao down enough. That said, he really only has 2 good wins to his credit... so I think the jury is still out on him. He has only fought 2 top 10ish guys and he is 1-1.

Yeah, I was going to mention that he did try to take Feijao down. If I remember correctly he was working on a single leg when he got hit in the head like a thousand times and KOd.

Like I said, I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is. He's good . . . but he's not great, at least not yet. Put him in the UFC and his success would largely depend on the matchups he was given. I mean, could you see him beating Jones or Machida? What about Gustaffson, Hendo, Rashad or Shogun?
    I heart cock

I think he might be able to beat Hendo, but none of the others. I pretty much agree with you, I think he is good, but not great. I don't think he will likely improve significantly though, he is 32 and doesn't seem particularly open to new things. He is probably going to rely on wrestling, boxing, and steroids only... and I think he is pretty much at his limit.

Hendo, really?

Of all the guys in that list the one that seemed most likely for him to beat for me was Rashad, especially after Rashad's last performance against Lil' Nog.
    I heart cock

Vera > Mo

I was really high on Mo when He first started out, but Im just tired of this fuckin guy anymore. He needs do put together a couple quality wins and shut the fuck up for awhile.

too harsh?
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    too harsh?
    Maybe about the Vera part. . .

But I agree, he needs to put a run together and accomplish something before acting like he's the best in the division. Here's what I think's going to happen, write it down now: Newton is going to win the LHW tourney. Mo will then win the NEXT tourney, setting up the Mo-Newton rematch. Mo will beat him and become Bellator champ. He'll then defend it once or twice and get signed by the UFC.

With that said, would be that shocking if Newton beat him again? I don't think so.
    I heart cock