Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 161

I don't know that much about Pague but a quick look at his record tells me Jabouin should probably whoop dat ass.
    I heart cock

yeah ive been looking that one over and jab looks like the better fighter but i havent really seen them fight. i just read some play by plays.

i am also partial to john maguire.
    1 unit = 300 $

I read maguires record and the play by plays for his fights and he beat Justin Edwards and Demarques Johnson at 170. His fights against Riddle and Hathaway seemed somewhat competitive. He lost them both though.

His opponent mitch clarke fought cholish and looked decent for the first round. In fact I think he won it. After that he had what appeared to be an adrenaline dump. I think he even came out and said the jitters got to him. His second fight was against Anton Kuivanen who beat him by split decision. Kuivanen has a decent record. He won the first round against Michael Cheisa before getting tapped out. I am thinking he will look better than his first fight now that he has possibly shed the jitters and has some experience.

Maguire seems to be the better fighter.

I kinda like Jaboin because he seems to be somewhat well rounded, trains at tri star and going by what I have read he has a strong striking game. If Pague isn't really that great in any area jaboins striking game could be the deciding factor. I really have to watch these fights though. I haven't seen much.

Poopoo, you have an opinion on this?
    1 unit = 300 $

I am thinking Stipe has trouble controlling Roy with his wrestling and Roy probably catches his chin at some point but I am concerned that Stipe might be able to outpoint him for three rounds. Mix in a takedown or two and some boxing. He could probably do it but I'm not sure. He beat Joey Beltran doing that but I think Roy is a step up from Beltran. Probably more than one step up. Better wrestler with much more power in his hands and the same ability to take damage. Beltran was Stipes first fight in the octagon though.

After seeing Roy knock out Mitrione, Kongo and Herman in the first round its hard to think he wont catch Stipe at some point. Herman isn't really that great. His striking kinda stinks but he doesn't suck overall as a fighter. It is hard to get much from that fight because it was over so fast. His wins over Mitrione and Kongo are impressive though. Mitrione is a decent striker and so is Kongo. I remember him putting Kongo up against the cage as well.

Roys losses arent bad either. Werdum has looked really good. Mir isn't bad at all. Roy claimed to have the flu in that fight and I beleive him. Mir did handle him in that fight though.

Roy has been talking about how he is actually hiring trainers and investing his winnings into himself by actually having something resembling a professional camp. I think that means he should be steadily improving.

I guess the main thing that worries me is Stipes wrestling but Roys overall MMA experience/ability should cancel that out. Stipe is still kinda green. Anyways, Roy at -250 seems like a gift at this point but Stipe doesn't suck.
    1 unit = 300 $

Jimmo/ Pokrajac:

Jimmo has had some trouble with guys that werent amazing in the past. I heard the sokodjou fight was a robbery. Before that he had some close ones. He floored Perosh but he isn't exactly great on the feet. He probably coulda got the win against Te huna but ended up losing.

My concern with Pokrajac is he is a decent wrestler with a lot of power in his hands. That is what Te huna is and he just beat Jimmo. Granted Jimmo could have gotten the stoppage in that one and probably gassed himself out from trying for it.

Pokrajac got handled by Beltran and Stephan bonnar. I remember thinking the Maldanado fight was close and could have gone either way. Krystof Sozynski retired right after the loss to pokrajac so he probably wasn't as game as he has been in other fights and he was never really that good to begin with. He was beating Vinny Magalaes before he got tapped out according to what I read. He dropped Te huna if memory serves me.

Anyways he has some power in his hands and could land some takedowns. Tough call. I don't really like paying for Jimmo but he seems like he is the more technical striker and has decent takedown defense. Igor didn't really seem to take Maldanado down too too easily and his T3d is somewhat porous. Tough call.

Opinions?
    1 unit = 300 $

Pat barry/Shawn Jordan:

I think Pat barrys grappling still sucks but he is really dangerous on the feet which makes him harder to bet against. Jordan was a high school state wrestling champ and can do back flips so its safe to say he is athletic. I could see Jordan outwrestling him or Barry knocking him out.

Both Morecraft and Shane took Barry down IIRc and had him in bad positions.

I think russow gassed against Jordan after beating him for the first round.

This one is too close to call. No bet.
    1 unit = 300 $

Roys the only good bet I can see so far. Maybe Jaboin and Maguire.

I would bet woodley but I don't like the line. Shields didn't look so hot against Akiyama who doesn't really look so hot against anyone. Granted he had a tough string of opponents. He fought mostly two top ten guys and gave Leben a really good fight. I beleive he was winning that one.

I think Woodley could beat shields but shields is much more experienced and very crafty. Either way Woodley is probably a bad matchup for him. He has good wrestling and power in his hands. Shields hands are shit but you never know he could just go out there and lean him up against the wall for 15 fucking minutes. He could also catch a sub..
    1 unit = 300 $

I went ahead and put a little bit on Shields. I also took Roy for enough to win a unit. Might put more on Roy.

I agree that Shields has looked a bit sketchy lately, but I've never really been sold on Woodley as a truly top welterweight. I'm not saying I'm particularly confident in either outcome, but I think we might find that Woodley is a bit out of his depth here.
    I heart cock

Yeah woodley seems to scrape by a lot. He did great in his last one but shields is really good at what he does. He might be worth a bet.
    1 unit = 300 $

how about krause versus stout? stout has faced a lot of top competition but he has a lot of close fights and i dont know shit about krause. I know he got beat by justin lawrence.
    1 unit = 300 $

I took Shields. Woodley blasted Hieron, but Shields has taken down better wrestlers consistently, and survived an H-bomb which Woodley cannot really produce. Woodley might be able to stave off the takedown but I don't see him really winning grappling exchanges or being able to press Shields against the fence.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    What was going to happen.

Btw whatis the wiseman take on jimmo pokrajac?
    That was gonna get blazed for hammering country.
    No real opinion but I think at current odds its pokrojac or nothing.

I see no reason for Jimmo to be such a heavy favorite here. Pokrajac may not be top tier but neither is Jimmo in My opinion. Jimmo just got done being beaten by a guy who's skillset virtually matches Pokrajac's as well. Maybe Igor can't get the takedown early, but that doesn't mean he won't try and find other openings with it.

yeah thats my thing as well. i do think jimmo is a better fighter and i do think te huna is better that pokrajac but i don't want to pay jimmos line.
    1 unit = 300 $

Actually igor is not as good as te huna. My evidence would be their performances against joey beltran. Te huna dominated him for three rounds and beltran beat igor 30-27.
    1 unit = 300 $

I like Jimmo, but I thought he lost to Sokoudjou just a few years ago. So really, the line is pretty fucking crazy to me.
    I heart cock

I realize Igor isn't as talented as Te Huna, but the skillset is virtually the same. Jimmo obviously has problems with guys who can mix up heavy hands and wrestling, and unless he can tag Igor coming in and actually finish it he very well could lose the fight.

Anyone looked at the Pierson/Robertson fight yet? Pierson has looked pretty good against everyone who's not top 10 in the division.
    I heart cock

pierson isnt bad but either is robertson.
    1 unit = 300 $

I guess I'll need to watch some tape. I really don't know anything about Robertson.
    I heart cock