Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 162

Tapped to the kneebar the moment Miller grabbed his leg cause he couldnt get the quick sub, Cerrone finished him with a bodyshot, Swanson with a punch to the face. Sub in a tough fighter into these situations and they will probably try to fight through it or at least offer up resistance. I just havent seen him battle through a tough spot. I mean look at all of his wins, he was either dominating or it ended early.

I get what your saying. I didn't see the Swanson fight and I only have vague memories of the others. I am still skeptical though. Body shots have stopped more than one guy before, Cerrone is actually one of them. Swanson has knocked out a few guys and kneebars are probably pretty damn painful. You could be right. I'm not saying you aren't.

You could also say the same thing about Stefan Struve though. He doesn't go to decision but I still think he is tough.
    1 unit = 300 $

Struve takes a ton of punishment before he goes out.

My main thing with Oliveira is that he goes out more easily than most other fighters. The one with swanson was weird cause he didnt appear to be rocked or anything. Just took a punch to the orbital bone and spun down and basically tapped. Cerrones body shot didnt appear to land flush either. Just my opinion on the guy. I think he is supremely talented, just doesnt quite have that mental makeup.

Also, anyone else can chime in on this topic. It's not just edman and I in here.

I agree Vand. A lot of young guys that are dominant haven't learned to fight through adversity very well. He was 20 when he first fought in the UFC, and stopped every fight he was in (save 1) prior to that. I give him a pass on the knee bar because it was sunk and his legs are scrawny. I do think he folded a bit in his loss to Cerrone. I didn't see the Swanson fight.

But he might still harden up some. It happens to a lot of young phenoms, and then they get over it. Rory Mac folded up shop when Condit didn't roll over for him. It happens all the time. Even GSP went through it when he said he just couldn't mentally beat Hughes in their first fight.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I agree. I don't like the props in this fight Edgar can definitely finish this. I feel comfortably laying the juice on Edgar. And Anderson is going down. I goin to vegas to lay some coin on Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewisemann View Post
    I agree. I don't like the props in this fight Edgar can definitely finish this. I feel comfortably laying the juice on Edgar. And Anderson is going down. I goin to vegas to lay some coin on Weidman.
    I still think Anderson is going to tko him.
    1 unit = 300 $

Of course he can. But I think weidman will ground him f or 5 rds

Good luck on that Wisemann.

I don't know that it is a given that Weidman is going to be able to take him down. I like Weidman OK at the current odds, but I definitely have Anderson as the favorite. I won't bet either guy.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I might bet Anderson.
    1 unit = 300 $

Anyone think there is a chance Leben could open as a dog to Andrew Craig?
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Good luck on that Wisemann.

I don't know that it is a given that Weidman is going to be able to take him down. I like Weidman OK at the current odds, but I definitely have Anderson as the favorite. I won't bet either guy.
    I really like Weidman, but the 5 rounds scares the crap out of me. You just can't gas agains't Silva

Weidman isn't really a gasser generally speaking. He gets that reputation because he takes a lot of fights on short notice. Maia for one. I think Munoz was the second one IIRC. Sakara was short notice as well. I think the thing that could hurt him the most is his layoff.
    1 unit = 300 $

I am worried about the layoff

I am worried about the layoff
    Maybe you shouldnt bet too big. Youve got a lot of other good opportunities on the card.
    1 unit = 300 $

Undecided. I have 3u on him right now. Depends on the line in vegas. Probably bet anywhere from 2000 to 5000 depending on how I do on poker.

I planned on going big on Lamas but that's a no go. Got my eye on Edgar and Swanson too.

I just rewatched Weidman vs Munoz and I do have to say that shit was impressive. Broken foot or not. The grappling was insane. The entrance for the takedown was impeccable and that elbow he dropped him with was amazingly timed. Even if he loses to Silva now I could see him pulling it off in the future.
    1 unit = 300 $

I planned on going big on Lamas but that's a no go. Got my eye on Edgar and Swanson too.
    I was with ya on Lamas. I thought he would beat a somewhat overrated KZ. I liked him at -160. Very nice. Too bad it didn't work out. I am not sure I'm with you on Swanson though. I'm going to rewatch some of his fights. I wouldn't underestimate Siver. His standup is really good. He is a technical kickboxer. Cub has knocked out a lot of dudes but one problem I have is he loops a lot of power punches. One of them could easily land on Siver and end the fight but Siver could avoid the big bomb for three rounds. Cub's BJJ is probably better than Sivers but I would be surprised if he could consistently get the fight to the ground. Siver has pretty solid TDD. Wiman couldn't take him down and Siver was able to manhandle Nam Phan.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Tapped to the kneebar the moment Miller grabbed his leg cause he couldnt get the quick sub, Cerrone finished him with a bodyshot, Swanson with a punch to the face. Sub in a tough fighter into these situations and they will probably try to fight through it or at least offer up resistance. I just havent seen him battle through a tough spot. I mean look at all of his wins, he was either dominating or it ended early.
    I just rewatched Swanson vs Oliviera and I know think I get what you are saying. Though I will say that Oliviera got nailed with a liver shot and a hard headshot before he went down.
    1 unit = 300 $