Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 162

Actually I meant to say Siver

Ah nice. I like that we are on the same page. I just watched Swanson Vs Oliviera and Swanson vs Ross Pearson and I noticed a few things:

1:) Swanson has really dynamic standup. He threw Capoeria kicks and a lot of fast powerful punched. They were more precise than I remember.

2:) He gets taken down a lot. Pearson took him down three or four times in two rounds. Oliviera took him down in their fight. He did get back to his feet pretty quickly in all cases though.

I think his style could take a lot of energy. He ko'd Pearson while he was running forward with his hands down chasing him. I think Siver is more the fighter to try and stay on the outside and use his kickboxing and shoot in for takedowns. I still see Siver as a bad stylistic matchup for Swanson.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Ah nice. I like that we are on the same page. I just watched Swanson Vs Oliviera and Swanson vs Ross Pearson and I noticed a few things:

1:) Swanson has really dynamic standup. He threw Capoeria kicks and a lot of fast powerful punched. They were more precise than I remember.

2:) He gets taken down a lot. Pearson took him down three or four times in two rounds. Oliviera took him down in their fight. He did get back to his feet pretty quickly in all cases though.

I think his style could take a lot of energy. He ko'd Pearson while he was running forward with his hands down chasing him. I think Siver is more the fighter to try and stay on the outside and use his kickboxing and shoot in for takedowns. I still see Siver as a bad stylistic matchup for Swanson.
    Not that MMAth means much, but Pearson stayed outside on Siver and picked him apart. Siver probably get's pressured here by Swanson.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I thought PEarson pushed him up against the cage.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Not that MMAth means much, but Pearson stayed outside on Siver and picked him apart. Siver probably get's pressured here by Swanson.
    I just read the play by plays and you are right. Boy was I wrong. For some reason I thought I read a long time ago that Pearson outwrestled him. Maybe I'll lay off this one.
    1 unit = 300 $

Munoz line is looki pretty nice. Im a little worried about the layoff though. Especially considering boetsche does have the skills to win.
    1 unit = 300 $

I like Munoz here. Hopefully he comes to wrestle and not to fight.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Hes had a long layoff. I just watched a vid of him saying hes been in the gym for the past six months and he has abs. The thing that worries me is Boetsche has wrestling and decent enough striking. Though I will say Okami man handled Boetsche and Munoz gave Okami a good fight.
    1 unit = 300 $

Anyone like Roger Gracie over Tim Kennedy? Superior reach and superior grappling. Kennedy's striking hasn't seemed to be all that amazing.
    1 unit = 300 $

Thats a tough one. Gracies striking is pretty underwhelming, but kennedys isnt much better. Kennedy should be able to dictate where fight happens and I think he can nullify Gracie on the ground for short periods of time as long as he is on top.

Yeah I was thinking something similar. Ill probably stay away. I am thinking I will stay away from Munoz as well. Clear paths to victory for Boetsche.

So far I like, Barboza over Oliviera, Mike Pierce of Mitchell, Edgar over Oliviera, Leben over Craig, and Anderson Silva over that other guy.

What do you think of Craig vs Leben? Who wins and what do you see as the opening line?
    1 unit = 300 $

Barboza and Pierce will both have high lines. Pierces last fight gives pause for concern, but mitchell is a grappler so he will lose.

Leben vs Craig...who cares? Leben looked god awful and is legitimately battle worn. Craig is a nobody.

Anyone have a link for Kennedy/Jacare?

I like Gracie, but then I don't think Kennedy can nullify him on the ground for more than 30 seconds. That said, Gracie's standup is not great. He does pump the jab though.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Barboza and Pierce will both have high lines. Pierces last fight gives pause for concern, but mitchell is a grappler so he will lose.

Leben vs Craig...who cares? Leben looked god awful and is legitimately battle worn. Craig is a nobody.

A couple things about Leben. He had a bad alcohol/drug addiction that from what I have read was badly affecting his training and performance. The Brunson fight was a 14 month layoff BTW. That surely affected his cardio. Brunson also came to wrestle from what I read in the play by plays.

Craig has got lucky in his two ufc wins. Natal was beating his ass and Noke blew his knee out during the fight after kicking his ass for one round. Craig is a decent grappler though and he is really tough. Kinda like Leben.

I know this is going to sound lame and you will think I am dumb for believing it but Leben has been putting out training vids. He is now married and living in San Diego. He claims that he isnt out parting and he is training all day. He is now a member of Alliance training center. A really good gym. No long layoff for him this time. I'm thinking he should come out looking good in this.

Leben was high on oxy cotins during the munoz fight. He shouldn't be high on oxy cotins during this fight.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Anyone have a link for Kennedy/Jacare?

I like Gracie, but then I don't think Kennedy can nullify him on the ground for more than 30 seconds. That said, Gracie's standup is not great. He does pump the jab though.
    My thing with the stand up is this. Kennedy has not really shown much in that department either. Gracie is six foot four and Kennedy is listed as five foot eleven. Gracies arms also looked to be very long. He has a real skinny build. That is an advantage. I don't know if its enough of an advantage though. All of Kennedy's knockouts are in regional promotions. Since he made it to strikeforce he has been winning by outwrestling and outgrappling all of his opponents. I am guessing he has no chance with Gracie on the ground.

I'll wait to see Gracies odds. If I can get him at +130 or more I will go a unit, maybe a unit and a half on it. Gracie is the better grappler. He lacks the experience though.
    1 unit = 300 $

I changed my mind on siver. Swanson is just too crazy standing. He could easily catch siver and knock him out. He looked great in his recent fights.

I thought about taking oliviera over frankie with 3.5 points but i am pretty certain he cant stop frankie from taking him down and frankies submission defense is probably pretty solid. Standing, oliviera can win for sure.

I will probably take roger gracie with points and chris leben with points if i can get him. Im not sure who will be the dog in that fight. I think it should be craig but leben hasnt looked great in a while so who knows.
    1 unit = 300 $

Leben will be favored.

Yeah your right. He will open as the favorite. He could end up the dog at some point. I wonder if 5 dimes will offer points on him or gracie if they are the dog.

My theory on the gracie fight is this. Gracie could sub kennedy. Knndy cant sub gracie. Either one could land a flukey knock out blow but they probably wont. Gracie is going to have a huge reach advantage a la the kevin randleman fight. There is a good chance gracie can outpoint kenndy standing or dominate one round on the ground. He could lose the fight 29 28 but i am banking on him winning at least one round.

H opened as the fav. Kennedy is now the favorite. 5dimes will end up giving one of the 3.5 points most likely. I am just hoping they give it to gracie. They should. If they do, thats a real good bet. Same thing goes for leben. If somehow he ends up the dog. Ill take him with points. He should def be able to win a round and shouldnt get stopped.
    1 unit = 300 $

I am looking forward to this card. I think i can make a lot of money. I hope at least.
    1 unit = 300 $

Im thinking about playing this 3.5 points thing a lot more. It could be really useful.
    1 unit = 300 $