Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF Brazile 2 Finale June 8th (UFC on Fuel TV 10)

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I like Jason High at near +300 for sure.
    Why? I think Silva smokes him

Yeah I agree. Nog has been using his hands a lot more lately and hes been doing so effectively. Werdum has gotten good with them as well. I think he is much better standing. He has technique while it seems like Nog is kinda winging his punches and getting lucky.

I am also thinking Rony Bezerra should beat Wilkinson but I haven't seen Wilkinson fight. Bezerra is much more experienced and well rounded. Wilkinson seems like a grappler on paper. I read his UFC bio and it said that he started training in submission wrestling four years ago and then he transitioned into MMA. If that is the extent of his training then he should be at a big disadvantage to Bezera because he is a black belt in Jiu jitsu as well as a pretty good striker with a good chin.

Assuncao and Werdum are probably pretty solid.
    1 unit = 300 $

I just like the way they match up. High's wrestling with Silva's not so great wrestling + bad cardio. However...if High can wrestle a bit in round 1 and Silva still does well, I think he will tire halfway through r2 and let High take over. Either that or Silva kills him quick. Just my opinion though...Silva did get Fitch in some bad positions that High might not be able to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    He should, but after watching Nog light up Schaub and also tagging Mir before being taken to the ground I dont want to lay -300 on Werdum
    I know what you mean. He kinda came out of nowhere. I think Werdum is a better striker than both of them though. He dominated Roy for three rounds and destroyed Russow. Granted Russows standup is kinda shitty but you have to admit Werdum looked very technically sound.

I just watched nog schaub. Schaub caught him and wobbled him at one point but Nog dropped him pretty damn nicely.
    1 unit = 300 $

I just like the way they match up. High's wrestling with Silva's not so great wrestling + bad cardio. However...if High can wrestle a bit in round 1 and Silva still does well, I think he will tire halfway through r2 and let High take over. Either that or Silva kills him quick. Just my opinion though...Silva did get Fitch in some bad positions that High might not be able to survive.
    Yeah I was thinking the same. I do wonder if Silva has gotten his cardio in a better position.
    1 unit = 300 $

I don't think High is definitely going to win or anything, but I am always going to bet a strong wrestler at +300 against a guy that has shown his main weakness is wrestling/cardio.

I was pretty drunk last night and bet way too much on Eric Silva. Same shit I did with Maynard.

I don't think High is definitely going to win or anything, but I am always going to bet a strong wrestler at +300 against a guy that has shown his main weakness is wrestling/cardio.
    Cant disagree with that.
    1 unit = 300 $

1 unit = 300 $

To be fair Maynard should have been able to win that fight. If he'd have tried to wrestle Grant up I can't help but think he'd have done much better, and he didn't exactly do terribly before getting rocked and finished. He snapped Grant's head back a few times and looked to be getting the better of things until he got clipped.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    To be fair Maynard should have been able to win that fight. If he'd have tried to wrestle Grant up I can't help but think he'd have done much better, and he didn't exactly do terribly before getting rocked and finished. He snapped Grant's head back a few times and looked to be getting the better of things until he got clipped.
    Huh?

Did you post that shit in the wrong thread?

I just rewatched Werdum vs Roy and Big nog vs Herman. I think Werdums standup is a lot better. Nog did look pretty quick on his feet against Herman though. Only issue is Herman kept dropping his hands a lot and really isn't that skilled when it comes to striking. I would think Werdums defense should be good enough for Big nog. Wrestling is an area where I wouldn't be shocked to see Nog shine. He looked pretty solid against Herman who is a solid wrestler. Herman looked a little bewildered out there though so that could be why he was taken down.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Huh?

Did you post that shit in the wrong thread?
    No. I was addressing Wiseman's post.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Thoughts on Anthony Smith vs Braga Neto?

Neto has good takedowns for a bjj guy. Smith took a round off Roger until Roger decided to fight- I think he only lasted about 20 seconds on the ground. Smith's hands are way better (Neto has no striking to speak of).
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

You fuckers need to get on subject and figure out who's winning Saturday.

Who cares, they are Brazilian. They aren't even real people.

Who cares, they are Brazilian. They aren't even real people.
    I agree, but I'd bet on dogs or cock fighting if I knew who was gone to win........so chop chop

Anyone else thinking Hirota should be favored over Damm?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Anyone else thinking Hirota should be favored over Damm?
    IVe been hearing that idea tossed around a little bit. Yahya controlled Hirota pretty easily for over ten minutes though. Damm is a black belt champ and a brazil national wrestling champion. I haven't really watched him fight but I have to wonder if he can do what Yahya did. Standing Hirota could have it. This might be a good live betting option.
    1 unit = 300 $

It looks like Hirota gave Healy a run for his money. Junkie scored it for Hirota. One sherdog judge scored it for Hirota. Also apparently Pat Militech scored it for Hirota. I am also reading Damms chin kinda sucks. Hirota has big power. Could be a good bet.
    Last edited by edman5555; 06-06-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    1 unit = 300 $