Thread: Feedback for New Information Based MMA Betting Website

Feedback for New Information Based MMA Betting Website

What's up IWS members,

I've been a long time lurker and I respect the opinion of the members in this forum. I've contacted admin before posting this and they said it was cool to start a thread requesting feedback.

Basically, I've been developing an information based MMA Betting website (www.fightbetnetwork.com) for quite some time now and thought it would be a good idea to reach out to some people that may be interested in using it. The main goal of the website is centralize any information that could ultimately influence a betting decision.

The three main pages are:

Fight Breakdown Pages
    example: http://www.fightbetnetwork.com/fight...e-vs-nick-diaz

Odds Page:
    http://www.fightbetnetwork.com/odds/

News Aggregator Page:
    http://www.fightbetnetwork.com/news/aggregator

We're in the process of developing some new tools but really like to get some feedback on our current features as well as ask you guys what new features you would think is useful.

Any feedback good or bad is useful to us!

I am impressed.
    1 unit = 300 $

That looks good. I will definitely check that out regularly.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Good info man, I like it.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Very nice man. I think the more videos you add to the website, the more people it will draw to it . I'm not sure if thats the direction you want to go or not but gamblers as ALWAYS trying to find past video. Contests and fantasy events always seem to bring people in too. Great website though. Its exactly what I had in mind a few years ago when I was about to start one

i love the line movement news section. Bettors would probably check out that section alot.

The site looks great. I'm sure I'll check it out a lot. Since you asked, I have a few suggestions:

• One thing I'd really like to know about a fight is who the judges are going to be. I don't know if it's possible to find out in advance, but if someone could, that would be great.

• Something that could be added to the fighter information is their typical stance (orthodox / southpaw).

• Maybe this one is just me, but I'd like to see a site where you had the option to express the odds in "implied winning percentage" format, instead of just moneyline or decimal.

Site is pretty damn sexy.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Thank you all for the feedback, it is much appreciated!

1. More Videos

At the moment, the video section is basically a feed from YouTube based on the search query of "fighter name MMA" (ie "Gegard Mousasi MMA"). Ideally it would be great if I could have videos of the last 3 fights, but this will be highly unlikely especially for UFC fights as most are removed from any video streaming sites. I'll look into other video feeds though. I know Dailymotion often has fight videos that aren't shown in YouTube.

2. Who is Judging the Fight

Yeah this would be great! I have to find a way to implement this. I'm not sure how long prior to a fight this information is released or if this information is released at all. I'll think of something.

3. Fighter's Stance

I just added this information in the fight breakdown pages, within the "fighting style" section. I actually had this information in my database but forgot to include it in the latest update. Thanks!

4. Implied Probability

The Tooltip (with cursor, hover over the odds for a couple seconds) currently displays the implied probability. I also added the option to display all the odds in Implied Probability. This option has been added to the "Odds Format:" drop down selection.

Keep the feedback coming!

I think it would be hard to find out who the judges are consitently. I think the commisions change depending on where the fight is so the information might not be available via the same avenue for each UFC. If you can find out more power to you. The website is impressive. Good luck with it.
    1 unit = 300 $

One suggestion, and I might be the only person who cares about this... but on BFO you can hover over a fighter's name and get the odds history from their last few fights. I think that is useful. On your breakdown page, you have the recent history wins/losses. I would like to see where you can hover over a recent fight and see what the line was at fight time. To me, that helps with assessing whether the fighter is regularly over or undervalued.

TLDR- add odds history for recent fights
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Thanks again for the feedback guys.

As for the odds history, I'll add that as soon as I can. Been trying to think of a way to display that information visually some how (graphically probably, similar to the line movement charts). This could be a measure of 'Hype' on a specific fighter.