Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on FOX 8: INJURED

UFC on FOX 8: INJURED

Last edited by Luke; 07-12-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Tarec Saffiedine vs. Robbie Lawler, Danny Castillo vs. Bobby Green added to UFC on Fox 8

Surely Guillard gets his mojo back here. . .

And if Danzig loses, is it Cut City?
    I heart cock

I think when Guillard loses, it is cut city.

Saffiedine should beat Lawler easy. Great TDD, solid in the clinch, and a better technical striker...he just has to avoid the big shot.

Ellenberger/Macdonald is interesting...has MacDonald fought a wrestler yet?

Im thinking maybe castillo over green, edwards over fisher and dj over moraga.
    1 unit = 300 $

Massival will probably beat cheisa but im not sure if i am underrating cheisas wrestling. Most of those fights are too close to call.
    1 unit = 300 $

I'll be betting Moraga and Moraga + the points if it's reasonable. He has very solid wrestling and decent striking, I think both guys will be spending some time on their backs in this fight.

Really? I read his play by plays against cariaso and cariaso seemed to be doing pretty well against him. I know its a different matchup but cariaso hasnt really been that successful in the ufc.
    1 unit = 300 $

I kind of like Castillo over Green too, although I got burned betting against him with Volkmann. However..Volkmann gassed horribly in that fight which was a big part of his loss. I don't think Castillo will do that. I wouldn't lay big juice on Castillo but I like him to win for sure.

Edwards/Fisher will be a good fight and most likely pretty close. I'd bet either guy at decent + numbers and would bet the decision prop at -250 or better for sure.

I lean Schaub over Mitrione despite the glass jaw issue. I think if he clinches up with Meathead and gets a takedown or two he can tire him out and make it an ugly fight. I don't see Mitrione winning any other way than by (T)KO so there is a possible hedge there too.

I love Robbie Lawler @ -125 against Siyar. He has the wrestling advantage, cardio advantage, and the striking should be a wash. Both guys pack big power and Lawler has a chin on him..not sure how Siyar's chin is.

Based on Guillard's situation I like Danzig at such a close line.

I am guessing MacDonald will beat Ellenberger but I couldn't really take anything from the Penn fight. Penn was an undersized human punching bag that literally gassed out in less than 3 minutes of the fight. I am curious to see how MacDonald does against a compact wrestler with big power.

As for the rest...I gotta do my "research"

I like your picking lawler. They seem like two brawlers but lawler is a beast. He took everything Melvin manhoef had and ko'ed him. I gotta give him the edge in a brawl. Siyar was also seriously out grappler by Dong. I like Robbie in this one.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I like your picking lawler. They seem like two brawlers but lawler is a beast. He took everything Melvin manhoef had and ko'ed him. I gotta give him the edge in a brawl. Siyar was also seriously out grappler by Dong. I like Robbie in this one.
    Lawler got outstrike by babalu

Yeah i know. I was thinking about that. Lorenz larkin outstruck him as well iirc. He doesnt do well against technical strikers. Im not sure how technical siyar is though. Its also a lower weight class. That could aid robbie unless of course he gasses.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Yeah i know. I was thinking about that. Lorenz larkin outstruck him as well iirc. He doesnt do well against technical strikers. Im not sure how technical siyar is though. Its also a lower weight class. That could aid robbie unless of course he gasses.
    Yeah larkinz did oustrike him but larkinz is a really solid striker. Babalu is not

That Babalu fight was fucking weird. Lawler didn't do shit IIRC

Yeah I remember the same thing. He was apathetic. I remember Pat Militech saying "Lawler is a beast when he is trying to be" or something to that effect. It's actually something that sticks out in my mind. I wonder if he is one of those guys that is semi motivated. He looked really impressive against Koscheck, that's for sure.
    1 unit = 300 $

Lawler is really overrated standing. Loses to many a good striker. He caught a glass chinned Manhoef who was destroying him with leg kicks only. Also he doesnt use his wrestling offensively ever.

Siyar is supposedly a good striker from Overeems camp iirc. Getting grapple fucked by Stun gun happens to lots of fighters.

I agree with the stun gun analysis. I don't think Robbie can match what stun gun did on the ground.
    1 unit = 300 $

Ill be on Siyar if his gets a little better. Lawler is a bum.

Siyar out, Bobby Voelker taking his place