Thread: Jon Fitch Talks Money

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Yeah, I mean after SO many fights--the vast majority of which he won--and being #2 welterweight and title contender for almost a decade, it really seems like Fitch would've made more during his time in the UFC. I mean, after the run he had, I would've expected him to take in a good $3 to $5 million.
    If he were a boxer and ranked #2 for a decade , he'd have banked 25-30 million....or more. The problem is the UFC, they pay what they want and there's nothing anyone can do about it because they are the biggest company in the market. In boxing , there is no company brand you fight under...you have a promoter who takes a portion of the profits, but the boxers get the vast majority of the money. In the UFC ,the owners are getting 80% of the money,in boxing the boxers get 80% of the money. Dana and the Ferritta fags walk around worth hundreds of millions,while UFC fighters make a few hundred thousand. In boxing , Mayweather, Manny, Cotto, the Klit's, walk around worth a 100 million each but Arum and Golden Boy also have that kind of dough.

Its always going to be this way until all the fighters decide to leave the UFC and put cards together on there own. If Anderson Silva and GSP left the UFC and fought on an independent card of there own, they could easily take home 20-25 million each. I'm really not sure why Arum and Golden Boy havent already tried setting mma fights.
    Last edited by Luke; 06-11-2013 at 03:16 PM.