Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: UFC Fight Night 29: Shields vs Maia October 9th

Its too bad Rhousimar is leaving. We could of had Rhousimar versus Maia at 170.
    1 unit = 300 $

Would have rather saw Diaz-Palhares

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Rousimar Palhares’ former coach Murilo Bustamante, head of the Brazilian Top Team, says he is not surprised about Palhares’ latest controversial incident in the UFC Octagon, nor that he has now been cut by the organization and banned for life. Bustamante toldfightersonlymag.com about a tendency to do the same thing in training, injuring teammates played a role in Palhares’s switch last year from BTT to Team Nogueira.

“I wouldn’t normally say anything because usually what happens inside Brazilian Top Team stays inside Brazilian Top Team,” said Bustamante. “But Rousimar has been talking a lot of bulls— about my team so I feel I am free to say what I think as well.”“In the beginning I thought it was because he was naive or had too much nervous energy during the fights.“But then he caused a lot of incidents inside my academy during his camps and I changed my mind. I got tired of seeing how he hurts people so often when he is sparring, especially when he has a fight coming up. We used to argue every time it happened, so we argued a lot.“That was a reason – together with his nonsense excuses every time he lost a fight – that our relationship started to get bitter.“I actually hired a psychologist to help me with him but, as we have seen, it didn’t work.”
    I don't know what Palhares's problem is. I don't think he aims to be a bad guy or an asshole, but he obviously has some kind of mental block that keeps him from understanding how to act like a normal person. He is literally dangerous in the cage (and apparently also in training), and not in the way that all fighters are dangerous. He is a liability.

Still, I kind of hope he gets picked up by Bellator or WSOF, and I assume he will. Bjorn likes picking up problem children anyway. War Machine, Falcao, Brett Rogers, etc.
    I heart cock

Rebney has said he won't have him in Bellator. Maybe he can sign with WSOF and fight Okami.