Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 167 GSP vs Hendricks

The loser of the heavyweight fight at UFC 167 between Frank Mir and Alistair Overeem will be cut. He also said that the doctors have cleared Overeem to fight in November despite the fact he’s suffered two KO losses in 2013.

I wonder if Frank Mir is going to enter the Bellator HW Tournament?

It's hard for me to believe Mir will actually be cut.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    It's hard for me to believe Mir will actually be cut.
    Yeah, he probably "retires" before the UFC gets a chance.

Loser leaves town match! YEAH!
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

The thing about Mir is that not only has he been around for like a decade, but he's a former title holder, he's always been there when the UFC needed him to fill in on late notice, and--from what I've heard--he's Joe Silva's favorite fighter. Also, the guys he's been losing to are among the best of the best.

Just seems to me that before he gets cut he'd get a gimme fight to get him back on track.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    Loser leaves town match! YEAH!
    I thought you were a Mur fan. . .
    I heart cock

The thing about Mir is that not only has he been around for like a decade, but he's a former title holder, he's always been there when the UFC needed him to fill in on late notice, and--from what I've heard--he's Joe Silva's favorite fighter. Also, the guys he's been losing to are among the best of the best.

Just seems to me that before he gets cut he'd get a gimme fight to get him back on track.
    He has dropped 3 in a row. It is obvious they aren't giving him a "gimme fight" since they decided to match him up with Overeem. If they wanted to keep him around they would have set him up with that bum Brandon Vera for a rematch.

IWS ZAK DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK HE JUST WANTS DAT MONEY DAWG

3 in a row sucks, but Hardy dropped 4 in a row and still got another fight, this time against lower level comp.
    I heart cock

3 in a row sucks, but Hardy dropped 4 in a row and still got another fight, this time against lower level comp.
    Different payscale. They also wanted to keep a UK draw around.

I look at Mir as being in that Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes sort of position, i.e. he has earned a spot with the UFC until the day he dies.
    I heart cock

I look at Mir as being in that Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes sort of position, i.e. he has earned a spot with the UFC until the day he dies.
    Well hopefully Overeem doesn't literally kill him.

But honestly it is almost like Mir did something wrong.

He gets Cormier....a horrible style match up, Cormier on a win streak...Mir coming off a loss.

Mir gets dominated...2 losses in a row now...he gets Barnett who is a horrible style match up for him and is also on a roll.

Then Mir gets Reem...another style match up for him that sucks. I think Mir has a better shot at beating Reem then he did of Cormier/Barnett.

Then again, who is a good style match up in the top 10 for Mir? His striking only looks good against Zombie Nog at UFC 92. He has no TDs. Bad cardio. Bad chin. He basically needs to be matched up with other guys that aren't that good to win aka Roy Nelson.

Inb4"roynelsonhaskopower".

I'm ready for anything in this fight. Reem's cardio is as much a liability as Mir's chin, and Reem doesn't have a great chin himself. I favor Reem just because Mir's chin is that fucking fragile but it's not by much. Mir has a legit shot to win this.
    I heart cock

I am, but that He's on the MMA scrap heap with BJ Penn for me.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    IWS ZAK DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK HE JUST WANTS DAT MONEY DAWG

Well hopefully Overeem doesn't literally kill him.
    I hope He does.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Mir's best chance is one of those "holy shit how did he do that?" moments like he has done in the past. Mir isn't good when he is backed up against the cage and that's what Reem does. Reem has bad cardio and a bad chin...but his cardio can last until the 3rd as we saw against Bigfoot in a slow paced fight. He only gassed against Browne because the pace of that fight in the 1st. He gassed against Werdum too which was weird because not much happened there. He seemed to show an improvement in cardio from Werdum (where he was very noticeably tired) to the Bigfoot fight where he didn't seem as gassed by the 3rd.

But honestly it is almost like Mir did something wrong.

He gets Cormier....a horrible style match up, Cormier on a win streak...Mir coming off a loss.

Mir gets dominated...2 losses in a row now...he gets Barnett who is a horrible style match up for him and is also on a roll.

Then Mir gets Reem...another style match up for him that sucks. I think Mir has a better shot at beating Reem then he did of Cormier/Barnett.

Then again, who is a good style match up in the top 10 for Mir? His striking only looks good against Zombie Nog at UFC 92. He has no TDs. Bad cardio. Bad chin. He basically needs to be matched up with other guys that aren't that good to win aka Roy Nelson.

Inb4"roynelsonhaskopower".

It's been a murderer's row for Mir lately, no doubt about it. I mean, maybe he's just not top 5.

But Big Nog is ranked in the top 10 and Mir broke his shit off just a handful of fights ago. I also think Mir would have a legit shot at beating Browne or Bigfoot.

Or if the UFC really just wanted to get Mir a win they could pair him up with someone like Rothwell.
    I heart cock

I don't think Mir would beat Bigfoot. Bigfoot would probably employ the same strategy he did against Arvloski and succeed.

I believe the thing is...Mir SHOULD be fighting guys like Rothwell right now.

Mir would kill Rothwell but it would be a decent enough bounce back fight for him.

I'd like to see Mir fight Bigfoot and Hunt. I think both fights could go either way.

Maybe Mir should just rematch Vera, BOL.
    I heart cock