Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Off Topic Thread

Teaching seems like a shit job to me.

+1 for nursing. You can go to school for 2 years and make $80k. If you decide to further your education, you can end up as a NP and make $150k. Also, as a male, you will always be in demand (they need someone who can actually life a dying fat man).
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Teaching seems like a shit job to me. Its not the pay, which is about average I think, but it is the lack of flexibility and autonomy. You are stuck there at school and there is a lot of oversight. I don't like answering to other people, so it would be a really hard job for me. Plus I would hit a kid.

+1 for nursing. You can go to school for 2 years and get an associates, become an RN and make $80k. If you decide to further your education, you can end up as a NP and make $150k. Also, as a male, you will always be in demand (they need someone who can actually life a dying fat man). I don't think there is a better payoff for time invested than nursing. The only downside is that you have to actually be a nurse, which means other people's bodily fluid and what not. Also, I deal with a lot of former nurses who become "disabled" due to their mental and emotional problems. There seems to be a lot of crazy bitches in the nursing world. But the upside to that is that if they can get a job, that means anyone can.

^^yeah, I didn't realize my Dad didn't even have a Bachelors degree (yet) until my Mom told me. When they sold their restaurant/ended up getting a divorce, he is a RN making around $80k after 2 years of schooling. Crazy shit.

Robbier Lawler vs Matt Brown UFC on FOX 12 main event...DAMN!!

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Teaching seems like a shit job to me.

+1 for nursing. You can go to school for 2 years and make $80k. If you decide to further your education, you can end up as a NP and make $150k. Also, as a male, you will always be in demand (they need someone who can actually life a dying fat man).
    Nurses actually make about the same as teachers around here. They start out at a higher rate of pay, but top out at less. I know a lot of teachers and they top out at 65k where the nurses top out around 55-57k. Its definitely the best degree to get if you want to make a good living in a short amount of time. You only need to do two years of schooling to be a nurse that pays the same as 5 years for a teacher.

I can't see wanting to work 12 hour shifts and nights, but I'm lazy. I'd also have problems dealing with any bodily fluids or giving a shit if someone lived or died.......I have issues.

Nurses are in high demand, though

Teaching is easy imo, but there are times you'd just like to grab the kids by the neck and shaken baby syndrome them. I didn't have to deal with parents, but I'm sure that would be horrible

I want to end up with a job where I have to exert the least amount of physical and mental energy. Basically, I just want to sit and be awake (barely) all day
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Robbier Lawler vs Matt Brown UFC on FOX 12 main event...DAMN!!

Matt Brown is finally going to get the ass beaten he deserves. No where is he better than Lawler
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Nurses actually make about the same as teachers around here. They start out at a higher rate of pay, but top out at less. I know a lot of teachers and they top out at 65k where the nurses top out around 55-57k. Its definitely the best degree to get if you want to make a good living in a short amount of time. You only need to do two years of schooling to be a nurse that pays the same as 5 years for a teacher.

I can't see wanting to work 12 hour shifts and nights, but I'm lazy. I'd also have problems dealing with any bodily fluids or giving a shit if someone lived or died.......I have issues.

Nurses are in high demand, though

Teaching is easy imo, but there are times you'd just like to grab the kids by the neck and shaken baby syndrome them. I didn't have to deal with parents, but I'm sure that would be horrible

I want to end up with a job where I have to exert the least amount of physical and mental energy. Basically, I just want to sit and be awake (barely) all day
    Nurses usually start around that same pay here, maybe $50-60K. But there are a lot of opportunies for advancement in nursing. With teaching, you can go into administration I guess, but I don't think you can become an admin via merit. I know a FNP who runs a clinic and makes a doctor's income. She does have a master's degree though, but I think her hospital paid for it.

I almost became a teacher. I was coaching wrestling and I didn't like that all that much so I couldn't imagine being stuck in a room with a bunch of kids that didn't want to be there. Also, a teacher talked me out of it. He said he just felt like it was a dead end and there was no where to go. I am also lazy, but I do aspire to dominate the world, so it would be hard for me to just sit and be content with my job and accepting the union pay scale. That said, I have a few good friends that are teachers, and at least one of them says that it is an awesome job- for all the same reasons you said. I guess it just depends on your quirks. My specific quirks would make teaching a horrible fit. But it is stable and easy work, which seems good. Also summers off to build your empire. I think elementary school would be better than HS or MS.

I actually had a job teaching 7th grade english and swimming, I bailed on it right before the school year to go to law school. I didn't major in education, but I met a principal at a hotel where I worked and he asked me what I was going to do. He said in Houston, I could teach without a degree and they would get me one while I taught (can't recall all the details). It paid $40k in 1999, so it probably pays at least $50k now.

Matt Brown is finally going to get the ass beaten he deserves. No where is he better than Lawler
    He definitely has a better guard. I'm starting to think maybe Brown is actually good. So far, I have refused to believe it. But Robbie Lawler is a top WW in 2014, so what the hell do I know. I read that Barao lost to some midget? I'm never betting again. Also, I have say that Lawyer is on the juice. I don't believe in mid to late career skill jumps, so by my own Sonnen criteria, Lawler is cheating. He has to be.

He definitely has a better guard. I'm starting to think maybe Brown is actually good. So far, I have refused to believe it. But Robbie Lawler is a top WW in 2014, so what the hell do I know. I read that Barao lost to some midget? I'm never betting again. Also, I have say that Lawyer is on the juice. I don't believe in mid to late career skill jumps, so by my own Sonnen criteria, Lawler is cheating. He has to be.
    You need to start betting again. This place is dead. Find Ludo, X, and Vandelay and get them betting again also.

I just can't take Matt Brown seriously. He was almost finished by Mein and Silva before they both faded. Lawler won't fade. He'll just keep coming till he ko's him. Lawler by TKO
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Nurses usually start around that same pay here, maybe $50-60K. But there are a lot of opportunies for advancement in nursing. With teaching, you can go into administration I guess, but I don't think you can become an admin via merit. I know a FNP who runs a clinic and makes a doctor's income. She does have a master's degree though, but I think her hospital paid for it.

I almost became a teacher. I was coaching wrestling and I didn't like that all that much so I couldn't imagine being stuck in a room with a bunch of kids that didn't want to be there. Also, a teacher talked me out of it. He said he just felt like it was a dead end and there was no where to go. I am also lazy, but I do aspire to dominate the world, so it would be hard for me to just sit and be content with my job and accepting the union pay scale. That said, I have a few good friends that are teachers, and at least one of them says that it is an awesome job- for all the same reasons you said. I guess it just depends on your quirks. My specific quirks would make teaching a horrible fit. But it is stable and easy work, which seems good. Also summers off to build your empire. I think elementary school would be better than HS or MS.

I actually had a job teaching 7th grade english and swimming, I bailed on it right before the school year to go to law school. I didn't major in education, but I met a principal at a hotel where I worked and he asked me what I was going to do. He said in Houston, I could teach without a degree and they would get me one while I taught (can't recall all the details). It paid $40k in 1999, so it probably pays at least $50k now.

You have to take some extra classes to become a principal and probably have to get a degree in admin to go higher on the food change. Principal make 80k a year. At least the HS principal I talked to does. I'm sure them make less in elementary and middle school

I never really wanted to be a teacher. It was something the wife and I planned together. I mean, it would have been okay, and had I stayed married I probably would have stuck with it, but its not what I ultimately "want" to do. Now that its just me, I can go back to school and do whatever I want without someone wanting me to hurry so we can have kids.

I wayyyy too politically incorrect to be a teacher forever. I'm sure eventually I'd slip up and cuss during a class and get myself in trouble. I'll get everything figured out, eventually.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I plan on starting law school in January, unless I get a really bad LSAT score and don't get in.
    I didn't know you could start Law School in the middle of the school year.

Mmascientist?

Edmann
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

You need to start betting again. This place is dead. Find Ludo, X, and Vandelay and get them betting again also.

I just can't take Matt Brown seriously. He was almost finished by Mein and Silva before they both faded. Lawler won't fade. He'll just keep coming till he ko's him. Lawler by TKO
    Good point. Matt wont be able to take him down or overwhelm him either. If he tries his usual bullshit with him he will just keep running into really hard power punches. However I could see him getting dropped by Lawler and locking him up in something off his back. Probably pretty unlikely though.
    1 unit = 300 $

Renzo Gracie :

"It was nothing much, in reality. People made the thing become big. The DA (district attorney) saw me there and decide to call the press, make the drama and say that we were doing a gang assault. A gang assault is defined by three people beating up one individual and causing him serious injuries. Which never happened. Now that they watched the tapes, they realized that nothing happened but me taking the guy down, mounting him and when I was going to start beating him up, he said to me, 'Why you doing this? I don't know you, why are you beating me up?'

You have to understand one thing, in my life, I promise that I will never hit someone who chickens out. The guy chicken out, he asked for a towel. He asked to leave, I couldn't hit him, I just stood up. At the same time, an amazing bouncer that I know for a long time, he came up and said, 'Renzo why are you doing this? This guy has a mouth on him and he does nothing but insult people.' So, I stood up and I said, 'Nat, I didn't know you were working tonight, so I'm out of here and I apologize to you and I apologize coming to your place without talking to you first. I walked away but the other guy got up and called the other bouncers which were around 20 of them and was telling them to attack us. So, as were trying to make it to the car, the bouncers are coming after us. So, we were just holding our ground and walking back until the cops arrived. When the cops arrived, he made a huge scandal that got us arrested.

Now I realize that many times in the justice system, even though its a good and efficient one, it doesn't work. We were the only ones arrested. If there was any gang assault, it was the three guys jumping on Igor. Luckily nobody hit nobody. The whole time, it was nothing but grab each other with no kicking and punching. The only time someone took someone down was me. The altercation was directly with this person that is accusing us because everybody that was coming to the door, he was very rude to them. For you to have an idea. I just got invited to a dinner by 15 bouncers and I can bring anybody from my university because they said, 'We wish for a long time that this happened to this guy.' That's how much he is hated in the industry. Unfortunately, the owner of the 1OAK didn't realize he was at the door.

I was standing there, and I saw a lady come, and it's funny because she looks just like the DA that is charging us. And told her that, I told her that I wanted to come in and she said, 'You cannot come in honey.' I asked why and she said, 'Because you are fat and ugly.' I saw them insulting so many people. So I felt that if this guy runs his mouth on me, I am going to hit him. But he was such a chicken that I didn't have a chance to hit him. But like a see a coward, is like a bag of poop. I can not dirty my hands. So after he made all this drama, he chickened out. Now he is claiming he is going to sue me. I want to know for what? He didn't even get hurt. Maybe for sitting on him. This guy is 230 pounds and 6'2 or 6'3 and he chicken out. That's the nightmares I have. I hope I never have a son like that.

That was it, nobody hurt. They made a huge drama and they accused me of gang assault. My whole life, even when with my brothers, we had a meeting, that even if I am there, you are going to fight until the end. If your situation is too bad, the best that I can do to help you is to pull your opponent away and tell him the fight is over and he won. That's it. I'm never jumping in to hit the guy or kick him. The fight is one-on-one and that is exactly what happened. It was me and him, and I have it on tape. It was me and him."
    1 unit = 300 $

I didn't know you could start Law School in the middle of the school year.

Mmascientist?
    I dunno lol

Affirmative action prolly

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Renzo Gracie :

"
    Renzo is the man.

People act like it is the worst thing anyone has ever done (got into a fight). As far as I'm concerned, it is not a big deal even if he did wail on the guy. People fight all the time. Frankly, I believe Renzo here, his story seems a lot more plausible to me.

I havent even watched MMA in 2014. I don't think I should be betting. Just accept it, IWS died. It could be rebuilt, but every time someone comes along to post about MMA bets, we all just laugh.

I dunno lol

Affirmative action prolly
    BOL!!!!!!!!!!

I forget poopoo is from South Korea. He can probably get into Harvard with a 130 LSAT score
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I havent even watched MMA in 2014. I don't think I should be betting. Just accept it, IWS died. It could be rebuilt, but every time someone comes along to post about MMA bets, we all just laugh.

I do laugh at everyone......behind the scenes.

First thing is I think we need a new color combo....something like black and orange or black and red. This baby blue stuff has run its toll.

And Zak needs to start recuiting again. And someone needs to start posting all the news articles and fights again. Poopoo has got lazy....like the rest of us.

I'll contribute by running some event contests for Blu Rays or Gift Cards.

Dammit, this can be done!!! I will not give up
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Dammit, this can be done!!! I will not give up
    It could be done... but should it be done? IWS is like a failed utopian society. It functioned well for a while, then it failed. Should you try to start IWS II? I think it is better to just accept defeat gracefully and head on over to zewkey.

It could be done... but should it be done? IWS is like a failed utopian society. It functioned well for a while, then it failed. Should you try to start IWS II? I think it is better to just accept defeat gracefully and head on over to zewkey.

I'm already a partner over there. It's an invite only site now, but I can see if I can pull some strings and get you in
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP