Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

BqQirgMIMAAF_Vj.jpg large.jpg

Miscommunication much?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

That core strength tho

X wants someone to build him a personal fitness website:

I'm currently studying to get certified as a personal trainer and I have some ideas for an Internet-based training service. The idea I have for the website, though, is kind of complex and goes way beyond the basic HTML that I know. In fact, I'm not even sure what all it would entail and I figure a good amount of programming knowledge would be required.

Certain features must include:

* An exercise video library
    * An article library
    * A Forum
    * User Profiles

The most important feature, however, is that groups of client's are to have their own sub-area of the site that is sectioned off from the rest of the site where they can talk amongst themselves, share progress reports, enter stats, post progress pictures, etc.

So for those who know, how much knowledge would be required to set up a site like this? Could be done by just one person? And since I'm starting my business on a shoestring, what are the odds I could find someone (maybe someone young and talented but inexperienced) who would be willing to work out a deal for payment that doesn't require payment up front (like maybe a percentage of the first year's profits)?

Amount of money he has set aside for this: ZERO DOLLARS
    Originally Posted by SCADA
    What's your budget?
    Well, right now it's $0, hence the need to work out some sort of payment deal.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Oh cool, so he wants to build bodybuilding.com/bodyspace.

^ That thread got pretty harsh. Good read.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

As an aside, I don't think it is a bad idea. Sort of creating the cult small group feeling of a crossfit group for motivation and retention- but virtually. My only issue is that these things tend to happen organically IMO, you can't force a forum to be supportive or active, it just kind of happens I think based on factors that can't really be measured. Maybe there is more to it though.

I do agree with the general theme of the thread though, which is that it is completely unrealistic to expect someone to do it for $0 up front. He's probably going to spend at least $5k-10k to get that up and running in even a basic way. Probably a lot more than that.

Also, luke you are creeping me out the way you keep stalking X.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    As an aside, I don't think it is a bad idea. Sort of creating the cult small group feeling of a crossfit group for motivation and retention- but virtually. My only issue is that these things tend to happen organically IMO, you can't force a forum to be supportive or active, it just kind of happens I think based on factors that can't really be measured. Maybe there is more to it though.

I do agree with the general theme of the thread though, which is that it is completely unrealistic to expect someone to do it for $0 up front. He's probably going to spend at least $5k-10k to get that up and running in even a basic way. Probably a lot more than that.

Also, luke you are creeping me out the way you keep stalking X.
    The exercise/bodybuilding/personal training thing has been done to death online. I can find workout videos on youtube and join any forum on the net.

I just don't see how without a lot of money ,or a great idea ,you could succeed. A friend of mine had a simple,12 page,website built for him recently, that included nothing except a checkout cart and literature and I believe he paid 2k for it.

I just don't see how someone could legitimately bring $0 dollars to the table and think people are going to do it for free. That really makes me question his intelligence.
    Would you put in months of work to set up a company as their attorney with the promise they'd pay you if they ever turned a profit? I'm guessing the answer is "hell no."
    The whole thought is just bizarre

And I was bored last night and couldn't sleep .Since there was nothing to read here, I went over there....and since he's the only guy I know that post over there, I decided to see what he was posting. I was sure I'd find some comedy, but not that gem. It was actually the first time I've been over there, but now see I should go more often
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I'm not disagreeing with you. It is not realistic at all to expect someone to work for $0 up front just because they like your idea. I spent $1500 on my (now defunct) site, just to have it online, and it was a landing page and a bio, that's it. Then I spent another $10k up front to drive traffic to it. It was a different model entirely, but you can't "bootstrap" a business unless you can do the work yourself- that's a fact that exists in every business.

As for the fitness website market, I don't know much about it. I can find any kind of training online I want, I know that. I am not commenting on whether it is feasible in the market, just that I have seen worse ideas succeed in general.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you. It is not realistic at all to expect someone to work for $0 up front just because they like your idea. I spent $1500 on my (now defunct) site, just to have it online, and it was a landing page and a bio, that's it. Then I spent another $10k up front to drive traffic to it. It was a different model entirely, but you can't "bootstrap" a business unless you can do the work yourself- that's a fact that exists in every business.

As for the fitness website market, I don't know much about it. I can find any kind of training online I want, I know that. I am not commenting on whether it is feasible in the market, just that I have seen worse ideas succeed in general.
    It may not be a horrible idea, but it is with $0 and no programming experience. With $25k its a different story.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I work in internet marketing. I'd say about 95% of marketers fail miserably.

Before jumping into something, you need to figure out your angle. What is going to separate your business from the other hundreds of thousands of fitness sites out there now.

How are you going to monetize it?

What is your plan to drive traffic? Forums require an insane amount of traffic just to get started. Who's going to sign up to a forum that has no other members?

You have no budget, no knowledge of online marketing, and you expect people to do everything for you for free? What's stopping more experienced people from taking your supposed good idea and creating their own website?
    1 unit = 300 $

^^^^^^^the guy lives in a fantasy world. For god sakes, he compares his start up to Facebook.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

SPX is LITERALLY Mark Zuckerberg.

Oh well, no sense in mocking him.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

anyone got a download on this?

http://www.ufc.com/media/frank-mir-fightography

Who's Frank Mir?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

.................................................. .......................
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post

.................................................. .......................

I dont even like being on a ladder. Given the choice, I would rather swim with a shark then do this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    I dont even like being on a ladder. Given the choice, I would rather swim with a shark then do this shit.
    Don't like heights either. I'm fine on a ladder, top of the house, etc, but once I get in a roller coaster or airplane, I'm freaking. I hate flying more than anything.

That video alone made my butt hole tighten and made me cringe. Wouldn't climb that high for $10 million. I don't even think I could. Would probably have a heart attack halfway up
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP